FanFiction.Net
for Return of Honor

4/1/2021 c1 poulnabrone
Wow, that was a great fic!
I love Leo taking charge and then him stepping up like that was just... wow!
That was so great, how everybody stood behind Leo, and him taking charge totally sure of himself...
Sorry that I’m not really articulate, but I really enjoyed that fic!
5/6/2019 c1 Abbey
.ever
5/19/2018 c1 34fireworksinthenight
Beautiful piece. You're portraying them so lively and their emotions are so intense, it was wonderful. Thanks for sharing this.
7/8/2017 c1 Lea1550
Awesome story :)
6/2/2017 c1 TooLazyToLogin
How did this only win 3rd place for best Leo? It was freaking amazing! And now I desperately want more of this dynamic.
3/21/2016 c1 6CelandineGranger
That was a fantastic portrayal of Leonardo's maturity into the leader of their family. The tension and emotions were perfectly balanced. Well done!
11/25/2015 c1 Silexwitch
This would have been a much different TMNT than what Ciro ever created.
9/23/2015 c1 Juanita27
Beautiful. Splinter's concern for his sons, "You are my sons. And I demand that you live" and leo's transformation into a man...i have yet to read a fanfic that broached these issues- wonderfully done! Just a beautiful fic.
6/22/2015 c1 26SewerSurfin
Wow...Leo grew up...he was amazing here...
4/30/2015 c1 17mo.texas55
First off: You go Leo! That's my fearless leader *wipes away tears* So proud...
Second: So I was CRACKING UP during the Uptown Girl part, paused to settle myself down, got a little further down the page and had to stop and laugh again. I read that paragraph about Splinter's adventures twice because I couldn't get the image of them singing while Mikey peed out of my head. LOL! Just genius
4/5/2015 c1 203BubblyShell22
Wow. An awesome story. Splinter's attack was intense, and I liked how Leo stood up to his father and said what was in his heart about protecting the city and how he saw what their duty was. Nicely done on this. I loved it.

The Bubbly One,
Shell
1/27/2015 c1 50Gwydion
Oh, I quite enjoyed this! It was an excellent take on how the rescue of Splinter could have gone, and I really liked how you wrote all of the characters. But I especially liked that even though it was mostly a fairly dramatic story, you still managed to get some well timed lighthearted lines in there as well, like Mikey having to pee, Casey's "O Captain, my Captain", and the bickering during the chase scene. It gave the story a nice balance.

Overall, great job with this! :)
1/17/2015 c1 2CaCadeA
I know it's a one-shot, but I'd love for you to do a sequel to this one. I can completely imagine Splinter doing this, especially with the long gap of him not knowing if his sons were alive or dead. The "Uptown Girls" scene is hilarious! I love the way you're able to balance humor, drama, and action while still keeping all the characters in character. Brilliant as always! :)
1/17/2015 c1 18Raigon
Definitely a Leo fan, but I think you lay it on a bit too thick. So much so, that you make it easy to miss the big picture of this story ...that Splinter is having doubt about their way of life. He wants to flee instead of fight for fear of losing his sons. He has found the idea of honor lacking, and chose instead to simply protect his family. I found that part amazing, the idea that Splinter could falter, and you touch around some important points against the argument for outright fleeing. But, you brush aside those arguments to put Leo in the spot light, which comes across hard to swallow. You never made an good argument for going after the Shedder or the Krang at all. Verdict, this is a good fic, but I feel you rush it too much and want your favor turtle to shine too much. You touch on such a great idea, and I would have love to see it fully flush out. I don't mean add more chapters making Leo the hero either, but maybe, having each turtle doubt or turn away from the path of honor when face with the overwhelm pressure and conflicts of the world, and being brought back to that path again. Not simply usurped.
1/17/2015 c1 21n00btmntfan
I really liked this. Firstly, the rescue scene was exciting and easy to visualize. For the most part, it was also really easy to hear the tone of people’s voice. Your use of language was just gorgeous, and from start to finish it was a good ride.

A couple of critiques, however. I am not sure which resource you were using for your Japanese, but according to my textbook that follows Tokyo standard, Otōsan is one non-hyphenated word. Up until recently, I didn’t realize how important the macron over the ‘o’ is – because if you are going to write it without the macron, you need to write a double o: Otoosan. Likewise, īe needs either the macron or a double ‘i.’ I’m sure there are a few variations in spelling – as I learned arigatō rather than arigatou, and I also know that there are three distinct dialects, but the Japanese government has declared that Tokyo standard is the ‘official’ language. Granted, I am not even close to being an expert on Japanese, and for all I know, you might speak it fluently and promptly school me as soon as you’ve read this review.

Also, this is a personal stylistic preference: I try to minimize the use of caps for emphasis and volume. I don’t know if you know much about music (I’m going to guess from “Polka Don” that you have a fair amount of knowledge there), but using caps would be like the equivalent of fortississimo, represented by a triple ‘f.’ This is not to say that I never use caps, but, like a piece of music, it needs to be saved for the absolute top of the sound – otherwise, it starts to lose significance. During the van rescue scene, it was a little over the top; while I could totally hear their relative volumes at first, all the use of caps muddied it slightly. Does that make sense? This was actually a complaint I had about J.K. Rowling, too, so don’t feel bad. Everybody has their own rules for writing, so take my opinion for what it’s worth. After all, if you had my opinion and 1 dollar, you’d have….1 dollar.

So yeah, other than those two things, great story. I really liked Splinter’s meltdown; it felt really believable based on some of the things he’s said in the show. And Mikey was just…oh, Mikey. Poor, bladder-shy Mikey. :) Casey’s solution to that was hilarious. I loved the development of the characters, the change of Leo’s relationship to Splinter, all of it.
17 Page 1 2 Next »