for Oh, For a Single Laugh

4/4/2015 c1 2RocketKat123
Loki has always been my favorite Norse god (or rather jotun) and you wrote him so well. Thank you very much.
12/28/2014 c1 Deleted Account Pending Remove
Wow, this is really dark. As it should be. I very much like how seriously you show Loki's side of it; he wasn't just clowning around stupidly with that stunt he did. There was much more too it than that. He was dealing with the complex - and in the end, deavstatingly simple - undercurrents running through the situation. Which, as Loki, he of course could quickly pick up on. He knows what people's game is, as readily as he can see the color of their eyes. And you're dead to rights about Skadi. She was mad, and proud, and deeply hurt inside, and she wanted pain. From Loki, especially.

The cold way Loki plays the politics here is just chilling. His icy assessment of people's opinion of him, his role, the machinations it takes to fulfill the expectations... it's not fair that someone so connected with fire should have to think so coldly.

Like everything he does, though, he's brilliant at it. He's also ruthless. The combination adds up here to him treating himself quite brutally, which again, condiering the brutality other people unleash on Loki, is not quite fair.

But then, nowhere in this sharp, brilliant little piece did Loki (or you) say or imply anything about this being fair. It's just the game he plays, and he is shockingly good at it.

And one day, if you believe the myths... this Loki who is so good at playing to the knife-edge of things, and putting himself on the line, will take it just a little too far.

Which is why it's a good thing he has Sigyn. And allies among the writers of fanfiction.
11/30/2014 c1 21akirakurosawa
That was lovely. Thank you.
11/29/2014 c1 31Selective scifi junkie
I kind of assumed that wasn't Loki's choice. I assumed someone made him do that.
9/19/2014 c1 29fantasydancer
This somehow managed to be equal parts amusing, cringe worthy, and saddening. The story of Loki and Skadi always causes me to cringe though, so that was normal. I really loved your insight on this story, and I have always loved your characterization of Loki. It's so nice sometimes to know what might be going on in his mind, and you write him so very well! And your descriptive writing is so utterly enticing. Your stories always thrill me so! :)