FanFiction.Net
for A Sense of Reality

1/14/2017 c95 Violet Ace
What a beautiful story! I don't really like that Roy switched senses, but that's just my preference. I hope that Ed can get over this obstacle, it's been very slow for him to overcome
1/3/2017 c95 Neko78
I needed four days to read this story. Four days. And these days were wonderful just because I read! Thank you for coming up with this amazing work. I love your style of writing and I love how you manage to keep your story going. To give examples: The beginning was SO stressful for me as a reader, I could feel with Ed at that first train ride. Later on I felt sooo relaxed when Ed and Roy were (kisses! Snuggles!). And I was so excited to learn with Ed (yeah it felt as if I learned, too) and to party when he succeeded in doing something new (the chair! I waved my arms in the air!). Yes... Of course, I like Ed's and Roy's relationship in general, they are so cute together! (I was sceptical before I started reading, because I thought it is an impossible pairing. You taught me otherwise.) Reading the last few chapters was hell, because Ed has such a hard time. Now I will wait patiently for you to fix it, to fix him. To read how it goes on... I'm so excited about future chapters!
Thank you for gifting me - and all other readers - this piece of art.
(Sorry if my language isn't correct, it's not my native language.)
12/27/2016 c95 16ImpossibleJedi4
Cute fluffy chapter! :) Glad to finally see another one up!
12/26/2016 c95 76speedfanatic05
My heart simply breaks for Ed; while he's trying his best to acclimate to his situation, there's a substantial amount of fear and uncertainty that run in tandem, further fracturing the shaky foundation he's standing on. I can't help but think that if he opened up to Roy a bit more that he'd gain a bit of clarity and that his healing would begin. Alas, I know that it's easier said than done to get out of one's head and Ed's got quite a bit of darkness to wade through before there's any semblance of light.

Which is devastating because Roy's there, waiting with open arms to help. Even blind, Roy can tell when Ed's too far gone, provoking Ed to push away even more. The cycle seems to be progressively getting worst: Ed doesn't deny that he needs help but he's denying the acceptance of others, further alienating himself from those who love him and the freedom from the internal agony of his thoughts. It's a progressive tragedy that, unless Ed comes to terms with his disabilities and find his worth in not what he is but who he is and stop believing the internal vitriol that posits him as a burden. The ball is in Ed's court but it's bouncing alone without a clear trajectory. If only he let Roy in...

If only.

Even after all of the chapters I've read, I remain in awe at how effortlessly you pull the reader into Ed's orbit, how you continue to reach for that visceral reaction, even in simplistic terms. I don't enjoy Ed's suffering but it's a mighty work when I can experience it as deeply as I have.

Excellent work, as always!
12/26/2016 c95 Guest
No offense, but isn't RoyEd pedophilia? Just asking.
12/26/2016 c95 8Attackoneverything
So cute XD
Loved it XD
And YAY! You updated XD
Can't wait for the next update XD
12/26/2016 c95 3QueenWoofy
They're so cute together! I hope Ed can start making some progress towards recovery.
12/25/2016 c95 2253910
Merry Christmas!
12/11/2016 c94 36alchemyfreak42
I've been reading this fic for a while, but then life happened and I didn't. But then I did again, and guess what? 我也会说中文!你中文说得好吗?Either way, that's sideways from my point, and maybe around the corner too. I really like your fic- it brings up a lot of very important points, like the fact that Ed really wouldn't have been all that pleased to get his senses back, and that Roy really can't do anything after he lost his. It's really well written, and I look forward to the next installment.
11/21/2016 c94 Guest
Loved it! I really hope Ed and Roy switch senses again, though; both of them seemed happier then.
10/28/2016 c50 13Here Strikes Dawn
As I'm on chapter 50 I should write a review. This story in itself is really unique taking an almost veggie!ed style with it. But Ed is not helpless and you portray that so well without forgetting the struggles that he is going through. Roy and Ed's relationship is wonderful to read and I feel like I know the layout to Roy's house without any senses just like Ed! I'm only halfway through but I'm loving every chapter. Thank you for such an amazing story!
10/27/2016 c94 76speedfanatic05
I don't think Ed could ever be truly happy with where he is now. I mean, yes, Roy's his rock, his foundation, his nucleus- he lives to make Roy happy but his own...I just think that he won't be comfortable enough with who he's become to ever reach that plane of happiness he's so desperate to achieve. And that's sad because Roy's ready and willing to help and Ed's guilt and despondency has influenced his decision to maintain the status quo, despite the pain-emotionally or physically-he incurs. He doesn't want to be a burden to Roy; however, because he's chosen to push his pain away, it will become an issue- one that I hope doesn't poison what they've built together.

This was a fairly balanced chapter. There's a heaping dose of self-depreciation but that's countered by the overwhelming amount of hope and happiness that surrounds them both. It's an arduous journey and they are both going to stumble but I have high hopes that they survive it together.

As always, an excellent chapter!
10/26/2016 c93 16ImpossibleJedi4
Eddddd what did you learn about running into the street that time oh so long ago?!
10/25/2016 c93 8Attackoneverything
Hope do something! DX
XD
Can't wait for more XD
10/25/2016 c92 2AllyGal123
This is quite possibly the best (and longest) fic I've ever read! Very, very well done. I do hope you end up completing this. I want to see these boys happy together, like, for real! So much sadness ;-;
Can I just tell you how amazing this fic is? I got my friend who very much dislikes RoyEd to read this and fall in love with it. You are an incredible writer with incredible ideas and DON'T YOU DARE SAY YOUR QUALITY HAS GOTTEN LOWER it has NOT. In any case, I look forward to future chapters and also Ed re-meeting that kind old lady whose name I already forgot whoops.
896 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »