for Voices of Heaven Dwellers

11/29/2016 c1 85Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet
Very nicely done. Beautiful little one-shot.
6/16/2016 c1 3kalmaegi
Zeno's life is painful and takes it in perspective why he addresses them like that. He couldn't remember their names.
2/10/2016 c1 deviedra
awe I love this ;"; i cri evrytim
1/19/2016 c1 68MorgantheFae
Ahaha, i love the opening. The camaraderie between Zeno and his friends, and of course the way that results in the others all picking on him. and how Zeno can tell Abi is nodding when he can’t even see them.
But that part about him traveling is so sad! I feel especially bad about it, since before the true nature of Zeno’s dragon power was revealed i judged him pretty harshly. I totally misunderstood him, and i’ve felt horrible about it ever since. He’s been through so much more, both good and bad, than anyone else in Yona.
Your discussion of his memories raised an interesting point for me. Science was my worst subject, so i don’t know much about neurology, but it’s my understanding that people lose their memories when they get old because brain cells don’t reproduce like cells in other parts of the body. By that logic, since Zeno’s healing is supernatural anyway, he shouldn’t forget anything, but to me it’s more that he’s seen and experienced so much, made so many more memories than the human brain is designed to hold, that he can’t hang on to them all. Whatever it is, it’s horribly sad. Forgetting is, i think, one of if not the saddest thing that can happen. It did make me happy when he wandered back to Kouka and found the spirits of his friends again.
Even more than that, i liked when he found everyone’s reincarnations in Yona’s group and recognized their traits. Hakuryuu still waiting for him, Seiryuu still pretending to be strong, Ryokuryuu still choosing to tie himself down, and your phrasing was so beautiful it hurt, especially with regard to Shin-ah and Jae-ha. Congratulations, you’ve written a truly amazing fic.
12/4/2015 c1 6TekoloKuautli
It almost made me cry, so beautiful :)
7/25/2015 c1 131XxKiraXx1
OMFG! This fic was beautiful! There were times where I was grinning and laughing and other times I was bawling my eyes out! It was breathtaking!
7/16/2015 c1 fairymaster
I loved reading this. Thank you for writing it.
6/4/2015 c1 388fiesa
Wow.

I read this story twice, once for the story, once for the details. I don't know how much of it is canon which I haven't read yet, and how much is your imagination (especially the names of the three surrogate brothers of Zeno's whose voices he hears) but either way, I'll make it my personal head canon until I know better, and even past that point, depending.

You did a brilliant job with characterizing the Four Dragons (and King Hiryuu) in this story. Between the lines, there is so much more to read. The paragraphs are short and clipped, but there is so much they tell about Zeno's life, his choices, thoughts and his precious people. I especially liked the way you describe the passing of time, and how he deals with it (not so well in the beginning, better towards the end but the loneliness is still there). I liked your characterizations of the other three original dragon warriors, their humor, their bickering and their friendship. And, especially, their loyalty towards King Hiryuu and towards each other.

It did feel to me as if sometimes there were shifts in the time forms of the verbs you used, though it's hard for me to say whether it is due to Zeno's peculiar way of speech or accidental. It does not, however, destroy the overall effect of the story. Because overall, it was a wonderful read which I enjoyed very much (I'll read it a third time, just for the sake of it, I think), and I really, really liked the idea behind it.

Thank you for sharing it!
3/25/2015 c1 4Dingdong250
*Sniffles* That was wonderful. I won't say I'm crying because I'm, but I can just feel the imaginary tear rolling down my cheek. I loved your portrayal of the other dragons, and I freakin' adore Zeno! I haven't fully read the manga yet, so I'm waiting for the manga to be fully translated as well as the anime. Good work! I really enjoyed reading this!
3/6/2015 c1 37Tuvstarr's lost heart
This was so incredibly beautiful. Thank you...
3/5/2015 c1 zzzzzzNot-in-Usezzzzzzzzz