for Singing in the Silence

6/1/2019 c1 GunsAndMagic
5/25/2019 c1 aservisroturier
Snake is a tragedy in the making and I dread the day the other shoe drops and he learns what bacame of his friends. I think, given the laws of writing satisfying fiction it's going to happen one day. I can only hope that Yana has mercy on her rather pathetic creation (s) and allows Snake (and his scaly friends) to fully transfer their loyalty to the Phantomhive household. Perhaps then Snakes feelings about his friends will change from love with qualifications, given their wholly wrong if misguided actions. May be then he might survive the day of reckoning when he learns Smile was their end.

In the meantime stories like this which give Snake good experiences are very welcome to me. This was a good one and I enjoyed it very much.
9/21/2017 c1 TheChiaroscuro
I LOVE THIS STORY SO MUCH THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Oh my gosh where to begin? I'm a terrible reviewer so I will do my best.
I love all of the little details you put in- Snake trying to adjust to life in the household. ***ADDRESSING CIEL'S PTSD***! gOSH THAT's important to me. My poor awful son who deserved better. All of Mey Rin's interesting little side thoughts. OF COURSE she would know what kind of gun was fired just by hearing the shot, of course.

Or Finny learning not to destroy everything he comes into contact with.

ughhhhh. They're such a dear protective little family and I love them so. Thank you again so much for writing this. It made my evening 3 3 3
12/12/2016 c1 44CulinaryChef
Kudos. This is the most beautiful fanfiction – and piece of literature in general – that I have read in a long time. You have a tremendous grasp on the characters and write their incredibly varied dialogue patterns really well, especially the part where Finny tells Bard that Mey-Rin should tell the story because she was the first one to sing for Ciel. The songs you chose the characters to sing fit their personalities perfectly. Rereading this story, I realized that I knew Finny's song from the children I babysit, and I listened to Mey-Rin's song. It's very fitting for her. Nice choices. I'm American so I can totally picture Bard singing the entirety of the songs you chose for him. I like how you wrote that Ciel enjoys the variety in Bard's songs so he lets Bard sing the song all the way through. I also adore how Finny switches the verses in his own song to make the lyrics about sweets. This is so touching. Your story makes me smile so much. I printed this story out and taped it to my wall right by my bedside so that I can always look at it. Thank you for your work.
10/13/2016 c1 Guest
I'm so happy and pleased that I happened to stumble across this piece of art. It's so sweet your writing style flows very well. It really did give me a few moments of peace, as if the servants' singing were calming me down as well. Thank you for that and thank you for writing this pleasant little story. I will surely re-read this again whenever I feel stressed. :)
2/21/2016 c1 19Jonescalypso
I like this a lot. Very interesting and well written. Great work!
10/23/2015 c1 Guest
*giggles*
Neat!
8/27/2015 c1 Orange Cheetah
My review might not be as good as others but I'll try. First of all, I love how the characters are all in character, and all of them have their own screen time. Also the songs you chose for each of them are also wonderfully thought out, including the reasons behind the songs.

Using Snake as the main character really gives it a kind of mysterious feel as he is also new in the household and is therefore as clueless as the readers are.

The part where the servants discovered Ciel's condition and their solution was also well written, together with how servants are supposed to act around their master.

The grammar and the plot are superb, and they blend perfectly to make a fantastic read. I enjoyed it a lot, so thanks for writing this story~!
8/2/2015 c1 Shadow Lily Potter
I've always loved the Phantomhive servants (I think Meyrin's my favorite…probably because we both harbor a strong crush on Sebastian and are super accident prone) so I really liked getting an insight into their jobs (I especially enjoyed seeing them take care of their young master; it's so cute! Painful, tragic, but cute)
I liked the way this was written too! The grammar and spacings are good, so it's easy to read without getting a headache (unlike many other stories with good plots, but are sadly unreadable). Snake's POV was something different and good; he's not on the inside, so he's basically as clueless as the reader (kind of like Watson in Sherlock Holmes).
The only thing I disliked was the lack of action/drama because, since Ciel has PTSD, I would expect it to also be present in the vicinity of other people, not just the servants. It would make it interesting to put Ciel in a situation where he reacts in public (simply because it is not realistic to assume such situations only exist within the manor). Such a situation was addressed, but not put into play.
All in all, awesome story!
5/27/2015 c1 Soixante-Douze
I truly did love this fanfic you kept everyone one in character and it seemed like you carefully planned the songs so thank you for uploading this wonderful story on fanfiction in the Kuroshitsuji fandom.
5/25/2015 c1 46Azaisya
I genuinely adore this story. The portrayal of the servants and of Ciel is absolutely perfect. All of the little nuances and quirks they have are written and it is perfectly believable and easy to see what's happening.
5/21/2015 c1 6rothfyae
Nice story and very well written - good job!
4/25/2015 c1 NV Ciel
Ciel is one of my favorite characters in all manga. This tale is all about Ciel without him being the main character. I adore the Phantomhive servants, but everything is a facade in the Phantomhive Manor. The head butler is really a demon, the maid, cook and gardener are actually bodyguards for a severely damaged child clothed in the raiment of a powerful Earl who has the ear of the Queen. You take your readers behind those facades through the eyes of Snake. These servants may attempt to maintain the manor but their real purpose is to protect the lord of the house in any way necessary. They know Ciel is damaged, they may not know the details but they recognize his need to be protected. I love how you peel the story away, creating an air of mystery that is the hallmark of Kuroshitsuji. To me, you show what a seamless team these servants are. They are in tune with each other and their young master. Reminds me of a Downton Abbey a la manga!

My favorite part is your writing style, it has a whimsical flare like the nursery rhymes the servants sing. Perfect for a light one shot. I love the respect you give your readers. You never explain why Snake should not sing "London Bridges falling down" or "Tom, Tom the Piper's son". I would call that fan service! Although, I am not sure the time line works, Ciel's encounter on London Bridge has not occured at this point in the story (if you want to include the anime in your work), but it definitely earns a chuckle!
4/22/2015 c1 8Icarus Isambard
I love to see someone tackle "literary" fanfic, and you've done just that. What lovely character building! The servants and the strange personal dynamics within the Phantomhive household are my favorite part Kuro :)
4/21/2015 c1 2AciddDare1314
This is great! The characters are spot on, the story flows easily from one point of view to the next, and it's the perfect length for a stand alone story, ( or first chapter *wink* ) all in all thoroughly enjoyable! I can't wait to see what else your do for this fandom!
22 Page 1 2 Next »