for A Proper Family-Woman

1/27/2015 c1 ryanhrny
Aveline was a character I always felt got slightly sidelined in the later years of Bread. Her wedding was such a big event in the show's history that her marriage almost seemed like a damp squib; she was isolated from the Boswell home (not helped by viewers having to get used to a new actress) and the only way to get her back there was to pull apart a marriage 20 million viewers had watched happen. A bit of a no-win situation.

Because of that a story like this, which fleshes out Aveline's post-marriage story, is very welcome as far as I'm concerned. Gypsy Rosalie really gets the character right here - I can almost hear Aveline's voice. The timeframe works well too; it's easy to picture Aveline desperately trying to cling on to her looks, knowing the modelling dream that never really was is definitely over, whilst worrying she's left it too late to make a success of motherhood instead. It's interesting to see Oswald's drinking from the later episodes touched on too.

I see from the note at the end that Gypsy Rosalie has more Aveline stories planned. I'll look forward to them :)
1/5/2015 c1 9Poppinbottlesintheice
Loved the insight into Aveline and Oswald, and Billy and Aveline bonding. I always look forward to reading your work and I apologise for not saying so often enough.
1/2/2015 c1 13Macarons and Muffins
Wow, poor Aveline haha. This was really great, and a very in-depth exploration of Aveline's life and her struggles as vicar's wife. I loved it! :)
12/29/2014 c1 1Benjjj
Awesome- love Oswald and Aveline here - beautiful writing and Billy too. Can never get enough Joey and Mattina, another awesome fic and love the AEOTD universe :-)
12/29/2014 c1 49slenderpanda2
A lengthy Christmassy fic with joetina flirting, Aveline stressing and billy being billy? Glad you got it done, sweetheart.

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service