for A Thousand Words

1/6 c53 Guest
I like this fic
1/6 c52 5Dumbledore-The-Phoenix
I loved this. I have a habit or reading a lot of WIP Snape-mentors-Harry fics at once and forgetting what’s going on in each of them, but I’m glad to see updates from you. I am eager to see what happens with the idea to place Harry with the Weasleys, as I suspect that will fall through for some reason or another—but I think it’s much more realistic to start there than to put him with Snape right away, which is what we usually see in this situation.

Also, this is not really a comment about your work, but I imagine you can relate, since you mentioned dumbledore’s delicate silver instruments—I think it would be hilarious to find out that the purpose of those instruments was to explode when someone in his presence was angry. That just occurred to me while I was reading, and I wanted to tell someone, lol.
1/5 c53 Guest
What a lovely chapter! But my money is Harry is going to end up with Snape eventually... can’t wait till the next one! :) happy new year!
1/5 c53 Guest
Snape shouldn’t underestimate how important appearances are to the Dursleys, having muggle authorities investigate them is a huge punishment, just think of how the neighbours will gossip lol Besides, Dudley might get some help. As Dumbledore said in the books, they inflicted a whole different kind of abuse on their biological son.
Btw, I loved Harry's reaction to Snape using his first name, it confuses him but also makes him hopeful for the future. Everything about your character development just feels gradual and natural. Oh Severus, I get a feeling it’s you that Harry wants "fawning" over him, not the Weasleys
1/5 c53 Guest
I can’t wait to find out what happens . Pleeese let Snape get him back . Harry needs lots of attention not one of the crowd .
1/4 c53 littleone4524
severus in this story makes me wanna cry i love the way u write him its so realistic but still fits into the story line and i just love it!
1/4 c53 Maddie86
Oh poor Harry! I hope they get his living arrangements settled quickly 3
1/3 c1 1flightlessbird23
More thoughts and then I’ll be done for a while!

I hope Snape addresses the fact that Harry didn’t use the coin and call for help.
I hope Snape makes more connections to past events/behaviors and links them to what he knows now (ex. When Harry almost told him the truth that day right before Christmas holidays but instead just wished Snape a happy Christmas).
I hope Snape recognizes Harry’s emotional wounds go far deeper than his physical ones. (I think he’s shown that already, but I’d like to see more)
I hope Snape looks back on his initial perception of Harry and sees how wrong he was.

I hope the most to watch the mentor/mentee relationship solidify into a father/son relationship over the next chapters...

But I know whatever you decide to do will happen so naturally and perfectly, I’m just going to keep melting.

Thank you once again for sharing your talents with humanity!
1/3 c53 Guest
I hope Snape gets him !
1/2 c53 flightlessbird23
After the most recent update, I’ve been thinking about this story morning, noon, and night. I woke up this morning and decided I wanted to experience it again from beginning to end. I can’t believe it’s the middle of the night! I’ve done nothing else besides stop to eat once. I am impressed anew by the length and sustained quality through the whole story. Your writing is top notch, and the story and characterization are so close to canon, I’m blown away by the gentle curve it takes in a new direction—a direction I think we all wish it took in the first place. So thank you again for this blessing of a story! I sent it to my Kindle so I can read it whenever and wherever I am (I would buy a print version if I could), and I’m anxiously awaiting Chapter 54!
1/2 c53 2Professor Potterhead
I was 100% expecting snape to take him in...
1/2 c53 Guest
Wow. This is one of the best fics I've ever read. I love the slow build-up, and the bonds of every character, especially Harry and Snape. Both of them are in character, you wrote them so well. I cried so much in the first few chaoters and chapters 48 to 53. None of the side characters feel shallow, or exist to just be around Harry. They have personalities and their own quirks. You handled Harry's abuse really well. In canon, he didn't really talk about it. Nobody noticed anything was going on. This is a perfect butterfly effect au that started when Harry found that picture of his mother. We can see how the emotional abuse affected how Harry's personality. He didn't really trust any adult in the beginning. When he started opening up to Snape, that's when he started to to think about his actions a bit more. And that his actions would have consequences if he didn't think before he acted. I'm giving this five stars!
1/2 c53 9Ariana-807
As much as I love the Molly and Arthur, I don’t think they can give Harry what he needs, like Severus can. So I hope the arrangement do not work out, so that Harry ends up where he belongs :D
1/1 c53 heart.dramione
love the plot! glad that severus has assisted harry in learn about potion tutoring, blocking his minds and being an adult that go to with issue( even know severus prod him to tell his living condition) hope new weekend living with ron's parents work out...
1/1 c53 53BlueRowley
I’m hoping Harry realizes as much as he loves the Weasleys, they’re not the family for him. In my opinion. A future in law family, perhaps, but I’m all about Severus and Harry relationships! Anyway, sweet chapter, thanks for updating. I look forward to more.
3,190 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »