for To Understand a King

2/22/2015 c1 History101
I love the idea of this story and I have to sya I'm really excited to read more. I loved Thranduil in the film but having read the book as well I do agree with you. That last scene just wasn't enough. I need more!
Update soon :)
2/4/2015 c1 85Book girl fan
Yay, something about Thranduil! He's my favorite.
1/15/2015 c1 24devi no kaze
I cannot wait for the next chapter
As much as I love Lee Pace as Thranduil, I'm disappointed with his personality in the movie
He's too bastard, in my opinion
Well, please update the next chapter
1/14/2015 c1 Guest
Really enjoyed this!
1/13/2015 c1 Foggy
I completely agree with you on the film's portayal of Thranduil and Legolas. When I went to the cinema, I had hoped - really hoped - to maybe hear that iconic line from the books. And then we got ... THAT.
Your story might reconcile me with (at least part of) the film. It was beautifully written and I liked Bilbo's perspective very much. Is there any chance for more of this?
1/12/2015 c1 10Gwedhiel
This is one of the few stories I'm personally able to stomach these days. Not that it was bad as to be barely tolerable, but I greatly agree with your thoughts about that particular aspect of the film and liked this exploration or "justification" of it. As far as I'm aware, Legolas was a complete travesty cinematically, and Thranduil was hardly any better. This is one of the first stories based on the movies that I could actually read all the way through.

I loved Bilbo's perspective on this, particularly because it kind of played to how, out of all the people he'd met, Bilbo chose that he would die for Thranduil in the end if he had to die to save anyone. And the depth of his "innocence" on the whole situation is very refreshing (not knowing just who Legolas is, for example). Worth the effort to write, so kudos.

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service