for A Thousand Words

9/25/2020 c52 lovian
Thank you thank you thank you! I was so excited when I got the alert you wouldn’t believe. And what an awesome (and very long) chapter too!
But poor Severus, he really needs a target for all that anger and Dumbledore really is far too agreeable... This is actually a feeling I remember from reading the books, being angry at Dumbledore and finding him staying calm and agreeing with everything infuriating
The Dursleys of course would have made a perfect target but Dumbledore was right about that one too, Snape should be calmer when he confronts them. Nothing that happens to them could make things better for Harry anyways, while Snape's pure presence does seem to have a soothing effect on him. Still the Dursleys would have deserved it more than Madam Pomfrey
13 more chapters huh? On one hand I'm glad that Harry's happy ending is getting closer, on the other hand I don’t want this story to end. I know it’s weird but looking forward to a chapter has been a constant in my life for a while now, I'll kind of miss it! So don’t worry about long waits, that just means longer excitement too!
9/25/2020 c51 Guest
never clicked so fast in my life! thank you for updating
9/24/2020 c51 Anonymous
This was one of the best Severus/Harry stories I've ever read, please update soon!
9/15/2020 c51 3kryptonianhallows
Updaaaaaaate please please please please pleaaaaaaaase
9/15/2020 c51 21Elliot Green
I love this fic
9/12/2020 c51 Anne LM
This is a fascinating story, and one that I hope will continue. I like your decision to make the relationship develop before the discovery of the abuse - it’s quite an original idea the letter competition!

Any chance of another update?
9/11/2020 c51 JoyfulSky67
wonderful writing! great story so far, Harry's character and behavior is believable considering what he's facing, and I appreciate the ways you've tackled Snape so far as well! Can't wait to read more!
9/5/2020 c1 Guest
Please, if you’re still reading comments, just give us a sign that you’re ok and still planning to continue this eventually?
It’s been 5 months since the last chapter and I'll gladly wait another 5 months, I just need to know that this story isn’t gonna go abandoned like so many others. It’s way too good for that
9/3/2020 c6 179Susan M. M
Can’t wait until Snape sees that picture.
9/3/2020 c51 BradleyontheHill
Goodness me you leave us there? SOB SOB. I am so addicted to this story. You have built up Snape and Harry's relationship for so long, it feels so well-earned now that we are hitting the "meaty" stuff. I am living for the way Snape is so gently caring for Harry and coaxing the truth out of him; that line from a couple chapters ago that now he could "see everything" just like TOOK MY BREATH AWAY. Also "Are you drowning, Harry?" GUH. Please please update soon. I want to know what the fallout of this is, and see Snape lose it with Dumbledore!

Sidenote, I see you were/are a mentor/guardianship lover in your fanfiction reading as well, have you ever read "O Mine Enemy" by Kirby Lane? She has been regularly updating the story after a decade long hiatus and is now nearly finished (though teasing a sequel ;D) and I think it's something you would absolutely squeal over. Quality stuff with the same kind of slow burn you so masterfully gave us in A Thousand Words!
8/30/2020 c51 Guest
the suspense is killing me :/ i come back to this fic at lest once a week to read snippets of it again and mourn that there’s no more... damn i sound annoying...

i don’t want the chapters rushed! i just want to express my appreciation of this and my hopes of another chapter soon! :)
8/30/2020 c51 2tanabubbles
honestly? this is one of the best fanfictions i have ever read. the characterizations, the writing style, the buildup... it's all perfect. the clear development between snape and harry's relationship is amazing and very well done. you can truly feel the mutual trust between them. personally, i love how you write the two. harry is reacting like how a normal pre-teen abuse survivor would. he's been through hell, and he's not going out unscathed. however, he always held on to his bravery and priden it's really in character! your snape is exactly how i imagined hin to be in the books. you really managed to flesh out his character and allowed him to grow under these new circumstances. he's been very gentle and careful with harry. it's what they both need, i think. i'm sure he wants to be the kind of adult he needed when he was also young, helpless, and alone. he and harry go so well together here. you really make me want to see them get closer. thank you for your brilliant writing and i hope you can post an update soon!
8/29/2020 c51 huchamabacha
I am so proud of Hermione! And Harry, too. It took a lot of courage for Hermione to tell an adult about her concerns, and for Harry to trust Snape with his injuries. I'm looking forward to Snape's discussion with Dumbledore!
8/27/2020 c51 boundbybooks
Awe man this is sooo good! I love it! Just found this and,so glad that I did. I’m obsessed with mentor snape/father to Harry so this was perfect! Thanks for writing!
8/25/2020 c51 Eshal