for Redmond Diaries -the second year

1/18 c10 15Curlieque
I am finally getting around to reading these diaries, and wow, such creativity and scope of the imagination! The voices of each character shine through.

And this part:
"If I had my chance again I would offer you my dreams. Instead I begged."
Of course that is not only an accurate assessment of proposal #1, it is lovely foreshadowing of proposal #2. To think of all these details, to make the words seem as natural as breathing... Thank you for sharing your gifts with us!
10/4/2021 c10 Jennifer Weed
This was brilliant! Having Anne write that she felt like a lone iris after Gilbert turning “I love Anne Shirley” into “Heavenly lone iris” was so clever.
5/27/2021 c4 BirdieKitKat
I love that you let Ruby have this moment. For her and for Herb. And the letter for Gilbert was so special, too.
5/27/2021 c2 BirdieKitKat
"we have no scoundrels in Avonlea. Mrs. Lynde wouldn't allow it." BEST LINE EVER. And I'm so enjoying your extension of the Averill's Atonement kerfuffle.
10/2/2020 c10 4noraborealis
another delightful installment! might just binge the whole series tonight, this is so good
8/6/2019 c1 aidni
oh anne's delusions of grandeur in her writing - i love gil's assumption of a humorous sketch

'enjoyable but disconcerting' ahahaha you genius

poor ruby! beginning to want to stretch her wings - though in a different way to anne, of course :((
1/22/2019 c10 12seekerchasing
Another fantastic installment. I especially liked the Ruby parts, it's such a sad story and you really added to it
1/15/2019 c1 DrinkThemIn
Ha! Oh Gilbert's entry about Averil using most of the English language had me laughing out loud. My hubby, currently occupied in scratching my back, jumped at my outburst. :)
5/26/2018 c5 omg
oh Anne.. so blind and so snobbish.
6/19/2017 c10 AnneNGil
I was definitely dreading this chapter à little bit, but you pulled it off nicely. It's well written and I love the pace. It still felt light enough that I don't feel horribly dark afterwards.

I realize that you wrote these years ago, so my answers to your questions are not going to matter, but I am probably going to skip over year 3. I'm sure you did a great job, but I don't know that, at least right now, I want to read about Anne falling in love with someone else. Truth be told, I'm eager to get to the windy willows diaries. So, please don't be offended, but I'll probably skip this next diary for now. :-) again, thank you for penning these stories!
6/19/2017 c8 AnneNGil
Oooo... My heart aches for Gil.
6/19/2017 c7 AnneNGil
I had a great laugh!
6/19/2017 c5 AnneNGil
I really enjoyed this chapter. I, like Anne, come from a small (unnamed) very rural area of the world. Growing up I always felt my ambitions where well beyond th confonds of my small town, however beloved my town is/was to me. And it terrified me to think of settling down with or even *courting* anyone in my town for fear I would get *stuck* and non of my ambitions would come to fruition. You described Anne Shirley the same way as I felt growing up. I had often wondered if the fear of getting stuck was underlying Anne's dismissal of feelings for Gilbert. This was very cathartic to read. Great job!
6/19/2017 c4 AnneNGil
I love this chapter. It was so sweet and very very well done.
6/19/2017 c3 AnneNGil
I'm simply enjoying these! I have jury duty today and I am just sitting and waiting killing time. I am so enjoying filling the time with these journal entries. You have such an entertaining way to capture all of the hilarious thoughts these characters have running through their minds. :-)
148 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »