for Watch the World Burn

6/23/2015 c1 43Cheile
Hiya! I'm here reviewing you for the Reviewathon over at Caesar's Palace forum. Come drop by sometime, all fandoms welcome :)

Tymmie is an extremely interesting subject to choose and I think you made a great choice here, especially when you mention how he ended up joining the Atrox in order to escape his past and, in a sense, "help" his mother because he felt like he was nothing more than a burden to her. I love the anger and bitterness that emanates from his every thought—it shows how he is still human inside, despite being bound to the Atrox. He may pretend it doesn't matter if the Atrox destroys all that is good in the world but his thoughts show a different story, except that he's too content in his bitterness to notice that he cares.

Another great hint of potential humanity left is him returning to the place he used to live, while forcing himself to shut out his mother's voice from his subconscious. Whether he wants to admit it or not, he still cares about her in some miniscule fraction of a sense (or he wouldn't be there).

The ending is great with him shaking off his emotions (for what they were worth) and feeling ready to set the fires that he intends to ignite. Very well written.

Desktop/Tablet Mode . Blog . Twitter . Help . Sign Up  Top