for Matchmaker

5/31 c7 Guest
Wow I really enjoyed reading this, it's such a nice take on it and it was really interesting to see Elsa's point or view ! Not gonna lie, I would have loved to see exactly what happened when Maria is showing Georg how to use the puppets, as well as the scene after the ball, but really that was such a great story, sweet and sad at times for Elsa but moving and beautifully written !
4/3 c7 3VioletErin.26
Huh poor elsa. I like how she ended up trying to make the best of the situation and not let her jealousy ruin it.
2/4 c7 Denie1943
Very nicely done! Thanks for sharing. Stay well!
5/21/2020 c7 Clare
A lovely fic! Like that Elsa is the hero in this and becomes a matchmaker. Wish I could have been a fly on the wall a few times though - when Maria was showing the Captain how to work the puppets and they're hands were tangled, when he placed his jacket around her and their talk after the party. These were quite teasing descriptions because it's told from the pov of Elsa, and I'm a bit of a nosy parker so I wanted the detail of what Maria and The Cap were saying/reacting. Lols Great story anyways.
5/22/2020 c7 DropOfGoldenSun
I loved this fanfic from Elsa's POV. It's so well written and adorable
10/11/2019 c7 42Madame Streep
I love this! xx
4/20/2019 c7 6samandfreddie
I love this! I am not fond of fanfics that portray Elsa as catty and manipulative. In the movie, when she influenced Maria to leave the night of the party, she was, in my opinion, not doing it maliciously and with aim to humiliate Maria. When Georg and her parted ways, she did it with so much class, self-respect, grace and without bitter deference to his decision that I understand how Georg himself seemed to be sad to have caused her pain. I also think she has more depth than most of her depictions of vanity and uppity-ness. When she said she needed someone who needed her desperately, or at least needed her money desperately, I think we were given a glimpse of how lonely she had felt, not just in Salzburg where the Georg she had known slowly changed before her eyes, but even in Vienna where the rest of the socialites in her circle resided and I assume, where the relationships she have had for the past years, excluding Georg and Max, revolved around wealth and power rather than true companionship, romantic and otherwise. Thank you for giving justice to her character, and doing it wonderfully. Great job!
2/19/2018 c7 4zestylime
Okay this was TOO CUTE, all these lovely little overheard/seen moments of tenderness between Georg and Maria and just knowing herself as a person...not being interested in kids or anything that Georg was at home, leading to her decision. This GRACE suits Elsa to a tee, and you can definitely see her care for Georg as a long time friend. Loved how you used the actual dialogues between her and Max as a jumping off point, that was really well done.

My favorite thing was that you put her in Eliza's ball gown from My Fair Lady...this amazing reveal...literally giving them her blessing and putting her hand in his...my HEART.

I NEEDED THIS. thank you for writing it.
7/14/2017 c7 SOM fan
That was great! It was cool that it was all in Elsa's point of view the whole time. I sort of wish that you made Elsa eavesdrop on Georg and Maria at the party though.
2/15/2016 c7 103Sara K M
Hi there.

I really like the way you included a lot of moments with the children in this. I really prefer to read about couples with children, and I think there needs to be a balance between writing ONLY about the couple together and writing ONLY about them interacting with the children. It's particularly important with Maria and Georg since the way they interacted with the children was a lot of the reason they fell in love.

You achieve the balance with this story. :)

It's kind of nice that's from Elsa's POV, too, even if it isn't canon. I love supporting character POVs, you know. :)
12/31/2015 c7 38lead me to salvation
Eeee this is the most adorable thing - I really like the idea of Elsa realising earlier and then saving everyone a shedload of angst. Your writing style is lovely and so simple, and I adore the dialogue - especially in the last two chapters and the way you kept some of the original and then twisted it when Elsa is helping Maria get ready! So lovely! :) xx
7/18/2015 c7 5tinkbooklover
That was so cute. Really loved nice matchmaker Elsa. Adorable. Thank you for brightening up my pretty dim day. Xx :)
5/19/2015 c7 34thoroughlymodernJulie
I relate to Elsa so well, here. I'm forever oogling my dad and his girlfriend. It's the most gratifying thing in the world after 25 years of crap. It makes me so ridiculously happy to watch the adorableness and I make no apologies for it. But I'm also constantly shooing my brothers and her kids away from them so they can be alone (and I shut myself in my room to write the adorableness into oblivion). It's win-win all around.

Such a great end, thank you so much for taking the leap into writing a sympathetic Elsa-centric story! I don't like stories where she's just constantly the villain, it makes me sad. This story made me very, very happy, and it was so brilliantly-written.

Oh, small note, for future reference it simply would be "Ende." Drives every German I know crazy to include the article. To follow this is an argument of philosophical nature, but would you really expect anything less of speakers of a language known for philosophy, poetry, and music? It annoyed me at first, but now I just roll my eyes and laugh. It's achingly typical.
5/19/2015 c6 thoroughlymodernJulie
That last line Elsa speaks to Maria is perfect, and I'm in love with the dress chosen for Maria. Armed in both hands against Maria's protestations!

I enjoy how you've written this - I know when I'm writing scenes stripped straight from the film, I can get really bored, and if I am, then that's my cue to go back and start doing some rewriting. It's even worse if I'm reading it and can't do anything about it! I had fun with this, and I so delighted in the conversation with Maria going in a good direction instead of an angsty, terrible one. And as you've made the point of making sure that the statement of love and mutual attraction is said out loud to both serves as the push they need that Maria's leaving otherwise provided Georg. I love how Max is in on it, and that he's Elsa's partner in crime. Underneath all that ambition, somewhere there must be a desire for Georg and Maria's happiness! ;)

My heart fluttered at Georg sweeping Maria up in a waltz without qualm. Perfect. Perfect.
5/19/2015 c5 thoroughlymodernJulie
Hah, Elsa playing the benevolent fairy godmother is something I never thought I'd see. But it suits her well. I like it. And better still, I like that she knows it and owns it. It is so in line with who she is! That's what makes it work.

I really, really love the repurposed dialogue usage going on in this story. It never fails to add new dimension and I love how everything is carefully turned over to make sure it fits this alternate universe without departing too far from the original intent. Great stuff.

It never did occur to me that the children preparing a song for the party could be in direct contrast to Georg's wishes... there's a story there if I ever saw one! Love that Maria takes it up with Elsa though, and of her unassuming own volition. I'm really starting to think that I'd love to see this story played out from Maria's perspective, just based on how she's been built, here. It'd be a fabulous companion. Not to add to your plate or anything, but... ;)
112 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »