for Blown Away

4/1/2017 c1 352DarkAngelOfSorrowReturns
Okay, I'll admit, the thing that brought me to this story was the title and inspiration. So, I decided I will listen to the song as I read this. Alright, the descriptive and loaded words used throughout the whole story is amazing. I could picture every scene precisely.

The beginning part depicting her on her way home in the storm is so spot on. Then reading how Duncan acts really has him in tune with the guy in the song and even canonically in character. The scene with Courtney losing her parents was heartbreaking and then the ending with Courtney trying to get away from Duncan was such a sad moment for me to read. Once she packed all of her things and went into the cellar I knew how it was going to go; and you executed it perfectly.

Overall, this was definitely a good, light read and will definitely be added to my favorites c: splendid job, my friend!
3/29/2016 c1 4MaddieLovesFOB
Wow, that was somewhat... morbid, but it seems like something Courtney would do. Great job keeping her in character, by the way! I felt that the story was well written, but you didn't emphasize the abuse well enough in my opinion (unless i completely skipped over it, whoops). Other than that, the detail was great, everything else was there, making it a well-written piece. Great job!
-Maddie
3/28/2016 c1 9melodicBooknerd13
I'd been planning on reviewing Cheater for R&S, and I know it was a quick read, but I just couldn't think of how to phrase my review for the first chapter, so I'm here. I'm going to read Cheater completely after R&S ends. I think I remember reading this back when it came out, but I never reviewed it.
This is one of my favorite songs, and this was awesome. I loved seeing Courtney finally escape her absuive relationship. Even if it was in a morbid way. I love how Courtney still feels kinda sad about having to do this, but being able to get over it.
I didn't really see anything that needed to be improved on, this was really good.
That's all for now. Bye!
2/27/2015 c1 37Applauze
I loved this Green! Duncney was so in character and I loved the backstory you gave as to why Courtney moved to Oklahoma and I first read that as Kansas and I was fixing to dig out my Wizard of Oz references but I caught it in time.

Maybe it was a good thing that the house and everything was blown away. I loved the emotional touches you added and this was a really good oneshot. Until next time!

-Josh