for A Thousand Words

10/1/2020 c41 didyousaytim
well done. what a great use of the snake and to get a confession to boot. cliff hanger. it is very likely no one will give Pansy detention gor attacking a fellow students familiar.
10/1/2020 c52 5gzdacz
This is the kind of story to read in full under a blanket on a windy night, and I for one am very much looking forward to re-reading it once it's done - even if just the idea that there is a finite number of chapters ahead makes me a little sad.

You have paced this beautifully, and you write emotion with great skill. Thank you for sharing this with us!
9/30/2020 c52 1liz.onia
Thanks for the update!
9/29/2020 c10 didyousaytim
the problem with canon is critical things like being attacked by a house elf, even more funny if Harry mentions Dobby to Snape who would know Malfoy's house else, have no outlet to Harry. Not one person of authority role was curious. the whole house nonsense is form without purpose. Flitwick allows Luna to be tortures. Sprout reacts like a deep rooted tree, McGonagall one line in entire series was "worse sort of people mark my word" and Scape is the only one that does his head of house duties. so give Harry detentions in your flick. sure. Reality very close. Most teachers have drawers full of unreturned thefts from students
9/29/2020 c52 Guest
I’m giggling . Severus ! A smirk at the end . You are one up on that boy ! Ahhhh I just love your writing !
9/29/2020 c51 Guest
I hope he adopts him . Part two
Life with Potter
9/29/2020 c52 KL
Hello again. I will try once more. After reading the chapter several more times, I just wanted to share an idea. I know that you already have some imaginative plan that Dumbledore will use to punish the Dursleys, but if it fits with yours, maybe you would consider this too. How about some spell that would make the Dursley food repeatedly disappear, no matter what they bought or where they kept it, leaving behind for each of them only the amount they used to give Harry? It would fit at least one part of “Let the punishment fit their crime.” Eating well is obviously very important to them. Too embarrassing to report to anyone.
9/29/2020 c52 DaughterOfBeasts
AAHH I LOVED THIS SO MUCH I REREAD THE ENTIRE THING OVER AGAIN AND HAVE BEEN BAWLING GODS BLESS YOURNWRITING I HOPE YOUR YEAR GETS BETTER
9/29/2020 c52 4Aladine98
A pleasure to read from you! Where will Harry go then? I can't wait to know!
9/29/2020 c52 84leggylover03
Let's hope Severus mellows out a bit and Albus does become creative
9/28/2020 c52 fraewyn
Love it! Can't wait for more!
9/28/2020 c52 7Wraith and Demjin
Beautiful chapter! I loved Severus’ rage. It is refreshing to read a story where his anger is shown in his reaction to finding out about Harry’s abuse. Sometimes I think a lot of writers forget that he has such a temper. It was nice to read. Thanks for the update! :)
9/28/2020 c52 TheSavageHufflepuff
I hope we get to read about Dumbledoore’s visit to the Dursley’s. I’m also very obsessed with Mentor/father Severus fanfics. Though it’s hard to find any recent ones.
9/28/2020 c52 KL
As I was reading the last two chapters for the third time and wondering about what Dumbledore might arrange for the Dursleys, I got an idea I hope you will consider, if it fits with whatever you have already planned. I fully realize your imagination is far superior to mine. Please consider allowing them to experience a bit of what they did to Harry. No matter how much food they buy, could it just disappear from their pantries and kitchen leaving just enough for them to have the rations they gave Harry. Presumably that would be none some days. Eating way too much seems to be one of their great pleasures as was almost starving Harry. Duration flexible or could depend on your conditions.
9/28/2020 c52 Guest
The last scene really warmed my heart. It reminded me of when I was little, whenever I was anxious and couldn’t sleep my mum would carry me in the living room and I'd just lie on the couch and watch her work on her computer or read something (she did most of her work at night so she could be there for us during the day). I found watching her be so concentrated mesmerizing, it instantly calmed me and I'd fall asleep.
Sorry, the point of this uninteresting story is just to let you know how good you are at setting an atmosphere in your story. I'm always able to connect to the characters and understand what they’re feeling, it always seems very real and it’s just so touching. Thank you for sharing this with us.
3,354 « Prev Page 1 .. 21 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 41 .. Last Next »