for A Thousand Words

5/9 c54 3HermioneIncarnate
I’m so excited to read a chapter of this marvelous story! Thank you for posting and continuing to work on it. Just brilliant your mix of canon and originality. I love it.
5/9 c54 Dogs324
Thanks for updating! Poor Harry, he has a lot to work through! I hope he will end up with Snape! Hopefully he has learned from past experiences and will tell Snape about the diary! I lke the long chapters, but if shorter chapters allow for more frequent updates then that would be great! Thanks for sharing your writing with the world!
5/9 c54 6sparklybutterfly42
Holy cannoli what a plot twist! Harry finds Riddle’s diary first! It’s nice he had a good day with the weasleys, though he clearly still isn’t super healthy and doesn’t realize that he can be wanted. But that could come with time. I hope. He’s such a good boy it makes me want to cry. He deserves people who live him!
Thanks for another great chapter! Also wondering if you plan to cross post to ao3 in case fanfic shuts down like everyone’s saying. I’d hate for this wonderful story to get lost!
5/9 c54 Moewe24 - guest
Thank you so much for the new chapter. I do love this story and can hardly await the updates. I.m.h.o. this chapter has a perfect length. And about the new chapter itself: I think that Albus was pleasantly perceptive when he offered Severus some time to compose himself. Shows us that your Albus version is not just the big chess master who pushes around his pawns but knows how Severus must feel, being confronted with so many triggers.
It's still sad to read about Harry's constant self-depreciating thoughts, but how could it be any different? Too bad that he heard the Weasleys' conversation about the want of money. And now he was even sucked into the diary! When I think about all the horrible things that happened to Ginny in TCOS, I worry for him. Please update as soon as you can (of course there are other things to do in real life, so please don't feel uncomfortable!)).
5/9 c54 11MauoW
Thank you so much for going on with this story. You are very talented and your characters are so well written :) I just hope Harry and Snape got some fatherly relationship, I love the Weasley family but I’ve got a soft spot for parental Snape :) thanks anyway you are awesome I am waiting impatiently for updates xx
5/9 c54 1M-chanchen
Hi!
Interesting continuation!
First off, the size of the chapters doesn't really matter to me. I enjoy reading either.
I really like the relationship/bond that develops between Harry and Snape. It is good that Harry feels like he can trust the professor since he doesn't seem to feel that way about many adults. I wonder how this will go on, with the Weasleys clearly willing to take him in, but now Harry knows about their trouble with money. The 'easier' solution would be if Snape took Harry in, since Harry already trusts him and he doesn't lack the money. Although the former could probably be resolved with a lot of work and for the later, it might also perhaps be possible to find a solution for it.
It's interesting how implement parts of book about the opening of the chamber of secret, but things happen partly different or don't have the same impact.
5/9 c54 pammiez x3
Oh Harry, why did he have to happen upon that conversation with the Weasleys? I hope he'll be able to see how wanted he is! The long waits for chapters are so worth it, especially because it gives me an excuse to re read!
5/9 c54 Jojo
Yessss! A new chapter! What a LOVELY surprise! I must say that, as much as I ADORE the Weasleys, I am still here cheering for Severus to take Harry ;) but these moments at the Burrow are really nice, the chickens scene was hilarious. Also, Severus and the calming draught? That was brilliant and really showed how attuned he is to the child’s needs. Now he just needs to acknowledge that! And OMG the mystery of the charm on Marge has been explained! It’s a very Snape-like thing to do, not to tell the child what the coin actually does XD so in character for him! The 5k chapter was PERFECT (personally I love the long chapters ;)) cannot wait to read the next!
Ps: hope to see some Severus POV about this whole situation. I’d be curious about what is going on in his head!
5/9 c50 IsupportFanfic
Ahh! So cathartic! After all the buildup and hiding and trying to fix the problem one as own (as children are won't to do), Harry's challenge is identified. Phew!

I am sure that so many of us read these hurt comfort fan fictions as a way to deal with our own experiences of having challenges during childhood and wishing someone would notice.
Ailee17 - you write this genre incredibly well. The amount of thought you put into the entire story arc is quite evident and much appreciated. thanks again!.
5/9 c49 IsupportFanfic
Whenever you post a new chapter, I always come back to this chapter and begin reading again.
Although, I must admit that at least three times I've gone back to the very beginning to read the entire story before enjoying your latest chapter. :)

But this chapter in particular - I find that last sentence incredibly moving.
Many thanks for all the effort you put into this story. We do appreciate that it can be difficult to continue to write around all of our full-time activities and the extra stress in the world these days.

Your ability to keep both of these individuals, in character, is very much appreciated and definitely one of the reasons why so many of us are drawn to this story.
Although I must say that your Hermione and Ron are quite in character as well. You must put quite a bit of effort into defining how they will verbalize their interactions with the other individuals.

Many thanks!
5/8 c54 Guest
It’s so exciting omg keep writing!
5/9 c54 1Emperor Phantom
great story.. hope to see new chapter
5/9 c54 Alena85
5/9 c54 Magsie-mags
I love the longer chapters! Can't wait for the next update
5/8 c54 Poledne
It is the interesting turn.
3,180 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »