FanFiction.Net
for Jane Eyre: an alternate ending

9/18/2018 c1 sari18
Loved it. Happy ending finally. Quite a twist. I enjoy your fan fiction. Well done. Thank you.
7/25/2017 c1 hariharu
It's so lovely! When I read it, I felt pain, love and tears...
Thank you Thanks for writing this amazing and beautiful story!
4/23/2017 c1 Guest
Wow! So very well written, no wonder you are a published novelist. I shall certainly check it out!
8/1/2016 c17 10CassandraLowery
Aaaah, what a lovely ending, indeed!

Thank you so much for this lovely story, so satisfying and so Bronte-esque! I have thoroughly enjoyed it and will start reading your novel shortly.

May God bless you as you continue exercising your amazing gift of writing!

8/1/2016 c16 CassandraLowery
Very Ophelia-esque! Madness calls to madness, broken branch of the willow tree included.

And now Jane and Edward may marry!

Off to read the final chapter... :)
8/1/2016 c15 CassandraLowery
Oh, my! I was on the very edge of my seat throughout this entire chapter! You are a master, nay, mistress, of suspense!

Poor Bertha! Wily thought she is, I'm sure that seeing that her beauty was gone despite the trappings from Jane's own head and shoulders would have been devastating to her.

Thank you again for writing for us! It is truly a joy to read this book and experience a work so very much like Charlotte Bronte herself.

8/1/2016 c14 CassandraLowery
May I just say that, as devoted Anglican myself, St. John gives me the creeps?

shiver

Well done, though! I felt the same shiver of revulsion for St. John in Bronte's novel that I felt in reading this chapter. He's such a cold, unforgiving man! I can't see how he can possibly be an effective shepherd of a flock, much less a missionary in a foreign land. Many of our family members and friends are missionaries (Senegal, Turkey, Morocco, Ireland, Japan, Australia, etc.), and I simply can't see St. John in such a role.

Sigh. That's why I adore Rochester in Charlotte Bronte's novel: the man who emerges from the flames of Thornfield remains a man of passion while turning his heart to God. He acknowledges that he is grateful despite all that he has lost. Have we ever heard St. John express gratitude for anything or anyone?

Anyway, I need to return to my online class and my editing jobs. Thanks for "listening" to me babble; I just adore Jane Eyre (both the character and the novel), and your story here so incredibly mirrors Bronte's writing style and character development that at times it is almost as if Charlotte has been writing for us from the Great Beyond. ;)

Have a lovely week, and your book is next in my queue of books to read! :D

7/31/2016 c13 CassandraLowery
Poor Jane, indeed! Mr. Rochester's impetuous nature may have placed his "sprite" in grave danger. I hope not, but one does not know for certain in fan fiction...which is its allure.

I am very much looking forward to reading your novel as soon as I finish reading a modern Pride and Prejudice book.

You have captured Miss C. Bronte's characters so amazingly here! Thank you for writing!

7/30/2016 c12 CassandraLowery
That was quite the confrontation between St. John and Mr. Rochester! And you have captured both men's characters so perfectly! This is truly brilliant writing; if I did not know better, I would have thought that Charlotte Bronte herself had written an alternate ending for her most beloved novel.

Thank you!

7/28/2016 c11 CassandraLowery
You have so perfectly captured Charlotte Bronte's writing style, vocabulary, and characters. I recognize some short sections from the book itself, but most are not, yet they fit seamlessly together. Brilliantly done!:D

Thank you for writing for us! :)

Warmly,
Cassandra, delayed by grading stories for the online Fan Fiction summer course I teach to junior high and high school students... :D
7/21/2016 c3 CassandraLowery
This is simply amazing to be enveloped in Charlotte Bronte's words and characters almost exactly as she would have written them. Thank you!

7/21/2016 c2 CassandraLowery
Aaaah, this is truly a gift! It is as if Charlotte Bronte has written a differing final third of her novel and it has fallen into my hands!

Thank you!

7/21/2016 c1 CassandraLowery
This is a wonderful chapter! You have captured Charlotte Bronte's writing style and Jane Eyre's voice so wonderfully well that I would have thought this was part of the original novel if not for the changes of plot and dialogue.

Brilliantly done! And yes, I've downloaded your novel via Kindle Unlimited and can't wait to read it!

Thank you for writing for us; this is a superlative representation of Charlotte Bronte's most famous novel...which also happens to be my favorite novel. Ever.

With warmest regards,
2/21/2016 c17 13musicnlyrics
Absolutely incredible. A well-penned alternative for those of us who, while we love the original tale, would have liked to see a happier end for Mr. Rochester and his little fairy.

Thank you for sharing!
9/15/2015 c17 larke8
Awesome, awesome, awesome! This is definitely the best FanFiction I've ever read. Write another? Please?!
139 « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »