FanFiction.Net
for Better Than The Last

7/16/2015 c1 35Cotton Candy Mareep
This was a great oneshot, I think you got the personalities of the characters down perfectly, including Chase. Kathy and Chase are actually a pretty good match now that I think about it, and while I usually prefer them in fanfiction as just very good friends, I thought their romance in this was realistic and worked well. And I also love how you never made either Maya or Owen or even Angela out to be the bad guys. Kathy moved on from her relationship pretty maturely, which his probably what I would have expected from her.

I also loved how you managed to include, little by little, so many different characters in one story that’s based on one specific couple. Probably my favorite aspect of this were the mentions of Candace and Julius; they're two of my favorite Animal Parade characters, and I like how you pointed out how very different they were in personality and everything while still showing that they were a great couple. What can I say, I like that kind of fluffiness in a fic very once in a while. And honestly, I thought Luna was pretty funny as well, and I admit it was amusing when Luke mentioned his dilemma in asking Selena out, haha.

Nice job on writing a non-canon couple like this!

-CCM
1/9/2015 c1 15CAPJHMPAgirl
Super cute! I love how you included several rival pairings and Kathy as matchmaker. Chase and Kathy were very cute together :)

Thanks again for the welcome.
1/3/2015 c1 46yadon
While I'm not really a fan of Chase, that's fine, because I thought you showed very well how Kathy could hold her own against him - how they had a very balanced friendship (eventual relationship) even with the awkwardness at times, they still managed to smooth out the rough edges. I found that to be accurate and relatable, to how friendships/misunderstandings can be in real life.

Also I'm glad you showed her "relationship" with Owen without turning either Owen or Angela into a bad guy - Owen is only like one of my favorite bachelors ever and it would have been to easy to make him horrible - yet he wasn't, which was why (gonna use this word again) the situation was relatable; I can definitely recall times being rejected by someone who just...wasn't interested, not that they were a bad person or anything.

All the side stuff with the other rival couples made me smile as well (especially Luke/Selena...aaaahh! Luke, you're so oblivious...)!

All in all, you did a great job, on a pairing I never really even gave much thought to! Thanks for sharing this and hope you had a great holidays.
1/1/2015 c1 27Evil Icing
You know, I've never really thought about Kathy/Chase before, but I totally ship it now, thanks to you. It really does make sense, being that they're coworkers and all. I'm personally not really MUCH of an Owen fan, so I love it better than canon!
This was a really fun story, and I love how you made it about New Years! The characterization was awesome, too. Definitely couldn't tell at all that you were rusty with the game, because it was perfect!
It's also cool to see you included a lot of different characters from AP, they really are a fun group of villagers!

Great story, I'm so glad I read this on New Years Day! Ha! (and P.S., this is totally unrelated, but your avatar picture makes me soooo happy... Jaaane. :D)
12/31/2014 c1 10XxBlue and CrimsonxX
Chase is thirty?! What does that make everyone else? Cute story, and very well written :)
12/29/2014 c1 32Kuneko
I thought the characterization was spot on! Chase's snarkiness and general apathy towards other people was nicely captured, and I was totally expecting a bittersweet ending, but I'm glad you allowed Kathy and Chase to be happy ;)! I'm glad you took the time to write about the other couples and villagers a bit, instead of zeroing in on one couple - HM fanfics always work better when there's some world/town-building thrown in there, especially given all the colourful characters we have to work with!

Overall, I really liked this! Well-written and cute without being too fluffy. Great job, I'm excited to read more of your work! :D
12/28/2014 c1 28therainydaykids
Ooo, this was fantastic! I loved it :D I'm such a fan of Chase (always a sucker for the sarcastic ones) and you captured his personality perfectly. The way you wrote Kathys relationship with him was so awesome, and I'm glad you chose to write about them. I really liked the depth the bits with Owen added, it made Chase and Kathy seem more realistic as a couple (as did there wonderful dialouge!). Kathys mentions of Julius and Candace were great, too (those two never get enough love.) Just Kathy in general was great, I loved reading from her point of view.

Besides the fact that this was well-written and had a kickass pairing, you wrote about New Years Eve! Its my favourite holiday and this was exactly what I wanted to read in the days leading up to it.

Thank you, thank you for my Secret Santa gift. I couldn't have asked for anything better :D

PS: Wow, we got each other. What are the chances :P
12/28/2014 c1 8ScipioPB
Great one-shot! Loved it!
12/27/2014 c1 23Winter Oak
Very cute! I like all the different sides of Kathy -all melodramatic when Owen started dating Angela, school girl-ish when she overheard Chase's conversation with the other guys, and observative and knowing while waiting at the bar for Chase.

Anyway, this was a nice, light read. Thanks and Happy New Year!