for Harry Potter and the Sun Queen

7/3/2015 c6 Mymalkshakes
Wasn't sure if this story would interest me, but after the first paragraph I was hooked. Great writing as usual, look forward to more :)
7/1/2015 c6 Johannes de Silentio
First of all, you rock.

Second, thank you for taking the time to write these amazing stories!

Third. This is the best thing since Nutella on a pizza.

6/23/2015 c6 DMacX
Looks like Harry is getting serious.

Definitely time for an update :)
6/22/2015 c6 Archleone
I think you should probably focus on finishing the LotR/HP crossovers (not that I'm biased or anything) first to lighten your load. I could be remembering wrong, but weren't you nearly done one of them?

Diverging away from Lara Croft canon might be for the best. I'm sure you can come up with new ways where, despite Harry's magic, Lara grows and becomes bad ass on her own. Nerfing Harry or putting him out of the fight can only work so often before it feels like a bad cutscene from a game. That's just my opinion though. Pretty as the Lara Croft reboot was, I didn't much like the story.

Also, I could have sworn you had Harry lament the loss of his supplies when he lost his bag. He included his (new, I guess?) Firebolt and his invisibility cloak among his lost assets. If that's true, I guess you could always retcon it to being a run of the mill cloak, and make it so that the Deathly Hallow is somewhere safe at home. Or edit that part out to remove the mention of his cloak. Or something?

On another note, I think the summoning should/could have worked (I never felt that the books gave that spell much of a limit, but it's been a while since I've read them), though a lot of fan fics include a lot of security features whenever Harry buys one of those bags. One such feature is anti-summoning, which I always thought was a bit of a dangerous feature. That is unless it's more of a "no one but the owner can summon" thing. I mean, what if someone just grabbed it and walked off with it? Or, you know, you dropped your bag into the ocean?

Anyway, good luck with your writing. I hope you update your other stories soon.
6/21/2015 c6 FF-loverHP1
very interesting cross over/... i like it
6/19/2015 c6 1Zephyrical
I've really been enjoying this story. It's definitely an interesting blend of two universes that often don't get crossovered. I look forward to more.
6/18/2015 c6 OlivineWK
Wasn't sure how it'd work with Harry being part of the story, but you've done a great job with this so far. I love the interactions between Harry and Lara too, and the fact that you aren't making him some super powerful wizard that can do anything.
6/18/2015 c2 scify
Interesting idea. Great potential. ... Iffy execution, at best.
6/17/2015 c6 TheWickedTruth89
Great chapter, can't wait for more.
6/17/2015 c1 TheWickedTruth89
Interesting start, I like your version of Harry, you're not the only one who can't stand needless angst.
6/17/2015 c6 Lightsbane1905
my arse its least anticipated. damn fine work
6/16/2015 c6 5Averant
Oh, this is a wonderful crossover! I look forward to reading more, whenever you get the chance to post. Thank you for your hard work!
6/16/2015 c6 Kroz Phantomville
Hope to see more.
6/12/2015 c6 Gunriel
You should focus on this one... It's awesome! :)
6/5/2015 c1 phantomzeke
SO...I want to be interested. I really do. However something real basic has been forgotten and it immediately made me cringe and lose interest. What might be this basic thing you ask? MAGIC...Basic magic to be exact.

Think I barely got through half the chapter but I really had to point this out. So the wards block any kind of teleportation...cool. Even blocking stealth? Also cool. Knocking out electronics and magic? Par for the course. But...simple basic summoning magic? I mean, seriously, this is Harry we are talking about. How could he forget something that saved his life? He's been curse breaking, hunting and dragon wrangling...traveling the world...gaining RL experience. No way he'd forget that he could just Accio (insert item) and recover his hard won, treasured items.

Another thing is...he really just let go of the fact he lost his moleskin pouch, a gift from a dear friend? His father's invisibility cloak? Items like the Deathly Hallows that are bad for just anyone to come across? And he's like, Oh well...guess I'll have to make do? Needless angst aside, he would angst a little bit of such treasured things, especially since these would be all the more precious to a man who for a long time, had nothing to call his own.

Normally I don't review but this bothered me so much I had to...and it ended up being longer than I intended. You said you're trying to keep in line with canon Harry minus needless angst...I think you left out alittle more than you intended.

I can accept Harry losing somethings and being unable to get them back...but all of them? Nah...I can even accept Harry letting them go, if he went through the proper emotions. If he can't find some things, give good reasons other than sank to the bottom of the ocean. He's a wizard for crying out loud. The Tri Wizard Tourney showed that such a thing was no obstacle to a wizard.
276 « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »