for Redmond Diaries -the first year

10/27/2014 c2 5JennWithAPenn
Do you find yourself having to take a breather as you are writing? Does your family come into the kitchen, alarmed by your shrieks of laughter at your own lines? This story has me so happy and giggly, but because of that it also makes me sad, because I wish I was half so clever as you. Okay, now I am imagining Marilla's face as Charlie Sloane asks her solemnly for permission-ah, she must have wanted to laugh! Loved Anne's reaction to Marilla asking her about him, and especially Anne wondering why she didn't ask her about Gil instead, even though Anne hates to be asked about Gil! I can hardly handle the Sloanishness of Charlie here, esp. on the topic of wedding rings, and I can see now why you were so eager to write him. Josie's bit was a hoot as well. Of course my favorite part was that last line. And NOW I am imagining Gilbert climbing the porch wall... all for a fork! And I am quite enjoying reading Anne's thoughts about Gil. What a fun way to explore the dynamic between them, and Anne's misunderstood feelings. And of course my favorite to read- Gilbert. My favorite part of his entry was also the last line (hah!). And I love that he is up in arms about *that moment* after Miss Lavender's wedding. He's seen that look and he can't unsee it. Well, my dear Gil, fasten your seatbelt. Only four more years to go. Well done again, Katherine. I'm jealous of the fun you must be having while writing this story, but I am also glad it is in such capable hands-I haven't the wit that you have!
10/27/2014 c2 4Bertha Willis
Katherine, Katherine, Katherine. I assume that while you're not writing a-a-amazing fanfics you're a humor writer or comedian, right? Because this is just tickling my funny bone to no end. And it's not just the Charlie Sloane parts (though those are the best - seriously, you write him right out of my imagination) but just the way everything fits together and how differently each part looks to the different participants. And now that I look back, the Gilbert parts make me laugh almost as much as the Charlie Sloane parts - a different laugh, of course, like I'm laughing with Gilbert and laughing at Charlie.
However, I can already tell that you are going to make me cry as the chapters go on - and by you, of course I mean you channeling Gilbert.
10/24/2014 c1 KatherineBrooke
This was very interesting and has the potential to make a very fine story indeed. Looking forward to more "entries."
10/25/2014 c1 Sadlynotred
The first three lines in Anne's entry got me hooked. I was able to ear her voice as vividly as in the original story. Love it already! Thanks for sharing!
10/25/2014 c1 InsubFreak
The Charlie Sloane part is a work of genius. From his food to his 'improvised air' sonnet. You have such imagination and humour.
10/24/2014 c1 7DianaStorm09
You are an angel! I read this gem just before I headed to work, and smiled all day about it. I admire how you continue to find your way into all these diverse characters heads! Anne's diary entry was just so her. I wonder - not for the first time if I may add, if you are a reincarnated LMM! The Charlie Sloane entry had me laugh out, please please please make sure to write more from his perspective! Of course, you nailed Gilbert, loved the parallel between his and Anne's diary entry! Simply loved what you did here and can't wait to read more!
10/24/2014 c1 13Lilies of Avonlea
Oh dear. Already there is conflict in their Journals/Diaries/Idas/ Notebooks. Anne confides to Ida. Where as Gilbert can't dream of confiding his inter most thoughts to a Ida.
10/24/2014 c1 5JennWithAPenn
Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES, YES! Expect a floozy, scattered review because I'm freaking out over here. *pauses to compose self* Okay so first things first, this is the most clever, unique idea ever. What a fun way to sink your teeth into AotI. And oh Katherine, they are all so VERY in character (but that is your forte, as I always say). They each have this unique voice that is all their own and you needn't have even signed off at the end, I could tell right away who was who. Okay so to start with Anne. I envy your ability to make her so utterly Anne. From her debate on what to name it, addressing it with a capital letter, all those comments about her hair, airy castles and cosy dens, and the dozens of other things... this is the essence of Anne poured on a page and I was grinning ear to ear as I read it, and practically jumping up and down (well I would have, if I was at home right now) at the prospect of getting little treats like this each time you post a chapter for the next few months. And I absolutely loved what she wrote about Gilbert. You captured so well the way her brain is so completely flummoxed as to him, esp. with the babbling and the unsteady hand. Favorite line: "should he not conclude that this was NOT the time for talk!"

Anyway moving on, I loved your characterization of Charlie. Ooh, he is so Sloanish and pompous and just from his to-do list, you told so much about him. Domestic sciences, improvised airs, HAH! And Gilbert, oh Gilbert! Everything from his word choice, to his list of "diary" words, and "every penny counts," and it was just all so perfect. Favorite was of course, "Do not, no matter what... etc... put my hand on Anne's." That brings me to the way you intertwined little details from the entries. I loved that. Brown ties and 22-3 and touching hands and of course, IDA! I wanted to clap out loud when Anne settled on that name. Umm okay, I'll try not to make these so long in the future. But it's going to be hard if you don't stop being so damn good at this. Sheesh! Okay, fangirl out.
10/24/2014 c1 18Alinyaalethia
It definitely isn't only you who goes in for Spot the Quote. But goodness, when I said I was looking forward to seeing this polished I meant sometime next week, not today in a quiet hour in Oxford. Km glad though. This is lovely and concise writing that catches character well -you always do- and it just what Maud might be supposed to have done had she tried for first person. I especially like the similarity of Anne and Gilbert thoughts but also their thoughts on his taking her hand.
10/24/2014 c1 4Bertha Willis
I love, love, love this! I wondered how you were going to tackle this, and this never crossed my mind. It is wonderful.
I enjoyed the quotes sprinkled in there, and I may go back and see how many I can catch.
The characterization as shown through the entries was amazing. Each person's personalities/worries/flaws came through so perfectly. I particularly enjoyed Charlie's notations on what he'd eaten. That made me giggle. And of course, the similarities between Anne's and Gilbert's thoughts made me smile.
Can't wait for more!