for My Own Enemy

8/20/2016 c1 Guest
In the end one's true enemy is themselves the monster within our darkest corner of the mind a madness that follows many as Danny Fenton learned in the twilight zone ps catspat31 is a cyberbullie just ignore him.
12/9/2014 c1 catspats31
The story is good, but since it has the copied lyrics of Thousand Foot Krutch's "My Own Enemy", it breaks the following part of the Content Guidelines:

Actions not allowed:
3. Copying from a previously published work (including musical lyrics) not in the public domain.

Please remove all of the copied lyrics from your story before someone can use them as evidence in their abuse reports.

And in case you're wondering when and why that rule is made, here is the background information. Back on April 27, 2005, the admins put this message on the front page regarding songfics:

In addition, [this site] would like to address a growing problem. For whatever reason, some writers feel it's okay to copy-n-paste musical lyrics they have not written into their fiction. If you did not write it, do not post it. This has always been our policy. Please remove these entries immediately to avoid account closure.

Keep in mind that "public domain" means something that has expired intellectual properties, like Shakespearean works. And disclaimers don't cut it for song lyrics. Not even changing a few words from the original song will be enough.

catspats31
Member of Eliminator
12/7/2014 c1 134Invader Johnny
Well indeed one's worst enemy is one's mind so in a way by getting rid of bad thoughts, Danny defeats his worst enemy.

Invader Johnny Signing Off.

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service