FanFiction.Net
for Between The Lines

5/25/2015 c6 2Kim Blythe
Hi, i just can't wait to read your next between the lines story, as i have savored each one of them so immensely !
5/11/2015 c6 Guest
Are you going to finish/update anytime soon? I am in love with this story and I am super excited to see what happens next.
5/10/2015 c6 Alice
This story was absolutely glorious and I absolutely adored it!
5/3/2015 c6 Sadlynotred
You make it so true to character but also so real in how it feels, that what you write turns to how I start imagining things. I even reconciled with Gilbert's moustache... And I loved the ending! So Anne and Gilbert!
4/27/2015 c6 5rebeccathehistorian
Oh my gosh, this was beautiful.

Can I wish for a partner to write me such a letter that contains as much history, love, admiration, and in jokes as Gil's letter to Anne did, please? I'd really like that.

Thank you for writing this. I loved it.
4/27/2015 c6 Noirin Rose
Another perfect chapter, how do you do it? I loved the tension and the awkwardness in the beginning. Usually their reunions are too gushing and romantic, but this was so much better! Can't wait till your next installment, thank you for your work!
4/27/2015 c6 3YorkshireTeaDrinker
Oh, how delicious! I recently re-read AoWP and found the lack of contact between Anne and Gilbert almost as frustrating as they most likely did! It even moved me to begin my first ever attempt at fan fic to elaborate on the Christmas before this one (it is a rough draft and destined to remain ever thus). I was hoping you would fill in one of the Christmas gaps. And here it is. As delightful as I now expect from you.

Everything was so right. You captured the strange awkwardness between lovers who are so close mentally but physically apart. And wonderful Gilbert, who will always have that hint of mischief, no matter how grown up, grave and moustachioed he gets! Best line is definitely "Anything else I can help you with?".
4/26/2015 c6 297Punzie the Platypus
BETTER BE GLAD IT WAS DAVY because if Mrs. Rachel encountered THAT I'd pray for mercy. XD
4/26/2015 c6 22katherine-with-a-k
ugh, i got worried when i saw dovie's name, why is AoGG filled with people who cannot get it together! thank goodness for anne -match maker extraordinaire.
so this is what happens when i see that bertha willis has written a story!
1) yes, yay, yippee
2) no i don't want to read it, because after i read it i will be filled with 'iwiwt' (i wish i'd written that) feelings and then i'll lose confidence in my own story
3) i'll just give it a cursory flick
4) and then i totally give in and go all number 1)
this was some good, b. i dunno if it's sleep deprivation or if it's super human ability but whatever you're doing keep doing it.
first wanting to be alone so you can fantasise about your future! oh who hasn't done that? and anne really went there, all the way to a rose on the tableware
second the moustache -you really are a brave lass. it had ice crystals and everything! i once wrote a story where gil had a moustache and a reviewer convinced me to remove it. i always did regret that so thank you for being true to gilbert's hair choices :o)
third. can we just linger a while in his fine physique after working on the railway. goodness me, i was blushing as much as anne.
and then, the awkwards. so well done. the silly chatter, the lame comments, the heart beating stupidly but the silence feeling even worse. the whole thing was perfectly observed and described. loved it.
best part- canoodling on the sofa. or was it undoing her apron. i don't know but i am seven shades of all het up right now thanks to you and those two. an utter delight.
am super glad you are writing the one i suggested. but will have to go through 1-4 before i can bring myself to read it. yeah it's an awful problem to have.
thank you. i will be revisiting this often :o)
4/25/2015 c6 7Formerly known as J
This chapter was adorable. There is such a sweetness to your stories that I just love to read, Bertha. I'm so enjoying your "gaps" and you really have a gift for capturing the flavour of LMM's writing style. It's so easy to imagine that she could have written any one of these little scenes.

It was lovely that Anne was imagining enjoying all the little details of housekeeping in her own little house of dreams and thinking of her married life with Gilbert. The wait must have seemed interminable by then with only a few months to go, especially since they saw each other so rarely during their engagement. So with only Gilbert's letters to keep her going, I'm glad he wrote her some good ones! I loved that she was so nervous when he arrived unexpectedly, and worried that she barely recognised him. Luckily, she still recognised the twinkle in his eyes. So cute.

Then Gilbert imagining their next Christmas together (sigh) and "you know I can't tell you no." Delicious. Who knew taking off an apron could be so steamy? Phew, I'm having a bit of a flush myself after "Anything else I can help you with?"

This was just gorgeous, and I can't wait to read the next one. Thank you so much for this little insight into how Anne & Gilbert kept the dream alive during their engagement.
4/25/2015 c6 Guest
Gorgeous :) so warm, despite separation and winter. Smiling all the way while reading :)
4/25/2015 c6 InsanityProne
:D *sighs* Wonderful!
4/25/2015 c6 19Alinyaalethia
This was just what I needed after a night watching the latest Met simulcast. I love them but coming back to Earth after all that high drama is difficult and this was just as sweet and comforting and enjoyable as a good cup of tea (and as tea to me is the 8th sacrament you couldn't do any better). It was lovely to get a glimpse at one of Gilbert's letters, especially the kind that had to be answered with special pen. And Gilbert coming in out of the snow was a moment to relish, as was Davey, who never fails to make me laugh. But that final touch, Gilbert picturing Christmases to come, how right and sweet that felt. It just brought out why he suits Anne, he might be a practically minded doctor but he's not without imagination,imagination. That he's using it to project a future with Anne is even better. I shall be watching eagerly for more.
4/25/2015 c6 PelirrojaBiu
It was such a darling chapter! Great job!
4/25/2015 c6 Erika
So sweet. I really missed those quiet moments together from ApWP.
140 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »