FanFiction.Net
for You Know the Night

2/13/2015 c11 1buddypumpkin
I stumbled across this last night, and read the whole in one big gulp. Laney is awesome. Looking forward to future chapters. :)
2/12/2015 c11 GlassyTheRosePen
I liked this chapter. Laney's grandmother sounds very wise and kind. The bond they have is very sweet. Please update soon!
2/12/2015 c10 GlassyTheRosePen
I get the feeling that the "try to be nice" message came from Maori through Hikaru's phone. He would say something like that. Also thank god Haruhi managed to talk some sense into Kyoya. He needed it.
2/12/2015 c11 391mutemuia
The other side of chapter 10.
Nice chapter.
2/12/2015 c10 mutemuia
Hilarious...
The Shadow Queen in action XD
2/12/2015 c9 GlassyTheRosePen
"If you want to give the impression that you think of her as a prostitute, that's definitely the way to go." Best burn I've heard in a while. Kyoya might need some aloe vera for that. :p

Another aspect of Laney that I appreciate; she's fair. She is mad at Kyoya, but she is willing to hear him out and admit to her bad behavior as well. I again congratulate you on how amazing you are on portraying the true, human reactions and feelings for these people. Update soon!
2/11/2015 c9 mutemuia
Well, when I saw the length, I wondered why... Unusual from you, indeed.
But it's true, you start to write and never know where the story will lead you.
I loved this chapter. This is their first real argument/misunderstanding. And it involves sex. Big word.
It's nice how Kyoya seeks help in Huni, and how he make him realize some things.
It's all about sincerity. No big deal for an Ootori XD
Great chapter.
2/11/2015 c8 mutemuia
Hmm, they're starting to like each other...
I like that Kyoya have still some self-respect and not take advantage of Laney. At this time XD
2/10/2015 c8 Kipppling
Im really enjoying your story and i love how your portraying kyoya too! Keep it up
2/10/2015 c8 6TheHuntressofstories
Wow, this is amazing! You've tackled the modern-day arranged marriage idea well. Laney is an amazing OC, much better than I could have ever hoped to write. Her personality and background are established well. Your grammar is impeccable, your wording well chosen. The only thing I can complain about is chapter length, but I know some authors work best with writing short chapters, and it's not really the end of the world or anything.

Your dialogue flows well and is realistic. Laney and Kyoya's interactions are interesting. I did find it odd that Kyoya hadn't changed in the many years after his high school, though.

Overall, a really great story, one I hope to see more of. Please, keep it up! :)
2/10/2015 c8 9Awesomer then you
plz update, this is really good
2/10/2015 c8 GlassyTheRosePen
Another chapter! I'm glad. I love the balance you maintain in this fic. Like it's not mushy or unrealistic (like so many other Ouran fics involving an OC) nor too dramatic. Laney's determination is admirable, and truthfully she has the qualities of a good doctor and a well written OC. I also particularly liked her little jokes.

Though I think you might be rushing the relationship of Kyoya and Laney. The story so far is only 8K words and he's already warming up to her. I presume this is going to be a rather short story, am I correct? In this case I just don't want something I like so much to end soon.

PS: I had a dream about your fic last night. I don't remember much but...it was weird. I can tell you that much.
2/9/2015 c7 Awesomer then you
amazing
2/9/2015 c7 391mutemuia
I can't believe it! Nosey Tamaki... XD
Oh, no, Kyoya, why are you hosting? Don't do that...
2/9/2015 c7 GlassyTheRosePen
I like this story. And Laney... She's such an interesting OC. In fact she's provably the best OC I've read about in a while. Please continue!
110 « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 Next »