for Happy Birthday, Dear Fraulein

1/7 c1 reisova
Nice story
5/18/2020 c1 Clare
A fab fic! It's a simple idea, Georg getting Maria a present for her birthday and as a thanks for turning his family around, but I love the building attraction and tension between them. The way you've written it is really smart :)
11/4/2018 c1 10bloomandgrow
This was delightful. It was fluffy and delicious without being saccharine. What a perfect gift he gave her. And I loved the way the children plotted to give her a special birthday.
11/23/2016 c1 9Mrs. Florish
It's so sweet.
3/20/2015 c1 17Consti Grandchester
I love it! so sweet story!
12/13/2014 c1 58gothicbutterfly95
Gorgeous. I don't know how I missed this little gem before.
I love how you didn't include any direct romance, but rather only alluded to their feelings for each other.
11/17/2014 c1 33augiesannie
as you know I was on review hiatus, but I had to go back and tell you how lovely I thought this story was. I'm a sucker for those pre-Laendler stories and you captured the sweet romantic tension so well. Beautiful job!
10/24/2014 c1 Guest
Loved it :) and i loved the fact that the Captain put te necklace on her! Thanks for writing it!
10/25/2014 c1 8Mypie
This was very sweet! The children are just wonderful, giving Maria this lovely birthday party.
The conversation between G&M seemed so natural.
But she did feel uncomfortable going to his office, hope that will change in the future ;)
His gesture of buying her a new cross tells me he already knows what she needs.
I bet he's thinking about the small touch all night. Maybe M is wondering why he didn't give her a birthday kiss. Well not so much M, I was hoping for a small birthday kiss.
10/23/2014 c1 Guest
Great story, very sweet.
10/23/2014 c1 24Mie779
oh this was sweet and fluffy... very nice... love it...
10/23/2014 c1 24charleybec
This was such a nice fluffy story (and yes you can write fluffy very well - in fact you always write very well!)
What I loved: I loved that this story was set pre-Laendler, we haven't had that many stories lately from this period so it was a nice refreshing change.
I loved that the attraction to each other was very subtle, not overstated: the conversation in the car, the slight brush of his fingers on her neck, the longing to run his fingers through her hair. All of this was totally swoon-ilicous!
I loved the Captain's simple gesture of the new necklace as a thank you, nothing more (at this stage...)
I know you wrote this as a one-shot, but I would love to see you continue this - the innocent but growing attraction between M and G leading up to the party - it would be a great story! (just an idea...)
10/22/2014 c1 2som04
Lovely and very sweet. Beautiful Birthday. Thank you for the up date.

:) :)
10/22/2014 c1 34lemacd
What is all this about not being able to write fluff?! this was totally fluffalicious. but in a good way. very good. love the line, the instrument- so clever and subtle but not forced like it was just dropped in.

you wrote the characters to perfection, the way they talk, way they look at each other (i can picture it clearly). it is just such a sweet one shot and as much as i love the other stuff you write, these kinds of stories just help me fall in love with the movie more and more.

well done!