for It's not But it could have been

1/6/2015 c1 1millie.zhang
OMG!

What a wonderful surprise!

And perfect story as always!

Am I among the girls u refer to? Hahaha...
12/9/2014 c1 Guest
What a terrific story! So much emotion and you have penned it beautifully. I sense there is still a lot of misunderstanding between them still re. the voicemail message? Seems as if Will is surprised by a few of Mackenzie's drunken revelations. And perhaps Mac has blown the Nina/Will dating thing way out of proportion! I get the feeling Will is surprised by several of Mac's accusations. I bet Will hasn't realised until now the extent with how far he has toyed with her emotions? Ah the beauty of being drunk! I think Mac will need to work off her roaring hangover and Will definitely needs to do some thinking! I hope you consider a sequel! Terrific work!
12/8/2014 c1 Sarah
I thought it was a great story - even if I am partial to happy endings
12/8/2014 c1 28Sueg5123
Well. Thank god for lilac badgering.
Seriously, you planned to withhold this simply because Sorkin turned left when you turned right? For shame.
But to be real, this was great for a fan of the show, not sf at all but very appreciated as an alternative take. Would love to read the rest of it, but be forewarned that I hope for the SATISFACTION of a happy ending. (It's okay to make me work to get there.)
12/8/2014 c1 37iworkwithpens
This was just painfully wonderful. Mac's drunken openness, her use of the past tense when referring to her hope that Will would be the one caring for her. Oh, just so good.

As you well know, I adore angst, and I too, am feeling sort of adrift in the post-engagement Newsroom fanfic world. What the hell are we supposed to do with happily ever after?! I haven't a clue.

I'll miss my Newsroom fanfic ladies though. You are all awesome! Loved it Ash!
12/8/2014 c1 10jacobn
i've been dying some something like this to come along! as much as i love will and mac together... i miss the angst and the drama. this story perfectly fulfilled my wishes. :)
12/7/2014 c1 7writingalone
Will deserved this, and I could see this scene fitting into S2, with us still getting the proposal at the end. Glad to see you are back!

-G
12/7/2014 c1 3fanficfanuk
oh no!.
This is great and Will and Mac are far too complex to only have one Sorkin ending.
Please, please post your conclusion to this...in some universe Will needs to know how much Mac was investing in "but it can be" and make some contribution to THEM himself
12/7/2014 c1 14lilacmermaid33
OMG OMG OMG are you serious? I did an actual double-take when I saw this in my inbox. Haven't even read it yet - off to do that now, and a proper review soon.