for How I Rule The World

12/12/2021 c30 1Haldir639
Excellent story, loved it. I was expecting a few more gambits towards the end a la Max leaving orders in advance or having the nukes moved in secret to another location, but that might have been a bit much.
5/28/2016 c30 10Foreseer44
That was a total downer ending, but I love how the whole thing come to a close. In a way, nobody won, but nobody truly lost. It's a weird case, and it just works.

Max sacrificing himself was something I had in mind since Act 1, and I assumed Scarlett would die along with Al, but I'm shocked that Dave survived the ordeal. I love your Dave in the story, so I' about that.

But Noah... damn, that got to me. I always hate when my favorite characters suffer for no reason, and the fact that he wants to die Is just killing me to think about.

I've enjoyed the story. I don't think it's your best work, because FDTD is still my pick, but the fact that you've taken such a big idea and created such a massive piece of art from it is amazing. The characters were all developed and all the loose ends were tied up perfectly. The world you built was great. The mortality was the best part though. It's so grey and so vague as to what is wrong and right, and that's what I will call the theme of the story at the end of the day.

I honestly feel like you could rewrite this story with original characters instead of TD ones and publish this as a book. It's such a unique idea, a blend of pure darkness and despair and just enough OTT ridiculous stuff to lend itself a satirical label.

I look forward to your next work, whatever that may be.

Thanks for the ride.
5/25/2016 c1 5John Spangler
This is probably the most bizarre TDI fanfiction I've ever seen. I mean, a moron like Max as world dictator is absurd, to say the least. But you know what? Your idea worked! I don't know how, but you've managed to create a great story that it's both funny and dramatic. Really, really good. Thanks for having written it, and good luck for all of your next projects.
5/20/2016 c30 Guest
That's so sad! all the good writers are leaving ;-;
5/19/2016 c30 IT'S NOT OVER
IS IT?

IS IT?

Aw what am I saying of course it's over. It's the last fucking chapter lol. Silly me. Just wanna say before I dive right in is thanks for the subtle shoutout, my man! This story wouldn't have been the same without our skype talks about it :)

ANYWAYSSSSSSSSS

FUCK DUDE

JUST

WHERE THE FUCK DO I BEGIN?

SCARLETT. LET'S START WITH SCARLETT. YES YES VERY GOOD IDEA SCARLETT IT IS

Her scene with Max? Let me tell you, that is hands DOWN THE BEST SCENE THIS STORY HAD. Her monologue, her getting some nice revenge with Max...I felt the insanity. I felt the relief she had felt, if that makes sense. What I loved most, though? That one glimpse of realization that she was going to die, the fear in her voice when she looked up and saw the ONE person who could save her...

Was Max. She was afraid. And rightfully so, after causing him so much pain, torture, distraught...that line he said before cutting her off and letting her fall to her death was so fucking fulfilling. Like, there's no other words I can use. "So long, sidekick."

DAVE V SKY THOUGH THAT SHIT WAS HYPEEEEEEEEEEE

I always, ALWAYS wanted them to meet up again, and when you revealed that they were part of the 5 way battle, I practically NEEDED a scene between them. I just didn't know what I wanted (maybe a little convo) was 100% NOT what I needed. Yes my man, you totally blew my expectations out of the water with that one. "All three of you, here! Just for me!" Was an amazing line, it felt so crazy, so Dave. Their talk before Sky broke the fucking button piece of shit that Dave was using was amazing. I thought it was over. The bombs were set off...I thought, considering you, you'd maybe brain fuck us and actually have the bombs kill everyone. I was nigh-panicking. Luckily enough though, that didn't happen.

Something almost as bad did, though.

Yes, I understand, Max was the one who started this shit fest. He was the genocidal freak, he was the 'KING', he was 'EVIL'. But, by the time the story came to a close, I truly feel like he redeemed himself. So, to see the scene between him and Alejandro (also dude can I just say how much of a fucking TANK Alejandro was to beast all those injuries, make it to the bombs before everyone else and then still manage to somewhat deal with Max is?) and see Max make the ultimate sacrifice was...well, amazing honestly. He did it. He saved the world. He saved the world he had ruined, sure, but he saved it nonetheless.

"Don't try to tell the story like I'm some sort of hero." That was one of the best lines the story had. Take Max from chapter 1 to now and compare the two, and you can tell easily, he's grown. He had become a man who tried to right his wrongs, and in the end, he managed that I think. Too bad he had to die to succeed in that...ah well, I hope he and Moreau are sippin' a beer or two, up there in wherever the fuck they go after they die afterlife, consolidating as two men who gave their lives for the greater good.

