for A Match Made In Hell

6/15/2019 c4 12cecilia.dryan
Update please let me know
6/15/2019 c3 cecilia.dryan
Update please let
6/15/2019 c2 cecilia.dryan
Update
6/15/2019 c1 cecilia.dryan
Please update
9/18/2014 c3 Bob
Yes, Leah, THAT's what's wrong with this story. The judge thing. Otherwise, it's just brilliant.
9/6/2014 c3 Leah
Where do you live that would allow a 24 year old non-lawyer to be a judge? Most states require judges to be a member of the bar of that state. There are exceptions, but those are mostly Justices of the Peace, which would not be presiding over family law cases. Even in New York, which allows non lawyers on some lower level courts, family law matters are presided over by those with law degrees.

/2013/12/the-process-of-becoming-a-judge/

Connecticut particularly has stringent requirements.

I know it is an AU, but it should still have some grounding in reality, and I'm not sure I would be comfortable with a judge who didn't know the law.

Alternative: Luke is Christopher's attorney, fresh out of law school and this is the first case he won. Maybe add a year to his age, since 25 is still young enough to work here. Lorelai could still be angry at him for his involvement, while he defends himself as doing his duty (though he is fond of the money as well.)
9/5/2014 c4 20GilmoreGirlsAddict - Rogan Fan

Groovy Chapter & More Please
9/3/2014 c2 RhizOneill
Great. More please.
9/2/2014 c2 Guest
Did you post this on here before or something? Because I remember reading a story almost exactly like this before.

Are you posting it again?
9/2/2014 c2 Leah
At 24 years old, Luke would not be a judge. Only in rare cases would he even have graduated law school (most enter law school between ages 22-24, though you have the rare 21 year old.) After graduation, there is clerking. Often judges spend a number of years as practicing lawyers.

Also, family law tends to favor the mother. Sad, and it's something that is in the process of changing, but this most certainly would have been the case when Rory was little. Christopher would have likely been stuck with high child support payments.
19 Page 1 2 Next »