for A Test of Faith

10/24/2018 c1 8967452310c
This is a fantastic story I love your descriptions of the true power of an angel
9/25/2018 c1 Black Fungus
Thanks. Cass is bad ass.
4/14/2017 c1 Guest
Yo! Kudos kudos kudos my friend! That was great! Thanks! :-)
12/18/2016 c1 28Radon65
This was really enjoyable. You did an excellent job on Dean's inner thoughts, the flow of them and keeping in character. All of his dialogue with Castiel was really interesting and I liked your take on the mechanics of angel possession and bloodlines, etc. I think you're right that they often forget how ludricrously awesome Castiel's power is, because he's just so damn nice that he lets them walk all over him when he could swat them like flies. I also liked your description of the healing process at the molecular level, and how Cas had to tone everything down to avoid damaging Dean. Sam took things pretty well overall, and he and Cas also had good interactions. This was an interesting situation, character study, and narrative that was well written and kept in good character. Thanks for posting!
11/26/2016 c1 3mckydstarlight
This was awesome! I really loved it!
11/3/2016 c1 2Snovolovac
i so love you for writing this and pointing out that Cas is in fact pretty fudgin' powerful and not human. I really don't like how often he looks/is treated like a joke to laugh about and this fic is what I wish would happen in canon. Kudos!
7/13/2016 c1 RadioGlitch
YES oh my gosh I love powerful Cas, and I totally agree that he gets turned into comic relief too often. Honestly it'd be funnier if it happened less often. I also love your terrier-vs-dinosaur analogy, and your writing in general is very pleasant to read.
2/19/2016 c1 29celinenaville
Really extraordinary. I love the imagery of Dean being a terrier and Castiel a dinosaur. People forget how truly POWERFUL Cas is.
2/18/2016 c1 8AlexHamato
Dude... I JUST got into the Supernatural fandom not to long ago, but I've been a One Piece fan for YEARS. And then I was re-visiting your profile, because I was going to read more One Piece, then I realized YOU WROTE SUPERNATURAL. So OF COURSE I had to see what you did! Castiel is my favorite character, closely followed by Dean. So, as you can see, I was more than thrilled to read this. I wish I had more constructive critiquing to say, and I know I've never been around your reviewers, but I've always been a massive fan.

It's weird, isn't it? The best written works on this SITE are often the least reviewed.

This may have been the best Supernatural story I have read yet. Especially when it came to portraying the characters. Too often I read about Castiel being this... weak, cowardly victim of sorts. Or they have him extreme "human" and use that as an excuse to shag Dean Winchester.

But this? Wow. I just had GOOSEBUMPS. Your narration just kind of... rolls... it's streamlined... It flows so fluidly from sentence to sentence and then you have POW moments that happen in the dialogue. So the balance of narrative and dialogue is amazing. I have this bad habit of focusing TOO much on dialogue because I hate writing narrative in general. Either I have a strong character voice in the piece, or it sounds really... stiff. But not this! Oh, no - Very Dean Winchester. And I loved every moment of it! I was also impressed with how you handled Cas and Sam. And the entire concept of this was just fantastic.

I've found it hard to juggle continuity with fanfiction and Supernatural canon. I used to write heavily for Ninja Turtles and it's a LOT easier to do whatever you want there. Not so much for One Piece, but at least with One Piece you have them moving from island to island so it's a LOT easier to make up adventures between main arcs. Supernatural is really fast-moving and doesn't give a lot of time to rest between huge story arcs. But this was very well done! I could actually see this working really well as an episode. Like it didn't feel out of place in the slightest.

Again, this was amazing, and I felt strongest about how Dean finally felt AWE by Castiel. (not because he was HOT or whatever). Because Castiel is an Angel of the Lord. I think a lot of people forget that when they write him. So yes, definitely my favorite piece from Supernatural yet!
2/10/2015 c1 12colordrifter
I totally agree with you when it comes to Cas being used as comic relief more and more. The angels, as a group, are less and less of a threat in later seasons and kinda adopt herd mentality (lemmings, anyone?). As someone who really likes angel stories in Christian theology, I really really miss S4 and S5, when "biblical" was more than a throwaway description and the angels had the power to back up their words. I love how you highlighted that in this story, as well as how you portrayed Cas' relationship with the Winchesters. I also love how you write Dean-the little turn of phrases, the sarcasm, general belligerent attitude. Gah, I love it!
2/9/2015 c1 mskittyk
Very good. I agree with your observations.