FanFiction.Net
for Dangling Threads

12/29/2017 c34 Casperace13
I just discovered your story a few days ago, and have found very intriguing. I really like it, and can't wait for more.
12/20/2017 c34 Guest
I'm loving this story, the characters are well written, believable, and really endearing, especially the royal sisters. :)

The Wessleton assasins keep taking me by surprise, then again I suspect thats what makes them good assasins. :D

The pacing is really nice in the story, the scenes never seem too tacked on or out of place, but sometimes the scene jumps are a little jaring. For example, I'll have just been reading about Anna and Elsa doing something nice, then i'll be reading about the Duke of Wessleton raging against elsa's existance.

If anything, thats possibly the only downside. The rest of the story is lovely and I cant wait to read more.
12/19/2017 c34 5Orion Matrix

2/12/2017 c33 burbobah
Such a beautiful story you have here. What a pity you've stopped writing it. Oh, well. We'll just wait and hope. :) Thank you for your efforts.
7/30/2016 c33 3PascalDragon
Indeed. Language, Elsa. Her using a strong word is a rather important implication if used wisely - as here. ;)
Well, I wonder how they're going to resolve this, if at all...
7/26/2016 c33 2mikejacobs9999
d'oh. I goofed, it should be "heir presumptive" not "heir apparent". Thanks NrDg.
7/25/2016 c33 NrDg
Good chapter and story telling. Still setups and is holding my interest.

I'm really surprised Elsa' council didn't talk her out of falling in this tar pit of obligation with no real long-term practical advantages to Arendelle. Looking short term, I guess, but it looks the the expected voice of reason, Lady Kleveland, didn't get to make all her points before Elsa cut the meeting short. Elsa's reactions to the marriage part of the contract was funny.

Good way for Liknes to effectively anex Arendelle and get control of Elsa, if Elsa falls for this. Henrik becomes King, by jure uxoris, of the combined country with Elsa as co-ruler queen, Elsa joins the royal family of Liknes by marriage and any heir they produce, who will be a member of the royal family of Liknes would normally end up sole ruler. Existing Arendelle becomes just one of many noble holdings of Liknes. Elsa, the extremely powerful sorceress, comes under the control of Henrik which make Liknes an extremely powerful kingdom. Elsa's desire to help looks like it will exact an extreme price.

Elsa should say no to the strings and offer to just help and maybe find out what is really causing the problems in Liknes. This, we'd like your help but you will have to pay a costly price before we permit that, is an interesting negotiation starting position. They should be caring most about their short term immediate problems before thinking long-term. Make it look like fixing the short term problem is not the real goal.

I note you made a point in stating that Anna is heir apparent. Funny succession laws in Arendelle that put siblings before issue for inheritance. I wonder how that fact will effect the negotiations when Henrik discovers his child by Elsa will be behind Anna in line to the combined throne. Interesting, I wonder where you are going with that. Anna may need to watch her back. Maybe Elsa too if Henrik remains king if Elsa dies.
7/24/2016 c33 Alivan64
Great chapter.
The treaty is not final, right? Can't Elsa just change the treaty and say she doesn't want to get married?
7/24/2016 c33 Inkfinger2000
Whoa! Elsa could be sailing into dangerous waters here...!

If her powers react automatically to perceived threats, as per earlier chapters, then how will they react to the, "intrusion" upon her person that marriage would involve? Particularly an arranged marriage where the "love will thaw" rule presumably wouldn't apply?

Could be a disaster on both a political and personal level for Elsa if things did go wrong and no doubt her detractors would have a field day spreading bad press ...

Lady Kleveland is right to be concerned methinks!
7/17/2016 c32 JDPstudios
Wow very interesting chapter! I'm looking forward to more of this story simply because it is more of the daily lives of Elsa, Anna, and kristoff. Even with the assassins it's not overly dramatic.
7/10/2016 c32 3PascalDragon
That certainly explains quite a bit regarding Liknes. Though I have the feeling that the drought isn't natural...
7/6/2016 c32 Xascul
TOTALLY CALLED IT! There were several gramattical errors i read, but other than that, this is a very interesting twist I have never seen any Frozen fanfic do yet. On the surface, the deal is not bad, Arendelle and Elsa get expanded territory and influence and Prince Henrik can save his kingdom. Obviously there is the moral and logistical question of Elsa using her magic to do such a thing and two, there's more to the story than meets the eye I believe.
7/4/2016 c32 NrDg
You have a theme going here with both Kristoff and Elsa being offered something that sounds a bit too good to be true on the surface. The words "it's a trap" (per Admiral Ackbar) are going through my mind. Along with the strange weirdly timed assassination attempt and the criteria that Elsa must agree to terms that create a millstone around her neck with the pretty onerous obligation to be a protector with no real benefit to her or Arendelle long-term. I hope her council (Lady Kleveland at least) will have clearer minds than Elsa's seemingly motivated by compassion. Your dropping in that the prince is a very good chess player looks like an omen. I wonder what Elsa's counter move will end up being.

They don't even know if what they want can work. Do they really care? Does Elsa's snow melt to water or does it disappear completely when it goes away? At the very least they should do some experiments before agreeing to anything. It looks the the real goal is to save their country by becoming a ward of Arendelle and Elsa's possible short term (her lifetime) ability to help is just a lure that doesn't really solve the long term issue. Something else is going on to create this situation - I suspect Weselton somehow.

Also if Elsa can do this pretty massive intervention in local climate for the benefit of one country what else can she do at that level and how will that be received by everyone else?

Anyway this is all fascinating and I am enjoying this new development in the story. I'm really curious what is really going on here.
6/18/2016 c31 PascalDragon
So the ice palace is finished so far and we even got a venture into thermodynamics. Splendid! :)
Though there had to be an ambush of course... I wonder whether Elsa staying behind would have made any difference... probably not for the assassins, but maybe for the other guards. :/
Freezing their kingdom? Now that's an interesting request and I bet that Elsa will be very conflicted about that.
6/15/2016 c18 3IceWraith