for Redmond Diaries -the second year

3/31/2015 c10 Leslie
Loved your music recos, in addition to the great writing! Am in love with your fic... helping keep the Anne flame alive..
3/16/2015 c10 PelirrojaBiu
Oh please, please, do continue!
3/16/2015 c8 PelirrojaBiu
My heart is breaking for poor Gilbert...
3/16/2015 c4 PelirrojaBiu
It was beautiful...
3/16/2015 c10 bunnybee
I truly hope you continue with RD3! I would love to see more entries from the other girls, Roy, Christine, perhaps even Jonas! However, I understand that writing these is probably taxing...I am so greedy, I just want more! By the way, I have read all of your other stories ravenously since discovering RD1 and you are so talented...if Redmond has exhausted you, perhaps it is time to jump to a different point in time with the AoGG canon? I just love all your work and never want it to end :)
3/15/2015 c9 2Enna Energe
You did the fallout of the ill fated proposal so, so well. I've re-read it several times. It's such a shame to hear them both hurting so much, but at the same time, it's beautiful.

If you are worried about making a good story about years 3 and 4 (which I don't think you should; I think you'd do a wonderful job), you can always start at the end. Do Anne's rejection of Roy and what comes after. I can't imagine THAT failing to capture our attention.
3/15/2015 c10 Guest
Amazing amazing amazing! I LOVE that someone as loving with Anne and her world has handled filling in all the gaps! I would live for you to revisit Anne in any shape or form, and RD3, but again, whatever inspires you to write :) I hope we'll be seeing heaps more of you! What an amazing grasp of the language. The characters, and the World You havE!
3/14/2015 c1 PelirrojaBiu
Hilarious chapter!
3/13/2015 c10 gayathri
I love love love this chapter. My heart goes out to Gilbert. And like everytime I come to this chapter in the book, I want to be mad at Anne, except I can't, because she's so... Anne. Please take up RD3, I know it's gonna be hard reading about Roy- oh, how I hate him!- and Christine, but you can't end this here. Please see it through to the end of the book. After all, Anne and Gilbert do find each other in the end and I think all the angst from the next few chapters will be worth it to be able to read about that moment through your wonderful characters. Please say you'll write the next one!
3/12/2015 c10 Guest
These diaries are so satisfying to read, in ways that I'm afraid Montgomery's book wasn't, much as I love her work. Getting to know these characters (even Charlie!) better has really brought AotI to life in ways that I never expected. You have expressed so beautifully Gilbert's growing desperation, Anne's frustrating avoidance and Phil's hilarious personality, explaining the details of the unfolding 'car crash' as Montgomery did not. You have filled in the gaps we've all been wondering about and I congratulate you on your genius. Please write more, we want to see them come full circle back to each other. And I'm sure you can squeeze in some comic relief - Roy can't be all bore surely?
3/12/2015 c10 Guest
"... So that the only thing that burns into me is candlelight." That was my review. It got posted by mistake before I had it finished... I don't know where I reached in that, but I think I was talking about an eatheral majesty in Anne that feels so poignantly real, that took me so long to see. Love's definitely not an easy thing to write about. And writing about love that intense takes courage too. It was so brave! And Anne's side felt completely wonderfully real... Especially her ridiculous proclamation that this didn't have to happen and that they could 'pretend'. God, she's so idealistically afflicted, a right heroine and so endearingly Annish. Poor Gilbert! He's heavenly too, any man who thinks like that must be, his immediate reaction was slightly, not soft, but well, mundane... for the pain of a face "gone white to the lips" but after that it was perfect! Such a fitting conclusion! To narrow down on Anne and Gilbert... Make it their world and theirs alone... King, queen, hopeful man, broken man, delicate iris and unseeing romantic dream! I loved it! Thank you, thank you again!
And please please write the next year. Sure it'll be painful, but I would love to read it. I really really want to. And if you can fist Roy and Christine please please do it! It'll be fun to read them :P I'm pretty sure most of your fans will agree :P this is the best fanfiction story I've read... Write more! - Alila
3/12/2015 c10 Guest
"...So that the only thing that burns into me is candlelight." I love your language and I love how their thoughts and how beautifully real you've made them. I see Anne, heavenly lone iris, in her sheer slip dress and you've got that utter eatheral majesty
3/11/2015 c10 5JennWithAPenn
I am so sad to see this story is through, but you left it off wonderfully. Makes me want to scamper off to read RD3, ironically! But that being said, I understand wanting or needing a bit of a break. If and when you do get back around to it though... I, for one, would love to see Roy and Christine. Yes, it will make me cringe, but it makes the outcome all the better. That's what makes a good book after all, is the sticky, messy journey we call life. And I trust you to make it plenty interesting, dearest! But the most important thing is that YOU are interested in it. And now on to the chapter... I didn't mind the back and forth... It showed each if them processing it side by side and I liked that as opposed to two long entries. And you told a story in the changing of Gilbert's tone as he wrote, I saw how thrilled he was to secure a future as a provider for himself and Anne, and just when he was about to secure his place in top of the world, it all came crashing down, and I saw that in the way he couldn't even write about it at first and just skipped it over, and in the curt sentences. And Anne's entries were short and sweet as well. Poor dear, I really sense the loss she felt in that moment. Reminded me of those moments in life where you wish so dearly that you could just rewind, but you can't. Ah, but I think we can agree it was a necessary occurance for both of them, especially Gilbert (I am thinking of "This Love" :) Might I add that I loved how you tossed "heavenly lone iris" back in ;)

Anywho, whatever you cook up for us next, be it AoGG of beyond, I will gladly follow you! Congrats on a story well done!
3/11/2015 c10 2Enna Energe
Wow. A very successful delve into their minds! There's so much unsaid in those stories, isn't there? So many holes I wish were filled. I remember reading "Anne's House of Dreams" for the first time and thinking, "Wait? She's pregnant? What? Wouldn't that be worth dwelling on a little?" And all those "pages omitted" in "Anne of Windy Poplars"? Those omitted parts were the parts I most hoped to read!
3/11/2015 c10 Guest
I like how you ended this. And no I don't want to read of Anne falling for Roy he is such a bore! Don't think I could handle Gil's thoughts through that time it would be to depressing. Maybe you could skip ahead to when she realizes he could die and leave her for good. Or when they finally get together. I know it's been way over done but who cares it's great!
148 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »