for Shifting Feelings

12/3/2014 c19 9lizzieonawhim
Well, this was certainly different than I expected. I thought Artemis wouldn't show him until she absolutely had to - like, say, maybe Wally would be attacked by a member of the pack, and she'd have to shift to save him. Then again, I think this fits better with how things happened in canon. She told her secret voluntarily then, too.

I will admit, it rankles a bit how the characters constantly equate "science" to stubborn adherence to the known laws of the universe. The whole point of science is that we don't know everything yet, and we want to find out more. A good scientist approaches new ideas with as unbiased a mindset as possible, with the intent to discover the truth, not just to confirm old ideas. As I think I've mentioned before, if Galileo had approached the world the way Wally has in this fic, he would have concluded without even checking that it was impossible for the earth to go around the sun, and someone else would have had to figure it out later. They made this mistake in canon, too, so it's definitely in character, but it still bothers me. It bothered me in "Denial," too.

I did, however, absolutely *love* Wally's instinctive response to Artemis showing signs of pain. There's literally nothing he could do to stop the transformation from hurting her, but he starts forward anyway because he can't stand to see her suffer even a little bit. Even in the middle of witnessing the impossible, Wally's first priority is still Artemis and her well-being. It's so ridiculously sweet I'm gonna get a cavity :)

Wally arguing with Dick over the photo was kind of like... really, dude? You know your BFF better than that. I was glad he apologized at the end.

As always, I'm looking forward to the next chapter!
12/2/2014 c19 7PopCulturist
Wow. That's all I can say. Great payoff.
12/2/2014 c19 arrowflash
OMG! Please update soon. She showed him. I want to know what happens and will she show Dick too.
12/2/2014 c19 TheAsterousAuthor
AWWW TO THE HEEEEEELL YEEEEEEEAAAAAAH!

This was awesome.

Like seriously, if you had done it differently in ANY way, it wouldn't be as good.

No lies.
12/1/2014 c19 BlackCheetah16
I LOVED IT!
Golden Wolf :)
11/30/2014 c18 Guest
please don't ever abandon this fic! it's too beautiful!
11/30/2014 c18 TheAsterousAuthor
Awwwww….. The Spitfire feels and emotions are really strting to show!
Lurved it and can't wait for the next chappie!
11/29/2014 c18 Guest
oh an update /chOKES/ (le reading authors note) 'FLIRT CITAAAAAAY' hmmm? YAAAASS THIS IS SOOO FANTASTIC OHMYGODS AAAAAAAH
11/29/2014 c18 arrowflash
*laughting * I love Bart. I cant wait for more. I do hope Dick runs into Artemis when she's saving a child. That troll and Artemis need action. Or she protects Dick from another wolf. She gets into a fight saving him and is wounded.
11/28/2014 c18 9lizzieonawhim
*loud squeaky noises* OH MY GOD THEY'RE ADMITTING IT! THEY'RE ADMITTING IT! They're admitting it to themselves and they're like three seconds away from admitting it to each other and something's about to go horribly wrong, isn't it? Y'know what? No. I'm not going to think about that. I'm going to think about Wally waking up on top of Artemis with her fingers in his hair and then making her breakfast and taking care of her until she's better. I'm going to think about him being a dorky gentleman about her changing her clothes and Artemis not really getting it, but thinking it's really sweet anyway. I'm going to think about Wally texting Artemis at work, and I'm going to very pointedly *not* think about the fact that he's been stealing from said workplace or the fact that Bart's been covering for him or the fact that Artemis hasn't told him she's a werewolf yet or that Lawrence Crock is still out there being a jackass and Artemis is still trying to fight him and we still don't know where that line of his is but *she* does and she's inching over it and knows it, or that Ojo might still be mad at her and looking for revenge, or... nope. Not going to think about any of those things. Instead, I'm going to think about Wally texting Artemis about that "intern" (who has not shown up in the narrative and who I'm therefore going to have to assume doesn't exist) and basically testing the waters to see how she reacts to the idea of going out with him, and Artemis responding *very* favorably... oh my god you two JUST MAKE OUT ALREADY

okay that was a really long paragraph but i can't bring myself to break it up into bits. breaking up a paragraph like that is like adopting kittens out to different owners: generally necessary, but entirely heartbreaking. so since i don't want to, i'm not going to.

aaaaah this chapter IT'S SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE
11/28/2014 c17 BlackCheetah16
All're beautiful, wonderful ... But you could make the Barbara to get laid? You know, I love her very much and I find it very annoying when the authors to leave seeing clouds ... Being by Starfire or Zatanna, I hate when she is left alone ! So, you know, maybe Jason? Just think sad to see my favorite character, along with Lorena Marquez and Raven, being alone for the rest of his life ...
PLEASE!
Barbara Gordon is AWESOME!
And your fic TOO!
11/28/2014 c17 Guest
I LOVE IT!
it's SOOOO awesome you're a great writer!
11/28/2014 c9 BlackCheetah16
BabsDick
11/27/2014 c17 arrowflash
When is he going to find out? Please update soon.
11/27/2014 c17 Guest
yeeeeessssss /chuckles maniacally/ the ship has sailed. spitfiiiire
173 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »