FanFiction.Net
for One Week

5/26/2016 c1 top story
Can't wait for their wedding
5/14/2016 c9 5CocoaCollidoscope
My heart is too full to properly explain to you how wonderful this story is.
7/20/2015 c9 ajhodge
I've read all your stories now, each one just as amazing as the last. Thank you!
6/26/2015 c9 8TinkStar87
Oh why did it have to end?! This was so great and made me miss this series (book/movie) even more. And the passing of Mr. Johnathan Crombie isn't help me with my melancholy mood. Still a great read and i can't wait to read your other stories. Until then, Read ya Later ;)
5/3/2015 c9 9AngelRose7
Superb story! Please, please, PLEASE do write more!
2/2/2015 c9 Amybf19
Love love love this! Thank you for writing their romance in more depth!
2/2/2015 c9 131mattsloved1
This truly is a lovely piece and fits so well with Montgomery's books. Thank you for sharing it with all of us. :-)
2/1/2015 c9 19Alinya Alethia
This was a lovely note to end on. It tied things up just enough to satisfy while leaving room for bends in the road.
1/31/2015 c9 5JennWithAPenn
Here I was, dreading the goodbye chapter and you went and posted this. And as soon as I saw the title my lips curled into a smile :) This was wonderfully written, Bertha, and I loved it. My favorite part was the beginning, with Gil on the ferry, watching the shore coming into view. I love the way you first described him seeing her, and then her seeing him. I was alive with anticipation, Bertha! Loved that letter, too. It was perfect. I'd never thought about it but you're right, she probably never had written him a proper letter before... it was loving but not sentimental and I just loved it. I enjoyed that you went a more fun route with their reunion... what with the snowball fight. It just shows that they are best of friends, not just lovers.

I really love that you began to cultivate Anne's relationship with Mrs. Blythe, as I'm sure you know that intrigues me as well. I enjoyed reading the way the conversations progressed from awkwardness to a friendship. And I think it was very right of Mrs. Blythe (I almost just called her Laura, haha) to feel like she needed to hear from Anne herself that Gilbert wasn't just a second choice. And I can't help but wonder if a similar tone of gossip followed her when she married John, because of Marilla. I'm glad she could ask Anne about it, and liked the natural conclusion that their relationship was much more open and easy afterwards.

Well then, I'm glad to hear you won't be leaving us. Looking forward to those one-shots you've got planned! Thank you for this story, Bertha!
1/30/2015 c9 GoDons
I like happy endings. Thank you for a wonderful story, Bertha. Looking forward to reading more of your work :)
1/30/2015 c9 Astrakelly
Really good, look forward to reading more stories from you
1/30/2015 c9 23katherine-with-a-k
super happy to hear you have more stories crowding your head -i can relate!
now did you break my heart? well yes you did. this was perfect, and so unexpected. thank you for not giving us the goodbye but the reunion. i loved it. loved the way he caught sight of her hair, the way they locked eyes, the way they held onto each other. i especially loved the way anne was so proud of him, and so supportive, you really believed it and it showed great respect as well as great love.
so many lines to love, but among them:
despite all the knowledge crammed in his head he knew without thinking about it...
watched the island -and anne- slip away
the letter now becoming worn with wear
eyes starrier than the frost
i also loved the conversation with mrs blythe and anne. leave it to the gossips to say gilbert was anne's second choice. the line with moody was also very touching.
just gorgeously realised and so satisfying, like the last song on your favourite album, which manages to make the whole thing both coherent and also uplifting and wanting more.
loved it :o)
1/30/2015 c9 2KatherineBrooke
Oh, Bertha! Now this was SATISFYING! I can't think of another word for it, but you've just shown me a scene in Anne's world that not only belongs there, but that was written so perfectly. I'm so glad you decided to not end on a sad note (and yet we got their initial parting scene too - amazing!) but instead took us down a path that explained those first few months apart and their reunion. I love that Anne developed such a nice relationship with Mrs. Blythe in Gilbert's absence. And I love, love, love that she was waiting for him on the platform. I'm giving a nice long sigh of satisfaction right now before I go back and read it again. Lovely ending to a lovely story! I eagerly look forward to your next story. :)
1/30/2015 c9 InsanityProne
Aww...ooh that is so wonderfully sweet! Ooooooh I cannot properly articulate my thoughts at this time as to sufficiently explain my feelings of fangirlishness! Mmm lovely!
1/30/2015 c9 Edkchestnut
Aww, such a great ending. However, I think you should continue this story using the few times that they did see each other during AoWP. Maybe, have Gilbert have some adventures during his courses and write her about them. I love your stories and hope you will definitely keep them up. Great job!
115 « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »