FanFiction.Net
for a Bit of Both

6/19/2023 c66 20The Grey Coincidence
Hiiiiiiiii. Watched Guardians of the Galaxy 3, got ever so slightly obsessed with the Guardians as a whole, went looking for fanfics and after a month of mostly unsuccessful perusing (there's a few gems on this archive, but as with all fanfiction, you gotta dig for them) and ooooooooooooh boy what a fic this is.

First your writing is pretty stellar. I am genuinely impressed by how you handle the various chapters of this fic- it's less a continuous story novel and more of like reading a TV show if you will- where every chapter is an episode. You are very good at setting up and setting off Checkhov's Guns both in the long-term (Nova Rael and the unshaking hands) and within the story itself (Yondu voice recording). The characters are in-character. The action is explosive, bombastic and hilarious. It's exactly like the Guardians- very chaotic and very fun with some genuinely powerful emotional moments shared between the cast. I loved every episode so far- my personal favourite would probably be a toss-up between the one with Yondu, the last finished one with Nebula, or the memory one. All for varying reasons. I loved all your Christmas specials and I'm glad to see you put one out last year. Definetly gonna have some moments from this fic floating in my mind for a looooong time to come.

I hope this tale can continue- I understand that this was started way back when the first movie came out and Marvel has done a lot of awesome things with the Guardians since then (effectively rendering this Alternate Universe where once it was Canon Compliant)- and if not that's fine I get that, life is tough (although I would reeeeeeeeeeally like to know how this was all supposed to end ngl) but I mean, the whole reason I read Fanfiction is because I want more of the stuff I already like and I like this a lot.

But as an author myself I kiiiinda get the whole real life slump of things. Hope you're doing good in the real world and thanks for writing this. BTW, would probably love to do some fanart of some of the moments in this story (it's just that good) if that's okay with you?
12/25/2022 c66 3Sinikettu
I did consider of wishing a merry Christmas to you but as always you got us first, without further ado; Merry Christmas BunnyRock -You wonderful avatar for the Black Rabbit of Inlé.
4/8/2022 c1 Guest

%%#%#######
1/15/2022 c63 Kalaong
...Be honest. You're James Gunn, aren't you, writing what a GOTG series would be if you could throw those five idiots at whatever the hell crossed your mind.

Because yeah, "Rocket feeding the homeless deep-fried Gremlin" is totally something the little high-functioning sociopath would do.
12/25/2021 c65 1Toxicthecat4836
Don't worry about it too much. Your life, health, family, career, or whatever it is your working on is just as important, if not more important, than writing fanfiction. Take your time! Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year.
12/24/2021 c64 3Sinikettu
It's honestly like a Christmas gift to read your fic, this has been one of my favorite fanfics for a very long time.
9/10/2021 c15 Guest
"Given the emotional stress Rocket has been under over his creepy attachment to Groot, perhaps it would be best no to aggravate him further by-"

THANK you, for the love of God. I swear I'm the only one that finds their relationship to be on the creepy side. Everyone says " I love the friendship of Rocket and Groot."
Really? Because I find it bizarre in a twisted co- dependent way. Not destructive, but not at all healthy either, just kind of... Weird.
I realize it's the character saying it, and the author may not agree, but they have to see something to it, or they wouldn't have a character say it.
12/25/2020 c63 Sinikettu
Omg... Gremlin drumsticks, that's just -so, so delightfully demented.

Which is why I love this fanfic so much. -It's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you get until you open it... or maybe Forrest should just start buying better quality chocolate?
12/24/2020 c62 1Toxicthecat4836
This story is my favorite Christmas tradition!
4/29/2020 c61 3Rusty Thebanite
Ah, I feel so much better now that I've got my dose of glorious chaos. XD
4/27/2020 c61 1Toxicthecat4836
Lol I love this story so much.
3/18/2020 c57 Guest
Hey dude, love your work. But I was wondering if this means A Bit of Both is going to adapt its story so it fits with vol2 and IW and endgame? If I may, I think that would be unfortunate since so much of what you'd written would feel sacrificed. I like seeing interesting plots and headcanons based from what we were given just by vol1.
12/27/2019 c60 EmilliaGryphon962
Yes! Oh this was so good. I always love your work and have followed it since the beginning. I was so excited when I saw the update: it was a bonus xmas present! Everyone is so in character, especially Rocket. The idea of Rocket clones is super compelling! Really great job as always, thank you and I hope you have a good holiday!
12/27/2019 c1 3Sinikettu
I just got to say it, wow -you've been up to this work for damn near 6 years now. How cool is that or is it actually a little bit crazy? you tell me... Not that I'm complaining having read this fic ever since chapter II was posted all those years ago.
12/25/2019 c60 1Toxicthecat4836
Wow...I seriously did not see that one coming.
244 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »