for Broken Places

3/13 c8 6shewriteswords
Love this.
8/6/2018 c8 Guest
Gets better every time I read it!
2/16/2018 c8 29daisysakura
Be still my beating heart. This was absolutely beautiful! Just when I thought a chapter couldn't get better than the previous, you go and prove me wrong. Thank you so much for that! This chapter was hard to finish because life kept interrupting but I finally did it and couldn't be happier! Sure, it's almost half past four in the morning but it was so worth it. The bromance was great! Thank you, thank you so much for writing this.
2/14/2018 c7 daisysakura
This was beautiful! I cried imagining my poor d'Artagnan dying on the floor while his only remaining family watched. Oh, how they must have hurt not knowing if their youngest would survive. And Aramis! That man suffered so much! This was by far my favorite chapter just because of the h/c so thanks for that.
2/14/2018 c6 daisysakura
Holy brotherhood! This just got so much more freaking awesome! You are amazing!
2/14/2018 c5 daisysakura
I am loving how this story is coming along. Their bond is definitely strong and will only become stronger.
2/14/2018 c4 daisysakura
So much brotherly concern! It made me so giddy as I read how worried they were over d'Artagnan. As for d'Artagnan himself, he really held himself through it all. I'm so happy!
2/14/2018 c3 daisysakura
Holy moly! Poor d'Artagnan getting his butt kicked so terribly. I'm completely enjoying this story so much!
2/14/2018 c2 daisysakura
Their friendship is truly great! I love how they look out for one another. I feel for Athos, though. I hope he gets over his mood and helps d'Artagnan improve his.
2/13/2018 c1 daisysakura
Oh, what fun this was! I've recently started the series and am in love with their relationship. I can't wait to see what happens next!
1/11/2018 c8 30Melira
So, reached the end of the story, review time again.

Slowly but surely I begin feeling stupid always repeating how brilliant your writing is. Maybe I should just settle on a code word and write simply that one the next time around. Would make it a lot easier! And shorter...

I don't know where to start so I'll just list all the things that come to my mind right now. And probably forget about most of them...

1. Headcanon accepted. From now on, in my mind, this will be what happened that made Treville trust d'Artagnan and include him in official and sensitive affairs.

2. Yes, this whole story was hard on all of them, but honestly, I didn't really feel bad for Athos. He simply needed this kind of shock therapy to finally get over his animosities and treat d'Artagnan the way he deserves. I'm sorry if that caused the others pain (am I really? This is h/c after all... Probably not) and almost got d'Artagnan killed, but it was necessary, so...

3. Oh, Luca is great! I already started reading the first few lines of The Details and the prospect of seeing him and his mother again is really nice. Even if it's only shortly.

4. I'm sure there are at least ten other things I wanted to say but right now I can't remember...
So whatever, I absolutely enjoyed reading your story and am rather grateful that I already know you never succeeded in writing h/c without a plot. More chapters to look forward to!
Oh, last but certainly not least: To me, the characterization is key. If anyone acts OOC, I can't really enjoy the fanfic anymore. So thanks for always getting all of them perfectly right!
1/9/2018 c3 Melira
Argh, I hate this. I really should go to sleep but I can't seem to be able to put away my mobile, I'm too intrigued. If I'm a walking dead tomorrow, I'll blame you!

Poor d'Artagnan, quite a beating he took there! And I feel really sorry for him. It's awful not knowing where to belong and in his case believing no one wants you! I'm curious to see what the others make of his appearance and story once he manages to get to and warn them.

Oh, and poor Constance, too. Imagine finding someone dear practically passed out, with cuts and bruises everywhere, covered in blood on the street. Must have been horrifying!
1/9/2018 c2 Melira
Ah, a few other Musketeers. Nice to hear what they think and how much they register. Barely any author bothers to bring some of them into their stories although it would only be natural.

I haven't yet figured out who the main victim of your writing will be in this story. At first it looked like d'Artagnan, then Athos seemed the obvious choice and now Aramis presents us with a severe case of PTSD (I loved how Porthos immediately realised what was happening and dealt with it, by the way - first by 'protecting' his friend from Treville, then by distracting Athos and last by saving him from his own panic). I just hope Porthos stays intact (save his shoulder of course), otherwise this will probably end in chaos.
1/9/2018 c1 Melira
No. No, no, no. This time I'll remember reviewing more often. Or at least I'll try.

First: There's absolutely no reason to apologise for the fact that you need some plot to go with all the hurt. I prefer it that way, by far. What good is all the torture when you barely know what it's all about? So personally, I'm very glad you tend to write longer stories. Plus, I don't have to look for a new author quite so soon. Always the thing I'm most weary of. And you're far too good to be leaving your work behind judt like that. I'll honestly miss it!

Second: Nice first chapter. I like reading from Porthos' POV since he's not the obvious choice, somehow. He has an interesting view on life and a different way of dealing with the others and their problems.

Third: Finally someone thinks about why d'Artagnan is allowed to run with the other three just like that. Thank you! He's a boy from the edge of nowhere who just walked in one day and tried to kill one of them. And even though it's rather obvious why nobody holds that against him, the question remains why Treville says nothing against him participating in everything. Quite the opposite, even. d'Artagnan suddenly helps with delicate situations, without formal training and far from getting a commission.
I'm highly curious what your solution for the matter will be!
10/8/2017 c8 10Lindelas
I really loved Luca and his connection with d'Artagnan. That was so sweet! The part where he tells his mother that he loves them and wants to help d'Artagnan broke my heart. This was a lovely story all around.
113 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »