for Forging the Future

9/15 c25 Force Smuggler
Short story detailing older Hera's side of things during TSW? No? Can you blame me for asking?
RIP Ezra.
Loved seeing Kanan there at the end.
Doran's appearing in that location on the ship would scar me for life as well.
So now Doran begins teaching Willow how to be a Mando. Or what not to do? Hahahahaha.
I love this generational thing you've got going. When we first started reading FTF Doran was a hopeless bumpkin (still is but I digress.) but over the almost year he has been here, he has gained friends, allies, whatever for life, took his rite of adult hood Ver'dgoten, the game of annihilation, etc. And now, he has to pass on his knowledge to the next generation. Jintar is going to find this whole thing hilarious.
Loved Doran and Jintar's philosophical talk. Makes sense.
Hopefully, Willow's year is quieter. Vong War still going on, but I can hope right?
Knights of Wren? Formed and molded into the Knights of Ren decades from now?
Most curious to see where that whole thing goes.
8/25 c22 Force Smuggler
AP-5 decked out in combat gear to fight the Yuuzhan Vong and not have to deal with the 3 hoodlums? I approve. I need this in a drawing. Mental imagining is good but probably pales in comparison to the actual thing.

Very emotional chapter for everyone.
Lots of Force mysticism.
Can't wait to see how this stuff all comes back in later chapters and stories.
Unintended consequences for Dinua. Well at least she has an idea of what evil Doran would be like.
Jintar's vision. Wow. Messed up but can see that happening.
Tracyn. Could totally see that vision happening as well. Lots of people are going to die. Even her friends or allies of convenience as she trying to convince herself at the moment. Will it be worth it? What good is being on top of an empire, if everyone you cared for is dead? And all of the dead bodies. That would get to anyone after awhile.

To quote Thrawn from Rebels Season 3 "Let's see how you respond."
Now to take the Jedi version of the Ver'dgoten. or however it is spelled.
Prepare yourselves.
Nothing will be the same ever again.
The bonds you have forged in the fires of the conflicts of the last year (give or take a month or so) have changed you for good. It is not something that will go away like that. Or shouldn't go away like that.
Time will tell.

Kanan would have his head in his hands and brood.
Good to see Doran knock some sense into Ezra.
I'd love to see everyone Doran has ever met and influenced over the years just meet up and have an adventure or even just storytelling time. Vestara meeting the Mando's!
Oh wait. Sannah! You jerk.
The Ghost crew on one last mission? Can't wait. Let's hope this adventure is more satisfying an ending than TLJ was for Luke. I have faith in you. Don't let me down.
8/24 c21 2BenSky-VestaraKhai
Wonderful to see this updated again. I've been having a craving for more updates for this story lately, anyway lol.

Lying, Tracyn? Especially when Doran's defending you so vehemently? Tsk, tsk.
However, I'm glad that it's not Doran she and Viszla pointed out as the Jedi in the last update.

Hope all's well with you, AOF, and I look forward to the next update.
8/18 c21 Force Smuggler
Yay! The Ghost crew and Lothal!
Also, thank you! What happened to Lothal here is more satisfying than what happened in the NEU imo. Them pulling off the victory and the Empire doesn’t retaliate? Lame. Rip Kanan.
I was worried that Tracyn had a part in Doran and Hera getting outed but my fears have been lessened. She could have had a plan but maybe I’m too trusting.
1/8 c20 1Lord-Sylph
Correct me if I’m wrong, because it’s been a while since I reread any of your Fish-verse stories. But doesn’t Doran end up with Tracyn? And Dinua with Jintar? So why is Tracyn handing over Doran’s identity to the Vong at the end of the chapter?

