for Not the last dance

12/16/2014 c1 50xIAmAlsoAWe
Again, I absolutely loved this! Probably filling your email with spam of my reviews and favorites. :)
12/15/2014 c1 Guest
Absolutely in love with this fic..Could feel the emotions between them.
12/13/2014 c1 9LuckyStarPham
I absolutely adore this story. I said this before and I'm saying it again: This fic and "Gravity" are two of my all-time McRoll fictions and even it's very short and simple, it leaves a deep impression inside of me. It officially made me remember your Tumblr account. Even rereading it for n-th time still can make me burst into crying at some points and clench my heart along the whole story - the moment when Cath heard Steve's voice, the moment she called his name, the moment Steve thought to himself that he knew all about Catherine... Everything... Everything in this fic - every single detail somehow touches the bottom of my heart and that feeling stays with me forever.

This is exactly the reason why I love the addition of Billy - not because of I love Billy himself, but because to me, Billy makes McRoll's relationship even more real. They lost each other, and thanks to the third person - Billy, Catherine realized how much she loved Steve. I love it when she thought how painful it was to taste Steve's lips and then fall asleep next to another man. It ripped my heart out and made me cry like a baby. And I love how Steve didn't really "back off", he still couldn't help himself making the first move, asking her for a dance. I cried everytime I imagined that part (considering I always read it at night, and as a psychologist, you know how night time can affect people's mood, I guess :D).

The bottom line is I love "Not the last dance" so much, probably my most favorite one, even more than "Gravity". Honestly, normally I don't remember the title of McRoll fictions (I rarely do), but somehow I remember the title of this story from the first time I read it xoxo. Congratulations for writing such a masterpiece (in my eyes) :)
12/11/2014 c1 beetledriver7
Beautiful...absolutely gorgeous! Fabulous job with this one!
12/11/2014 c1 little lea-jo
amazing story, I really enjoyed reading it :) so many emotions, just wonderful

Hugs, Lea
12/11/2014 c1 MnemosyneMorrigan
Okay, I admit, that I kind of wanted to be lazy and skip reviewing your stories, because I already did that when you send them to me right after posting on tumblr :P but I feel like it wouldn't be fair, cause you definitely deserve words of appreciation!

This is one of my favorites of yours, which is not saying a lot considering I basically love ALL your stories ;) There's something in the way you write about them... It's the style, the language, how emotional it is, but not overdone. You often say that you tend to be overdescriptive and overdetailed, I think I know what you mean, but believe me when I say you balance it really well. There's a lot of emotional descriptions, but each has a different wage and shade. It's not like you describe the same thing in ten different sentences, you just paint a beautiful insight into their perosnalities and dynamics.

The smallest gestures and the way their bodies react near each other is greatly depcited. It's so vivid that there's still spark between them, they long each other, but you add the layer of them (especially Catherine) being also reasonable. She knows it's not that simple to go back, they need to work it through and however it feels so familiar and good being within his arms, it's more complicated. And she's not a girl that would just faint at his feet, because he's Commander McGarrett ;) The fact she was harsh on him is very realistic.

You portrayed their inner conflict so well, I am amazed :)

Also love the details of other kind you always put in your stories - nothing is perfect between them, but also they are not perfect as individuals. I mean, it might seem unimportant, but I actually love the fact that Catherine doesn't like to dance. It's so "fresh" to read not only in mcrollins verse, but also any other, where women are so often portrayed as the ones loving to dance. It might appear odd considering she was skating, but ice skating doesn't equal actual dancing. It has even more sense as I think of the reasoning you gave it - Steve said it's because Cath wants to have the control. In ice skating she had to be in control over every muscle in her body, each step and figure were too risky, in dance she wants to be in control too, letting it go only when within Steve's arms, which says a lot about how much she trusts him.

With her life - as you wrote :)

Love, absolutely love the story. Can't wait for more from you, especially the fresh ones I haven't read before :P
12/11/2014 c1 Paulajenn
Love this fic so much. Thank you.
12/10/2014 c1 GreenEyes09
I loved it! So sweet.
12/10/2014 c1 26Leni-H50
Wow! Loved it!
12/10/2014 c1 Kiwikaren
Another beautiful story from you. Thank you so much. You have a lovely way with Steve and Catherine.
12/10/2014 c1 Allison
Love it always find their way back to each other and I still keep a hope that this is what will happen on the show although I know really it won't. Great writing as always keep your stories coming please don't give up on mcroll.
12/10/2014 c1 St
That was such a wonderful story of their past. Kinda feel bad for Billy even though Steve and Catherine are and always will be the perfect couple. They complement each other so well.
12/10/2014 c1 ACndCA
Beautiful as always. Thanks for sharing. you are amazing :)
12/10/2014 c1 4CelicaChick
Wow another beautiful moment!
12/10/2014 c1 CatherineHF0
Love it thank you so much

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service