Then the story becomes the epilogue. What an amazing epilogue too. Sky stayed true to herself even after all that and said 'Do they even deserve funerals?' when someone brought it up, I kinda snickered but I really disagree with her. Of course Moreau and Max deserve funerals D: Shawn especially, though. Good guy through and through, despite trying to stay out of it until shit got real serious.

That Noah scene got me really sad. A man who did everything to help the world, just to get fucked over by Heather and now he can't fucking walk. Sigh, must be brutal for him. I believe that he's going to manage and still have a good life in the end, though. :')

And finally, the greatest reveal of them all...

EVIL ONE. WAS. THE. FUCKING. AUTHOR.

I LOVED THAT I LOVED THAT I LOVED THAT

I seriously can't even put it into words how much I loved that part, man. That was honestly the best possible realization I could have had in the story. The best thing in the story. The best thing EVER. Not the best /scene/, but the best...thing? It's hard to explain because I'm not wordy af :L

Other widdle notes:

Fight was badass as hell at the start! Alejandro was star of that show for me, considering he dealt with so many injuries and just kept going. Kudos to him, even if he became utterly pathetic in the end. 'WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE ANYWAYS, MAX. SO WHY DON'T I JUST KILL YOU?' Not word for word but you get the deal xD His final words were pretty tragic, too. If only he had gotten a more competent partner other than Heather, maybe he'd have succeeded.

The Sky and Dave scene at the end was tragic. Dave was never a terrible person, he just forced himself to become one after all the terrible shit happened. In my canon, he kills himself first chance he gets (haha, just like yours :D)

Sky and Evil One get together and have a good life in my canon, despite it not happening until a few years after the events happen. They both deserve a good ending, in my opinion.

Noah gets some f00kin' robo legs like Mercury and kicks the shit out of people in kickboxing.

All in all, an amazing story and I'm sad to see it end. It sucks that you're gonna stop writing FF (tbh...) because you deserve the chance of having everyone in the entire world read your stuff, but hey, who the fuck cares I'M GONNA STILL READ YOUR OG STUFF WOOOOOOO

Heh heh, anyways, I just also wanted to say that this fic really has inspired me to make a story that's just as crazy, just as big, just as amazing really. You're one of my inspirations, man, and I thank you for that :D

Man, it's sad to see this end. Never have I felt this way for a story, and hell, I probably won't feel like this again until (you finish your new OG story) GoT ends, so I'm just going to never send this review in because then I technically still have a reason to click the link and come back. HAHAHAHA

Jkjk, I guess I'll force myself to send this in XD Congrats on an amazing story, your best work on this site by FAR, and I'm excited to see what the future holds (or some shit gotta end this thing with something cool lol). :)

wit lov,

-George, ya best reviewer EVER.

(Not like it's been confirmed I'm the best reviewer ever, but like I'd like to say I'm pretty damn close.)
5/18/2016 c30 PKRS
whOALY SHIT THE BARRIER MMM THAT'S SOME GOOD SHIT RIGHT THERE IF I DO SAYS O MYSELF this was one hell of a ride and i enjoyed every second of it and ALL THE FANART (all of it) (all 3 pieces of it) (yes)

that was a really dramatic ending and the Standards have been Raised boi if you try do any more huge epic stories this is the standard I'm holding you to (lmao jk)

good show! you did an excellent job with this story! :D

but also

"if there's a character you wish survived"

MIC
5/8/2016 c18 Guest
"The E.M.P. should have enough range to wipe out every drone coded to Max's frequency within the entirety of Manhattan," Scarlett replied smugly. "In order to make sure all of them are eliminated we need to head inward another block. Just to be sure."

"You mean an emp?" Sky asked in confusion.

"No, it's E.M...never mind," Scarlett sighed.

