for Death Never Dies

2/22/2015 c1 Arcanimus
I've imagined the fight with Yogg-Saron far different than you did. Ok, not far different but this still isn't close to what I have in mind. Not that it's a bad thing, of course. Lorewise, I believe the raids are far different than we perceive in the game. Again, I'm not saying I didn't like your portrayal of the Yogg-Saron fight, I just felt like I needed to point that out.

Good to see you using the third person narrative. I'm interested in seeing where this story is going.
2/21/2015 c1 5Shinkicker
Nice, always good to see Old God stories. There are barely any Old God as mortals too, or mortals with OG powers. So I'm curious where you'll go with it.

I've been siting on a sort of similar idea myself. But it was more tied to the fact that a bunch of cultists in Stormwind were conducting a ritual, and they were going to sacrifice a baby to the Old Gods for power. However something went wrong or whatever, and all the cultists died and the only survivor was the baby... which eventually went to the orphanage. few years later and the young girl is growing up nicely, unsure what she wants to do with her life, but has an interest in history... which leads to archaeology... which leads to the dwarf archaeology society thing i forget the name of atm... which leads her to Titan and Old God related stuff and her finding out she can do... things... culminating in a fight between her and cultists in which she summons a pile of tentacles from the ground to drive off/kill the cultists... stuff happens revelations are made... and ultimately a confrontation with Yogg-Saron... who is her "father", the end. Was going for Lovecraftian horror moments with her powers and people around her, and her basically becoming an Old God and taking up their mantle of sorts... proclaiming herself guardian against the dark, but its not that easy with such a legacy to live up to. huh... i kinda rambled there for a moment. woops.

Thanks for posting.