for My Journey to the Plateau

9/13/2015 c1 jag389
I agree.
8/10/2015 c1 Guest
Hmm.
The show was OK, not great.
The writers let the fans down with some ridiculous episodes and by dragging out the Roxton Marguerite relationship.
Two seasons would have wrapped it up, without the need for witches, helicopters, Finn etc etc.
The acting was pretty dire at times, awful accents and script.
Yet to read a decent fic that concludes the series.
Flogging a dead horse springs to mind!
Not the best adaptation of The Lostworld.
2/27/2015 c1 19zeusfluff
Lovely little piece. I too believe that by telling stories for the Lost World it renews our curiosity and love for the show. Even years later.

I thank you for sharing this with us.
2/27/2015 c1 Lost World Lover
I enjoyed this short piece. Despite the mean spirited attacks by a few individuals who seem to hate The Lost World enough by attempts to use near terroristic attacks on writers it is nice to see this as it shows the bullies they won't win.

The so-called reviews by these individuals actually show how pathetic they are. It is they who are ignorant and with their attacks they show it.
2/27/2015 c1 Snark
Flocks of obnoxious, arrogant Fanbrats and Sock puppets lurk in The LostWorld, providing easy prey.
Cheesy TV show, lousy acting, bad writing, glad it was axed.
2/25/2015 c1 Rox
This has to be some kinda joke? What a bunch of weirdos.
2/22/2015 c1 vivi
i love to read fanfiction, most of all romantics about marguerite and roxton, i'm a huge fan, and always happy to find new writers. thank you
2/13/2015 c1 7Karene
Dammit, Bingo... This was beautiful, and nostalgic, and everything wonderful about the small, patchwork fandom that still haunts this section of FFN.

I'm grateful to see that there are others who still dart to the Lost World section even time new Fics are added. Like sharks to blood, moths to a flame, Marguerite to jewels, or Ned to a story.

It's reassuring that even with only 66 episodes, this fantastic show that no one else has ever heard of, still holds a lasting impression in others.

Vive la Plateau!
2/13/2015 c1 19dolphinrain
In the first season of The Lost World, Summerlee once said the Plateau and the Treehouse had given them the opportunity to rewrite their lives, themselves. How many people ever get that chance. Some of us who watch often wish we had that chance but make the best with what we have.

For me The Lost World simply grabbed my attention and refuses to let go. It has done this as few other series have or for so long. Yes, some may argue it only lasted three seasons or that it is defunct. I argue it is NOT defunct to some of us. Myself, yes, I do have a life outside the Treehouse but I like coming back for a visit now and again or I feel I have a story to share. I don't claim to be a perfect writer but I just want to keep alive the interest The Lost World deserves.

It was recently pointed out to me that though the fan base for The Lost World is small we are dedicated and scattered but we are united in our love for these wonderful characters. Interest in this series is not dead but rather alive and well. We all have our favorites but that's fine as we each bring a different viewpoint.

The Lost World is alive.
2/13/2015 c1 20rann
Nice piece - I wandered across a season 3 episode while looking for a Cubs game. Identified it as Lost World but thought I'd just run across another movie treatment. Didn't think to look for it until I ran across it again. Finally set up the VCR (it was 2001) to catch the episode. Trapped was the first one I saw in it's entirety. I was hooked.

I think you nailed what keeps us intrigued - the possibilities, a misfit group, potential back stories, a variety of futures.

Thanks for sharing the memory. Keep writing!
2/12/2015 c1 33Gemini Explorer
Bingo

Thanks for this account of how you came to the TLW fold. I watched from the first, in 1999, after seeing teasers about the show before it began. I wanted jungle adventure and was surprised by the high Sci-fi content, although some of that is okay.
You managed to state your case in a nostalgic, affectionate way that shows your obvious attraction to this remarkable program.

I think the answer to the show's appeal is that the cast was well chosen and we all had our favorites, and we wanted to see how the romance between M&R would fare, and if Vee and Ned would ever be more than friends. I liked the dinosaurs, the guns, the adventure, and I suspect that those who read my fics realize very well that I like Finn! To be honest, she and Veronica were the main draw of the show for many male fans.

I think the emerging camaraderie and mutual assistance of the Treehouse crew attracted us and made us feel a sense of family with them. Would the selfish Marguerite ever thaw? What was her ulterior motive in financing the expedition? Who was she, really? And would the lovely Veronica get tied up again in the next episode? (Laughing Smilie here.)

Thanks again for sharing your TLW origins. I know that some of us still linger here, hoping for new stories, hopefully as competently written as yours have been.

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service