(RVB IM SCREAMINGG AHHH)

~Ben
4/30/2016 c29 10Foreseer44
I really don't have much to say. There's not much plot left with all the winding down action, but that action is awesome. I'm fully prepared for mass death in the finale, but until then, good luck with finishing this story out with a bang, nuclear or not.
4/29/2016 c29 PKRS
if we have a 5x showdown combo what the fuck are we going to have to do in terms of music

eVIL ONE... MY CHILD... IM PROUD

(my reviews are very coherent and informative yes yes)
4/29/2016 c29 Guest
Two good guys against three bad guys is no joke. Even outnumbered, I hope Sky and Max win in the end. Please! The Earth can't be destroyed.
4/29/2016 c29 HOLY
FUCKING SHIT MAN THIS WAS BY FAR MY FAVORITE CHAPTER OMGOMGOMGOMG

THE FIVE WAY FUCKING SHOWDOWN I WANTED ONE AND NOW IT'S LITERALLY CANON YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON EVIL ONE AND JASMINE FUCKING /DESTROYING/ HEATHER LIKE THANK FUCKING GOSH THAT IRRITATING NOISE IS FINALLY SUBDUED. Her living is worse than her dying, and I /savor/ that.

Noah though...he's spent. Absolutely done with all the fucking shit he's been through. Still, hope he manages to make it through this...

JASMINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. SHAWN WOULDN'T WANT YA TO BE UPSET, GIRL D: I hope she manages to kick on and own bitches.

All in all, I've never been more excited for the next chapter. 5 way battle?

Count.

Me.

In.

-wit lov,

SUPER HYPED READER
4/9/2016 c28 Foreseer44
And another side character bites the dust with Shawn. I won't miss him because he was more of a grunt sidekick than a real main character, but I can only imagine how Jasmine is going to feel about this. Won't be pretty, that's for sure.

The AI becoming self-aware and saving the day is a little iffy for me. It's a little too forced at the wrong time and the jokes didn't really work for me.

Heather is a good villain. She's the perfect dose of OTT and unlikable to be entertaining and I can't wait to see her get her dues. I'm sure Noah's fine though. Most of your deaths happen as they happen and don't get long, dramatic eulogies over chapters. I sure hope he's alive though.

The action scenes were well written. Each movement was vivid and flowing with the dialogue and it all played out very well in my head. No awkward pauses, no rushed moves, no big issues really.

Overall, a decent chapter that really sets up the final battle on Pahkitew Island. With all parties converging there, I assume we'll see a lot of deaths and the downfall of one or both sides of this conflict. I can't wait. :)
4/8/2016 c28 PKRS
so you're telling me this entire fucking chapter is one giant rvb reference? good chapter nonetheless, yay MIC is back! and angst! we could always use more angst.
4/8/2016 c28 I CAN'T
I JUST

SHAWN SHAWN SHAWN SHAWN YOU WERE MY FAVORITE I LITERALLY HAD YOU AT THE FUCKING /BOTTOM/ OF MY DAMN LIST OF PEOPLE WHO HAD A HIGH CHANCE OF DYING

SHAAAAAAAAAAAWN

AND DON'T GET ME FUCKING STARTED WITH NOAH FOR FUCKS SAKE HE'S AS GOOD AS DEAD TOO ISN'T HE?

GAAAAAAAH

(I've gained respect for Heather as a character, btw. This chapter made her a desperate badass, which is still badass.)

FUCK THOUGH ALEJANDRO LITERALLY PROVED WHY HE IS MY FAVORITE VILLAIN IN THE STORY BUT YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO KILL OFF MY FAVORITE A-FUCKING-GAIN

Man...alright, so this was pretty much Alejandro losing the war in legit terms but, in my eyes, becoming a lot more dangerous. Reckon he'd be able to take on Scarlett and Dave in a fistfight if it came down to that considering they're both going to the bombs. Question is, who gets there first?

I have one of those 'Max is gonna kill himself when this is all over' kinda vibes. Ngl, would rather it be Shawn saying 'I have a plan' right about now... XC

Moreau, Izzy, Shawn. If Evil One joins that list I don't know what I'll do...

Oh yeah, I know what I'll do.

Keep.

Fuckin'.

READING.

This shit is gold, my man! Best thing I've read in a long time, and you deserve major props for conjuring this all up inside that big ol' brain of yours. I'm telling you, if you change a few parts here and there and make it not fanfiction anymore, you're selling copies. Loads. XD

Anyways, can't wait for the next chapter dude! As much as I fucking hate your guts right now, I've never loved you more. :')

wit lov,

DISTRESSED READER
4/3/2016 c27 Foreseer44
And another main character bites it! I didn't really know much about Marcus and never really gave much attention to him as a character compared to the others, so I can't say I'll miss him.

Max turning the troops to his side felt a bit rushed and deus ex machina-y, but you did say they were weak, so weakmindedness could easily apply. XD

With only three chapters left, I assume we'll get one more episode of buildup, one climatic final battle, and an epilogue. So. Hyped.
157 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »