for Starting Over

11/13/2016 c7 Guest
Man! This really took a U turn. Really an unexpected this ending.

Hope you get through your problem's. Sending you Good vibes.
11/13/2016 c7 24Boris Yeltsin
Sorry things didn't work out between them.
2/22/2015 c6 Flinksword
(Chapters 4-6)
Now that I've caught up to where you are with the FF right now, I can review the rest. Although it's been a week or so since I've read it, so I'm afraid it won't be as detailed - but I'll be around for the next parts coming up, that's for sure. :)

I loved the part with Chase, Michael and Logan going out to party. It was so much fun to read and I'm pretty convinced Logan would be someone who'd be pretty extreme at partying and drinking. But boy, poor Chase got really nasty drunk - but that made it even more entertaining, of course! :D

Also, I didn't even think you broke Zoey's character when you wrote about her lying outside and having some deeper thoughts. Sure we pretty much never get any of this in the show, but that's just because of the show's nature, it's obviously not meant to include something like that - but what's more important is that I think it fits with her overall personality that we know, so I actually liked that.

A lot of things about the wedding were the way I'd have imagined them myself, and to be honest, I found Michael's jokes pretty funny, I could imagine him doing something like this!
This part reminded me again how I strangely like this "You"-2nd person perspective you're writing this in. Has this immersive feel to it, and to me is more comfortable to read than a 1st person perspective, don't ask me why exactly.

I wonder what the drama you have in store will be about ... I'm looking forward to it!
2/14/2015 c3 Flinksword
(Chapters 1-3)
You surely know how to keep your readers at the edge of their seats, so to speak.

Now I have always liked the idea of Chase becoming a writer, since that was certainly his talent that was seen the most in the show. Even though we know he loves Zoey, it's plausible he'd be so busy with his work (and that is a very tough business if you want to make a living with it) that he'd not be able to manage his job and his relationship at the same time, and if the two talked less and less, he'd not really grasp the fact how much he hurt Zoey quickly enough. Although of course, that he doesn't call her or really care if he doesn't hear from her for so long? Sure it works better for the story, but if you have a long distance relationship, you have these rituals like calling every day or chatting online, trying to spend time together despite being not in the same place. But of course, Chase has changed or "forgot himself" during this time, so it still kind works - although maybe a bit more explanations for his changes in character would've been helpful, I'm not sure if the Chase we know would become like that just because of a lot of work and stress. Hm, however, I was just thinking of the "Chase's Grandma" episode where he doesn't even want to celebrate his birthday to finish that paper ... so it might actually be quite believable.

I love the idea with the idea with all the flashback in italics. I think it's often the case that if you talk to someone or have emotional moments, you remember moments you've shared with this person before, and so I'd say it's a pretty good representation of Zoey's memories that are going through her mind in the respective scenes of the present story.

Gosh was I glad when the two got back together! This fighting and breaking up thing gets hard on my nerves reading it, and I mean this in a good way - I felt this huge relief when they admitted they still had feelings for each other. And I know Chase would do anything to win Zoey back!

Michael would probably react pretty much like this, sure he'd be angry as hell, but Chase is still his best friend after all this time - although, just like with his relationship with Zoey, I'd say him not being in touch with his friends in any way for five years is a bit extreme.

I absolutely love the final part of chapter 3. Especially the sentence "Chase broke your heart, but he is the only one capable of fixing it." is just perfect. It describes something very elemental about love itself. If you truly love someone, this person is the most important one in your whole life, and this emotional attachment means that nobody is capable of hurting you as much as this person. But it also means there's no replacement. No matter how much you're hurt, feelings just don't stop existing because of that, and you can't fill the void after someone's gone with someone else just like that. You expressed so much her with so few words - amazing!
And of course, that's perfect for Chase and Zoey, because it kind of happened before. Yeah, Chase didn't quite "hurt" her in that sense, but as he mentioned in your story himself, he lost Zoey before, when he went to England. At this point, Zoey's heart was broken, in a way - even though she might not have noticed it right away, but James wasn't able to fill the void that Chase has left, he wasn't able to fix anything - becaus she had only always loved Chase that whole time.
1/26/2015 c6 11HappinessAwaitingMe
You did really well capturing everyone's personalities.
1/18/2015 c6 Guest
Excellent! Nice work! Love it!
1/18/2015 c6 24Boris Yeltsin
Worth the wait.
1/3/2015 c1 Anonymous
This is amazing! Can't wait to read more
1/1/2015 c5 11HappinessAwaitingMe
This was awesome! I loved the flashbacks. This was so incredibly well-written. I can't wait for the wedding :)
12/30/2014 c5 4L.C York
More please! 3 You are such a great writer!
12/30/2014 c5 14SeanFlynnZoey101
I really enjoy reading this chapter...I liked how you flashback their relationship to beginning /end... :) we'll be waiting for next chapter :D
12/30/2014 c5 24Boris Yeltsin
Nice adding onto the flashbacks.
12/28/2014 c4 11HappinessAwaitingMe
This was amazing! I love to see them growing up but still being together. You write really beautifully. I'm so glad you finished up that DVD; it was killing me. I think another chapter would be great (Why is Chase so sick? Is something bad going to happen :/) or you could describe the wedding! I don't know, but I love this.
12/28/2014 c4 14SeanFlynnZoey101
You should continue creating more chapters...:)
12/28/2014 c4 24Boris Yeltsin
I say, keep it up.
I think you're an excellent writer so far.
23 Page 1 2 Next »