FanFiction.Net
for A Fake Familiar

10/29/2014 c1 Xearthes
Great first chapter, looking forward to updates!
10/29/2014 c1 2D.KnightOfShadows
I think that this story's first chapter was awesome! You've really kept all of the characters true to their canon personalities, from what I've seen so far, and I look forward to what comes next!

About your portrayal of Archer; is this Archer just EMIYA in general, or a specific one, like a Posy-UBW Archer who found peace, or is he an Archer that remembers all of his summonings from the different Routes because of his status as a Counter-Guardian like Nasu implied existed? Why is his Mana so much higher than in canon, is it because Rias has more Prana than Rin? Why doesn't he have his ruby necklace? Is it because he gave it back to Rin?

Sorry for all of the questions, I'm just interested in this version of EMIYA you've written.

As for your question on power levels, Great Red is the strongest, followed by TYPE-Mercury, then Primate Murder, though that last one is close.

Great Red is the equal of the 666 Beast that fatally wounded God, and his power in literally Infinite if he wants it to be. TYPE-Mercury, whom converts everything around it into a foreign world just by existing would probably give him a good fight, but Notes has given us a sense of how strong TYPEs are and it shows that while powerful they're killable, and HS-D&D characters are stupidly broken, so Great Red pulls ahead. Primate Murder is said to be just as powerful as ORT(TYPE-Mercury), but he needs to get his energy from Gaia, which ORT would cut him off from just by existing if PM ever got close enough to fight him, which would put him at a disadvantage. Thus, I would put the order at:
1: Great Red
2: ORT (TYPE-Mercury)
3: Primate Murder

I fully acknowledge that I may be wrong in my ratings here, but I hope that helped.

Looking forward to your next chapter!
10/29/2014 c1 GundamWing-00-Seed
This was a very good starting chapter and I definately want to see how you incorperate Archer's abilities and personality into the DxD story. I wonder though if Issei isn't going to be a part of the story, does that mean you intend to use Rias's pawn pieces to reincarnate Archer into a devil if say the contract is broken and Archer starts fading?
10/29/2014 c1 lifestreams
Nice. Will be a nice change from the usual Issei being the main protagonist. Now it's the ever awesome Archer. The DxD is in for one hell of change.
10/29/2014 c1 Guest
seriously, no issei, aw man. will shiro show up?
10/29/2014 c1 Death-Knight-Uther
One hell of a good start. Crossover fics with Archer are pretty rare as other authors prefer Shirou ore but they not realize how awesome Archer actually is. Please continue this story and hope to see an update soon!
10/29/2014 c1 3Artful Lounger
Not my cup of tea unfortunately, but I will strive to answer your question at the end.

If the fight came between Type Mercury or Primate Murder, Type Mercury would win since Primate Murder's main power is over the death of humans. By contrast, Type Mercury has been described as 'so long as the battle takes place on earth he has no weaknesses' he's completely immune to the rules and powers of the planet meaning that nothing Primate Murder does would really work on him, while Type Mercury has been described as having the absolute highest attack strength of anything on Earth. Outside of Notes anyway, where you have a bunch of Types running around. So Primate Murder would be the weakest of the three.

Between ORT and Great Red, that would depend on exactly how Great Red really functions. He's supposed to embody the power of 'dreams' but 'dreams' are an earthly concept, something that doesn't even exist according to the existence of Type Mercury so there's a really good chance that Great Red's dream powers won't affect him. Also, since Type Mercury does not have Gaia's concepts of 'damage' or 'a mind' or 'death' it will be impossible for something of the earth to harm him or befuddle his mind with illusions or anything. Meanwhile, Type Mercury changes the environment around him into his Crystal Valley just by existing and moving, so he'd change the environment into something that also denies Gaia's concepts and rules which would probably prevent Great Red from doing any number of things.

Given that Great Red embodies 'dreams' he'll probably have some ridiculous way of counteracting or regenerating damage, so it would really be a question of whether or not Great Red could survive Type Mercury's onslaught, since Great Red probably doesn't have anything that could really hurt the Type.

So third place: Primate Murder second place: Great Red, First place goes to Type Mercury the Ultimate One.
10/29/2014 c1 mr.armstrong
Really hope there won't be any grail war here. It's an overused plot that is boring as hell. Would love to see Archer be the only FSN character here.
10/29/2014 c1 Kaioo
Primate Murder.
10/29/2014 c1 13fg7dragon
Interesting first chapter. And you're right, most FSN / DXD stories are based around Shirou ending up in the DXD world and either reincarnated into a devil by someone or being originally from there and being either half-fallen or half-devil.
10/29/2014 c1 iZuikaku
Will there be a fight for the Holy Grail in your fanfic? or you'll stick in following Highschool DxD story with Archer as Protagonist?
10/29/2014 c1 WildHeartEcho
An awesome story. Your writing style is quite similar to Gabriel's Blessing, by which I mean it is very awesome. Do hope there won't be any grail wars and any other servants here. For once want to see a clean DxD universe with Archer in it and display more of his awesomeness!
10/29/2014 c1 Morli
Awesome! I have been waiting for a story like this for ever. The opening is rather similar with "Hill of Sword" by Gabriel Blessing, but your writing make it flows naturally into dxd story and not like it's forced. It's a good opening.

Now from what I read there won't be a Grail War in this story? Such a shame... Though writing Rias as a master and combining FS/N and DXD universe will be a difficult task that I'm not sure you can do it. But even so, can you bring another servant into this story? With how easily Rias procure a summoning instruction scroll, I thought it won't be a stretch if similar copy exist in another place as well. And it will be good idea to give Archer a rival who have equal power as him and to drive him to the edge of his ability. Another servant and master as enemy... and maybe that master can boost that servant stat with boosted gear too.
10/29/2014 c1 2GaeDearg
Mostly an info-dump character, but good none the less. Looking forward to where you take this.
10/29/2014 c1 Inverness
I was interested in this until I read your note. Issei is one of the most entertaining things about DxD. I've had quite enough of stories that overshadow him, marginalize him, or replace him with some other SI, OC, or crossover character. I also feel like these people only watched the anime and didn't read the light novels.

You're also not the first author that's implied that I'm supposed to care about Boosted Gear appearing at all when Issei won't. It's disappointing that there are actually people in the fandom that are receptive to that. The Boosted Gear isn't nearly as important as Issei, in my opinion.
695 « Prev Page 1 .. 33 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 .. Last Next »