Things nearly got VERYsteamy ‘tween Dinua and Doran \\\
12/15/2017 c18 Force Smuggler
Ha ha lol. That chapter was amazing.
Was expecting Doran to just go back on his own because it would be the Jedi thing to do. But the talk with his Mom and Dinua, Jintar, Tracyn, Hera and the rest coming after him was a pleasant and welcome surprise.
In hindsight, maybe it shouldn't have, but it did.
Good job.
No idea how you are going to get to the end of this arc.
Love the banter and bonding.
Boba Fett? Oh god. This will be fun.
12/10/2017 c17 Force Smuggler
Great chapter. Doran has had enough has he? Had to happen at some point.
But that probably won't last long. He is too much of a Jedi to just leave them all.
Shooting something is what the Mando's are good at.
Forgot how fanatical the Yuuzhan Vong could be.
Loving Dinua and Doran in this.
Good action scenes.
Ready for next week.
10/8/2017 c16 17Boris Yeltsin
Loved it. Medical, hope it wasn't anything serious.
10/7/2017 c16 Force Smuggler
This arc looks promising and will be a roller coaster.
The history re-enactment club. Oh my god. I'm dying.
The history of the Mandalorians is so engaging.
I've got some issues with Rebels but I love the way you are tying them all in.
It's one cohesive universe.
Ven'riduur means crush, I'm assuming? Or whatever their equivalent is?
I've missed their nicknames and banter.
Comparing and contrasting the Jedi and Mando ways of life is so fun.
Is this the arc Tracyn referred to in LOTJ that Doran went Dark or used the Dark Side?
Getting some Trial of the Darksaber vibes when Hera wielded the Darksaber. Sabine's Suite was playing in my head.
I'm so ready for the next chapters of FDL and LOTJ: SB
10/7/2017 c16 1Lord-Sylph
Long time no see! Welcome back, tbh, i’d *almost* forgotten about this series (gasp!) but then I saw the update notification, and despite it being 23:38, I squeeeeeeeeee’d so hard!
9/11/2016 c15 Lord-Sylph
*prepares barbecue grill*
Don't mind me! Just gettin the grill ready!
Gotta love fancy Force Tricks, and based on what you told me a while ago, I don't think Doran shoots Tracyn...
9/10/2016 c15 Force Smuggler
Good lord. What a great arc!

Completely unexpected about Nate. Should have expected something like that but still shocked me.
Goodbye Raxi! See you in the future!

Mando training sounds horrible. I would die early on.
More Doran and Dinua bonding is always nice. Especially with what the other members were saying,

Interesting ways to avoid the Voxyn. Different use of the Force and a collar. Hope the collar doesn't break or there is going to be hell to pay.

Missed Hera and Jintar so much.
What an action packed year for Doran and yet, a long ways to go. Still got more than 6 months to go right? 3 or 4 have passed right?
Not happy about another cliff hanger ending! Especially with your teaser for Arc 4!

I'm so stoked for November.
It's time to jump back to the future I think. We've had the Ultimate series but time to see more of the OT Cast and the next generation of Anakin Solo and company.
Any new hints?
9/4/2016 c14 Lord-Sylph
Gotta love the Force Unleashed references,
Lightning Grenade for the win! I loved that combo!
Glad Doran's back to being his squishy 'ol self! Though being a B3 series droid would definitely be useful at times
8/28/2016 c13 Lord-Sylph
A bit more of a darker/thought provoking chapter, still some action, but it's kinda eclipsed by the whole "Crazy Clones living beyond their years" topic. Which was certainly nice, it was one of those questions that the mainstream series never answered well. I really enjoyed the Republic Commando/Imperial Commando series, wish there had been more than just the one Imperial Commando book though. Can't wait to see how this ends up!

Sylph out!
8/21/2016 c12 Force Smuggler
Well this looks like a fun remaining couple of chapters for this arc.

A scavenger hunt on Kamino? I'm intrigued. Really makes things exciting.

Fascinating backstory on the history of the clones. The Kaminoans are crazy.

Mezhan Kwaad and Nen Yim! Scheming as always. We really need a series following the Vong throughout their history in the old galaxy to the end of the NJO series. Want to do that?

Vong-ified monsters? Oh, come on! Don't we have enough nightmare fuel already?!

So does Doran forget the conversation because of everything else or is this why the Jedi hid Yavin 4 under illusions?

Rathars! TFA monster...
Oh crud, the Vong messed with them. Double crud. Completely forgot about that little detail because of the TFA monster.

Angry and hungry is a bad combo indeed.

Fever wasps, Rathtars, Dianogas, Bears, Lions and Tigers. Good grief. What other horror's are you going to subject us to?

I really like Doran and Tracyn together.

Though Doran and Dinau continue to amuse.

Battle Droids guarding the clones? Irony indeed.
Doran as a Battle droid variant? Ha ha lol. Wonder what chaos this will cause.
Gotta love the different force powers on display.
36 Page 1 .. Last Next »