for A Croft Christmas

6/2/2020 c3 1Hithilion
Wonderful. Thanks.
7/25/2018 c3 1Demented Noodles
Thank you for your wishes and I hope you are doing well. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'll say it again, just give Lara her Sam-one special in another one of your masterpieces... Can I commission that from you or something? It doesn't matter what the premise is, it just has to be a long story with your unbelievably good writing with those two ending up together (not dead though). It's like a dream of mine to finally get that from you and I'll be glad to help/persuade you any way I can. *begs*
7/25/2018 c2 Demented Noodles
Your writing is so freaking good at eliciting emotions from your readers, it's scary! And it's why I hate that you do stories with heartache as the main emotion. I wish you did Lara/Sam stuff that didn't end badly one way or another... God, I hate that so much but I love your writing too...
7/25/2018 c1 Demented Noodles
This Lara is tots adorable! Get a clue, Sam... even though she is adorable too... but sometimes it feels like she's deliberately torturing Lara.
12/20/2014 c3 Guest
Oh, and to add to "Not a Fan", I'd recommend you read the magnificent literary masterpiece "Ten Thousand Immortals" by Dan Abnett - I get the feeling you'll enjoy that very much ;)
12/20/2014 c3 Guest
To "Not a Fan", if you hate Reboot!Lara why do you therefore subject yourself to reading Reboot!Fanfics? You sound like one of those infamous IMDB trolls.

Oh, and the "writing could be far better"? This from someone who posts "attempting to creat here"? Yet you have the audacity to claim you're not "flaming"? Seems to me that's precisely what you're doing.

Despite your claim, the author of these fics is tremendously gifted, so tell you what - you post your own version of your personal Lara Croft fanfic and we'll all sit back and judge your writing skills, ok?

Dr. Phil would have a field day.
12/19/2014 c1 not a fan
Get a clue about Lara and write her as canon. Seriously, I am not flaming your story, it just reads like a personal fantasy. It dose not feel like Lara. I am sure you will have little fans say things in your favor, but in reality, this stinks. I feel like I am reading a story about someone other than LC . The only resemblance is the name "Lara" the whole story is misplaced. I hate the new Lara from the new game. She is as far away from the older character as it gets. Her voice, most of her background. Nothing rings of Lara Croft. Sam is a whiney, irritating nitwit and giant pain in the arse! To even place the old with this sad imatation of LC is an insult to the very character you are feebly attempting to creat here. Horrible dribble. That is what this is, and the writing could be far better, too.
12/17/2014 c3 6viento
Soooooooo saaaaaad! T-T poor Lara, this make me feel bad for her but it was good anyway. Hope you can write another fic soon but if not Merry Xmas!
12/15/2014 c3 10HeidiW
Melancholy is right! Anyone who reads this without experiencing a firm tugging at one's heartstrings is a robot...or maybe a Dalek. But I digress.

The scene of Lara talking to her parents' empty graves just hits with a wallop...not just because of the underlying sense of loss, but also when she blurts out her feelings for Sam, and thus reminds herself of her own isolation at a moment of incredible vulnerability; masterful use of a break right there, as I get the feeling Lara burst into tears shortly thereafter. And don't even get me started on the scene of her sneaking into her father's library to retrieve his notebook, omg...

But of course, it's not all darkness - witness the beautiful scene when Lara discovers Sam's Xmas bundle. Sam still found a way to get to Lara, in spirit if not in body, but it demonstrates just how powerful their bond is, even at this early stage. And the dropping of Lara's knife on the china after Winston's suggestion of female companionship was absolutely hilarious. The old coot managed to surprise Lady Croft!

I so love these "moment-in-the-life" vignettes of yours - might there be another masterpiece in the offing for Valentines'? ;)

ハッピークリスマス :)
12/15/2014 c3 Guest
How I wish I could see Lara's face when she scolded Winston and then got shocked with his questions! You fill these characters with so many details and backstory, it is always a joy to read about them. I don't think Sam's holiday in Japan could be anything boring if it is you writing it.
And this Lara here, she is, in one word, adorable.
Thank you so much for sharing this with us.
12/15/2014 c3 Guest
i'm really loving this fic :) great job man

I kind hope we'll see an update before the year but if that is not the case happy holidays to you too!
12/15/2014 c3 Trigger Fingers
Funny, sweet, and heartwarming with a side of angst - a perfect serving of a Christmas ficlet :)
Thank you for gifting us with a festive 3-parter!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too, Pfangirl. I hope you'll have Sam-one by your side as well!
12/15/2014 c3 Priceless2
I like it! A wonderful ficlet to accent the holiday season. A happy coming Merry Christmas to you too, mighty author! :)
12/14/2014 c3 Sevatarion
Merry christmas and a happy new year to you. I look forward to more of your amazing fiction in the coming year(s).
12/8/2014 c2 7lazarus wolf
What can be said other than 'thank you again for sharing this gift of yours'.
Happy Xmass!
P.S.
To whoever it may concern...
It is better to keep quiet, and be thought a fool, than it is to speak... and remove all doubt.
(a lesson I too often failed)
25 Page 1 2 Next »