FanFiction.Net
for One Week

10/29/2014 c1 Guest
Oh it gave me such a thrill to read that exquisite chapter! I was dreadfully worried that you might decide not to continue. Now I am once again enraptured by your writing, and I simply cannot wait for your next chapter to begin! You are lovely at telling Anne and Gilbert's stories! Everything that's not mentioned in the books! Oh and I would be so pleased if you would take it upon yourself to maybe write Rainbow Valley and Rilla of Ingleside from Anne's view. I've always wanted to know exactly how Anne thought through those. I hope I'm not asking too much, I would just love for you to do all the "between the lines" for the rest of the books! But do take your time!
Sincerely
TheBookLover
10/28/2014 c1 23katherine-with-a-k
you had me at 'bodies pressed together'.
to think i went mad thinking of euphemisms for all things rude when i was writing their love scenes, but nothing gave me chills like that line. i read like a magpie seeking out the sparkling phrases and this was like a bower bird's nest, just a beautiful, delicately constructed thing.
i love this idea of a prologue, it sets the tone, just like that new moon -of course you would have looked for moon phases, i love the way you give every letter of your story every bit if yourself. it really shows.
thank you for the lovely glimpses into their lives at this point. the way they went to marilla and rachel -who weren't at all surprised, and to the blythes (loved how anne was nervous about meeting them, and how gil never told his parents -and how he loved to watch anne and them all together)
favourite line was probably one of the most overused expressions in the world, but in your hands, bertha ,it is new again -"i love you"
i could see anne's face as she said it, and gilbert's as he heard it, and it made a new memory for me too :o)
10/28/2014 c1 3AngieAnne
Love it and can't wait to read more!
10/28/2014 c1 KatherineBrooke
Very sweet! I loved reading about Anne and Gilbert's first kiss. And about Gilbert's feelings and thoughts. How Gilbert first gave her a small tender kiss but it wasn't enough for Anne. I bet that, if anything, made Gilbert realize how much she loved him. I bet he was also pleasantly surprised. Looking forward to your next chapter!
10/28/2014 c1 Edkchestnut
As always, you have done an exceptional job. Really enjoying it so far. Keep up the good work!
10/27/2014 c1 PelirrojaBiu
Absolutely beautiful! Can't wait for more!
10/27/2014 c1 5JennWithAPenn
"Don't despair?" Bertha, I assure you there is nothing, *nothing* to despair about! Oh goodness, I smiled right through this, and read it slowly and savored every bit of it. The details you gave were just the ones I have always been craving. I feel as if the hole in the story that I've always most wanted filled (well, besides a certain scene that would require an M rating :P) has finally been filled after all. I was really hoping you'd give some insight into THAT kiss. Ah, but you gave us so much more than that. I can't tell you how happy I am to hear of their walk home, and how they told their families, and the way each felt that night... their glee came right off the page and I felt it, too. And I especially loved the way you tied it all together with the gate they had stood by so many times before. Well done and I am very much looking forward to more.
10/27/2014 c1 Guest
I have read this through three times already. So beautiful and amazing. I am overcome with romance and sentiment. Can't wait for the next chapter
10/27/2014 c1 8bookwyrms
Yaaay! :) I was SO excited when I got an email notification for this story, because Learning to Love Again was soooo lovely. Seriously, this made my day, and you're already off to a fantastic start. Your writing is gorgeous, and you do a great job of keeping everyone in character (while giving us more details than L.M. Montgomery does, which makes my little shipper heart happy). I can't wait to see where you go from here. Please update soon!
10/27/2014 c1 Guest