for What Would Max (and Scarlett) Do?

10/15/2020 c8 MatiasND
I have read this story twice.
I can say that is my favourite.
Unluckily there aren't any new chapters
11/29/2015 c8 18ChrisMcLean-Cody-Duncan-TD
It's a pity you haven't updated this in a good while because I was really starting to enjoy the journal. I actually have tests coming up rather soon, so this was kind of helpful. Maybe not Max's side, but Scarlett was rather helpful.
It was nice to see Max and Scarlett getting on for a very short bit near the end anyway. I had to agree with Scarlett in some lines and things she said and I thought some of Scarlett's part was really well-thought out and pretty deep at times.
I really do hope you update this at any time you possibly can.
11/29/2015 c7 ChrisMcLean-Cody-Duncan-TD
...I wouldn't want to be babysitted by Scarlett. I guess I'd be fine with Max, but seriously? Locking a kid in a cupboard?
I'm amazed how you come up with this. Do you just write the first harsh thing that comes to mind, or what? It's actually pretty awesome. Your writing is really good in this journal and I'm enjoying reading this. Though it is kind of creepy and if Max and Scarlett weren't fictional characters, I'm pretty sure you'd be sued.
The topics are great, and they really bring out different parts of their personalities.
11/27/2015 c6 ChrisMcLean-Cody-Duncan-TD
I've never liked the holiday either that much so this journal entry made perfect sense to me. Why go out and get chocolate for some boy or girl, give it to them, find out they never liked you and then sulk the whole day? Never made sense to me.
Scarlett seems much more interested in the scientific side of things I've been realising through these past few chapters. She hasn't really got much feelings. And although I originally overlooked it, I do see more now that Scarlett is more about making sarcastic and scientific comments while Max just goes ahead and makes a fool of himself.
I'm really impressed with this journal so far. You've really took an amazing idea and transformed it to be an amazing journal as well!
11/27/2015 c5 ChrisMcLean-Cody-Duncan-TD
'I rarely if at all use musical instruments for their intended purpose.'
This is the stage where I completely agree with her. I'm not really a musical person - the only thing I really like about musical instruments are that they are hard and end up being pretty good weapons. I remember throwing a tambourine (that is the only instrument I can play successfully - even my music teacher says so) at someone and they were pretty hurt.
But, back to the point, I really thought this chapter was a good one. It was nice to have a break from all the holiday ones and talk about a normal, everyday item. For musical people, I mean. I only see instruments like once a month.
11/27/2015 c4 ChrisMcLean-Cody-Duncan-TD
Christmas is totally a double-edged sword. You have to buy presents, they have to buy presents...
I never got why we couldn't just buy ourselves what we wanted and shut up about it.
But before I continue...
MARIJUANA CUPCAKES?!
You have literally made me scared of ever eating a cupcake again at Christmas.
Talking about Max's part, I'd love to see a bit more detail on his job at the fast-food place in some future chapters. I don't know, it just seems like a kind of interesting subject for Max to be talking about.
Scarlett's part - It was detailed although the whole brother bit was kinda creepy. And kind of depressing about wrapping up the ex-girlfriends perfume and giving it to the guy? Geez. Scarlett, you are one horrible person.
11/27/2015 c3 ChrisMcLean-Cody-Duncan-TD
The poem at the top was killing me - how you can think of that stuff?! It would take me, like, a year to come up with that.
This isn't about your writing style, but I didn't completely agree with Max. Yes, I thought Max's part was well written, had great detail and was very entertaining but I'm a lot like Scarlett - kind of anti-Halloween. I don't really like the celebration that much - I turn off all my lights, put the car in the garage and my family sit in it eating food and playing video game consoles until the night is over. This way we never get trick or treated.
But, this was a really great chapter all in all.
11/27/2015 c2 ChrisMcLean-Cody-Duncan-TD
Because I've got a dog, and my dad's allergic to cats, this chapter was hilarious to me. I'd never agree with Max normally, but I have to agree that I much prefer dogs over cats.
Scarlett is starting to sound like the insane one has Max seems a little more sane in this chapter.
I loved the line 'WHY? THEY DON'T DO WHAT THEY'RE TOLD. THEY DON'T PLAY FETCH. AND THEY SURE AS HELL DON'T LISTEN TO ANYTHING YOU SAY.'
I'm greatly opposed to cats so this chapter had me bursting into fits of laughter every few seconds. This was such an awesome chapter - keep it up!
11/27/2015 c1 ChrisMcLean-Cody-Duncan-TD
I decided to review this for the Read and Swap and I mean - wow. It's a great, funny idea for a story (though, to be honest even after one chapter I don't see me taking much of their advice!)
Although I've seen stories with the same principle to this, I've never really seen a story with these characters. The way you write Scarlett is great because it's humorous but - though I would never try it - is actually do-able.
I don't think Max's idea is possible without looking like a weird freak to other people...
Great chapter, well-written and definitely lives up to the amazing idea you had.
6/22/2015 c5 alcamoth
I GOT WHERE MAX'S STOLEN JOKE CAME FROM
5/28/2015 c8 NerdyNightStocker
Scarlett would definitely have no trouble passing any school test or having zero compassion for anybody else... Max's scheme to cheat sounded exactly like something he would do and we way he justified it proves that he should probably go into politics or selling used cars. Overall the most surprising thing about this entry was seeing Scarlett finally snap at Max. Tests and schoolwork are her forte so I can see why she'd be adamant about getting her point across.
5/24/2015 c8 The Abysswalker
Well, that escalated quickly.
5/20/2015 c8 PKRS
hm i wonder what inspired this chapter
5/20/2015 c8 161SideshowJazz1
Yeah...I guessed Scarlett would be better on this one. Mainly because she is super-smart. I've done what she recommends before in study, except threatening someone else with a knife. And I don't live in Australia, but we don't have finals in New Zealand right now, either. But I finished school years ago, and I'm in my third year of university. We DO have semester finals, but all my courses this semester only have internal assignments, nothing external (yay). Anyway, hope you update soon!
5/20/2015 c8 SargentEpsilon
And once again, we get an installment that reveals more of Scarlett's inner mental workings and what made her the way she is now. Very interesting.
72 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »