for Harry Potter and the Sun Queen

2/22/2015 c1 noshadowone
One things bugging about the loss of supplies was am invisibility cloak was it a run of the mill cloak or was IT THE CLOAK because if it was his heirloom I think he would be freaking out more
2/19/2015 c5 2ArthurShade
Very nice story
2/19/2015 c5 Greyjedi449t
Awesome story so far. Looking forward to the next chapter :)
2/19/2015 c5 hugp1x
Lara and Harry have pretty awesome chemistry. It'd be a shame if nothing came of their relationship.
2/18/2015 c5 lazyguy90
Interesting stuff.

Keep up the good work.
2/15/2015 c5 OSR fanatic
Great Story! :) Update Soon! :)

Will this story go into the game "Rise of the Tomb Raider" when it comes out at the end of this year?
2/14/2015 c5 Guest
While I don't like a 'Protagonist lose his power' idea, I do actually, have nothing against it, because one... He get it right back, and two, it was just done in such manner that I don't have to bang my head on the wall, simply enough.
Plus it doesn't take a genius to figure out that to have Wizard Magic, you must have Wizard Wand, otherwise, we have the answer.

So no, I have nothing against it really.
2/13/2015 c5 30Harry.J.Potter0
Great Chapter, love the character development.

By the way, have you ever played Deus Ex? Would love to see a crossover of Deus Ex and Harry Potter or Tomb Raider
2/12/2015 c5 Ranmaleopard
This is just awesome. Will Harry's Parseltongue abilities help or hinder the rest of the way?
2/12/2015 c5 1Still Not Dead Yet
With Harry finally acting serious and Lara coming into her own it will be interesting to see where things go from here.

I look forward to your next update!
2/12/2015 c1 Meisa-tan
I find it a little odd that Harry didn't seem all that sad about losing some of his most-prized possessions, and that a couple of Accios can't help his problem, but okay, I'll roll with it.
2/11/2015 c5 PoetSamurai
Hey don't hate on the year-out students for point one. I mean look at the events in Far Cry 3. Jason Brody was a typical American white-boy drunkie college student with too much money...

...but at the end of the game, he was, honestly, the most badass person in-game.

But back to why that's important to Harry...well, judging by your timeline..he would have just killed Voldemort not too long ago, meaning he's a skilled combatant.

The events in Deathly Hollows show that he has the skills to survive living off of the wild. He can use a sword, so why not have him pickup a machete? It's a viable tool.

And I laughed at "flipendo" and "petrificus totalus". Really? A flipping charm? Why not "Defodio" which pierces, "Incendio" which burns, "Sectum Sempra" which slices until dead, or summoning/speaking to snakes with parseltongue, "Accio/Depulso" which can pull(summon)/push an item? "Aguamenti" to summon fresh, conjured water? Jelly-leg jinx, which would leave pretty much any muggle incapacitated while conscious? Hell, even an "EXPELLIARMUS" to steal a gun. Or the pin of a grenade and watch the enemies try to scramble and take off the munitions belt.

You have him dueling like he's in his second year. I can understand him not wanting to sully the "pure wizard" image Lara has of him, but he just saw her snuff three guys. I'm pretty sure at this point a defodio to the head or sectumsempra to the neck won't worry her too much when a well placed bullet/blade will do exactly the same.

But I respect you and your decisions. I would actually hate (as opposed to enjoying it like I am now) if Harry suddenly becomes the be all, end all magic genie to cure all of Lara's problems.

I, as a reader, just want to see a capable Harry. Not a Merlin!God Harry, and certainly not a second-year amateur, but a wizened wizard who knows how to survive and fight.

A perfect compliment to Lara, who despite being a 20 year old woman getting into the shit she does, blossoms into the kick ass Tomb Raider.

If you really want to even out the playing field, have Harry's wand snap. That way, he'll have to rely on using his knowledge as opposed to Deus-Exing with magic. He can have limited uses of wandless magic (summoning, pushing, pulling, very limited healing, and maybe some fire/heat) but he won't be able to transform a tent into a hotel. Give him a sword, knife, whatever. A pistol. A revolver.

Integrate him so that we, as readers, may be immersed. It's tough having crossovers where one character can do things that rival minor-dieties of the other, but that's why you can use author creativity to level the playing field.
2/11/2015 c2 PoetSamurai
Oh by the way, Harry isn't short.

The misconception actually comes from the movie due to Daniel Radcliffe's short stature (5'5").

Harry Potter, actually, is very tall. Shorter than Ron, sure, but one of the tallest boys in his year.

In book 5, OoTP before Sirius dies he mentions how much Harry's grown, and that he's "just like [his] father, give or take an inch".

James Potter is, and I quote, "one of the tallest boys in his year". So doing some simple math, Harry by his 5th year (15 years old, going on 16) would definitely be taller than what 60% of most fanfics put him at.

Since there's no actual notation of height, I use England's average male height (which is 5"10 or 178cm) and add a couple of centimeters.

Now that being said, it is true that Harry never bulked up like James did when he finished puberty, so it's most likely that Harry is small in a "body type" sense- he'd be extremely lithe in frame.

So TL;DR: Harry, in book!Canon is actually tall. At least, above average. Not 5'5" Daniel Radcliffe tall.

He also has black hair and green eyes, so you have that correct ;)
2/11/2015 c1 PoetSamurai
I've...I've been waiting a looooooooooooooong time for a HP/TR remake crossover fic. Like, since the game came out long.

You've answered my prayers. Prepare yourself for my adoration.
2/11/2015 c5 Sterata
Awesome as always and love your reasoning at what harry did, I had thought last chapter he was a bit to overt with his powers.
276 « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 .. Last Next »