for More Like a Sea Captain

1/5 c1 reisova
Good story
5/19/2020 c1 Clare
How romantic, the Captain not being able to face shaving or himself in the mirror because he was so affected by the loss of Maria! Love that he had the good sense to end things with Elsa too before his fraulein came back. And Maria straddling Georg while ridding him of the beard and then ending up in a passionate snogging situation is just dreamy. Mind you, I'd quite easily take CPlums with or without facial hair tbh. Sigh! Anyways, nice fic :)
7/13/2018 c1 10bloomandgrow
I loved this story, with the Captain growing a beard almost like penance, a hair shirt for his guilt. How wonderful that you linked that to him finally looking like a grizzled sea captain - all bristly and bushy. Having seen pictures of CP with a beard, I can see why Maria wanted Georg to shave - hides too much of that handsome face.
Oh and I love stories where Georg comes to his senses about Elsa without needing prompting by Maria's return. So that post blue strawberries scene was perfect for me.
3/25/2017 c1 73UndoubtedlyTheWine
Hahha! Nice. He didn't shave during Maria's absence :p
1/31/2016 c1 103Sara K M
Hi there.

I liked the way you had Maria gone for 12 days. I've read versions of this scene where she's only been gone for a day or two, and I don't think that's accurate. (Of course, all of the Von Trapps would feel like she's been gone longer than she had, but still. You have to assume time for them to "accept" that she left, for Georg to decide proposing to Elsa is what he should do, and the nuns to have enough time to worry about Maria in the meantime.)

I wish Georg would have kept the beard, but I suppose it's not very in character for him to do so. (Don't mind me. I have a big facial hair fetish.)
12/31/2015 c1 38lead me to salvation
This is so cute and adorable and I love it! :)
12/3/2015 c1 29Lauryn Vi
"I need to help you bathe?" - BAHAHAHA. I totally lost it here.

Also, morose Georg is kind of the sweetest... not shaving, counting the days, not being able to concentrate. Although the ending scene was sweeter, still. Loved the bit where he had to remove the razor from her hands.
5/24/2015 c1 chakochick
Lovely!
5/12/2015 c1 602Ghostwriter
Awesome. Loved it. Catch ya on the flip side.
2/22/2015 c1 58gothicbutterfly95
How did I miss this little gem?! I loved the idea of how he's so absorbed with thinking about her that he can't shave. The way they confessed their love was awesome and the ending was hilarious and sweet at the same time!
2/16/2015 c1 Louise1984
Ah, I'm so glad I posted that photo...! Gorgeous! Thank you :)
2/13/2015 c1 BrittanyLS
So romantic!
2/10/2015 c1 Guest
Aww so sweet
2/10/2015 c1 Maria
Cute! I love it!
2/11/2015 c1 33augiesannie
Wow. Fabulous. I am so impressed that you took that image of the unshaven disheveled Captain and brought it alive for us. I've read a lot of stories about the note and the morning after, and this one just seemed pitch-perfect - like it really could have happened that way. Although of course your AU ending was delicious too! Thanks so much for writing it!
21 Page 1 2 Next »