for Post Script: Legacy

12/3/2016 c1 Guest
Rachel Blakely has cancer. She's self published her books. Look at her she's terminally I'll.
10/22/2015 c1 Guest
Hey there good job more please
10/4/2015 c1 Guest
Gemini Explorer has sent my underage daughter disgusting, lewd messages via Lost World message /fanfiction boards.
3/29/2015 c1 Guest
Nice story.
3/26/2015 c1 Guest
I don't see anything here to get jealous of.
Get over it.
3/23/2015 c1 Guest
This story is very good with a few minor spelling errors but nothing that a quick edit won't take care of. It is great to see new stories despite the jealous crowd who leave reviews critical of a story but whose own spelling is abominable.

Keep writing.
3/18/2015 c1 19dolphinrain
This was really quite good. I thought you had the characters fairly close and like that you included Ned's thoughts as well. This was nicely done and a nice addition to The Lost World fanfictions. I hope you will continue to write more.

We pathetic 'fanbrats' following a 'cheesy' show. Oh, well, no more so than fans of far worse than other cheesy shows. Its still fun.
3/14/2015 c1 19zeusfluff
I think you've done a good job at making everyone sound in-character. It was a nice little peek into how the explorers felt after the events that occured in the episode "Legacy." There are a few missing words in one or two sentences but other than that I found this story entertaining.

I hope you'll write more TLW fics.

Thanks for sharing this with us.
3/12/2015 c1 sobepuzzler713
Please continue.
3/11/2015 c1 33Gemini Explorer
First, I commend you for writing a TLW fic at a time when uncouth hecklers have been badgering many of us authors in this genre. I had a PM today from a girl who had just deleted a "review" that was an insulting personal and racial (she's half-Latina) sneer.

I think you have a pretty good assessment of the characters per canon. I do think some consider Challenger to be older than I think he was. The actor just turned 65 in 2014, and the show ended in 2002. I write him as being in his 50's when he discovered Finn in New Amazonia and she came to live with the others. I have Finn cutting his hair so that he looks better groomed and younger. No one else looked like they needed a barber! Who was trimming their hair? Veronica? Marguerite? Most fic scribes ignore that issue.

Marguerite was in her early to mid 30's and I see George regarding her as a sort of grown daughter or younger sister. I sometimes have them share companionship and discussion of the others. I think they'd have an attraction to one another as friends and virtual family. Thus, I doubt that he'd consider adopting Marg. She's too old for that and too much his peer or close friend. Finn, yes. He might well see her as a daughter and would be her mentor and surrogate father, to a degree. I think they'd grow on one another and that she'd become very dear to him and vice-versa.

Most authors ignore Finn or gravely underrate her. This girl was 22 and she'd survived that long by having a keen mind and a survivor's sense of evading danger, with a high degree of distrust and caution. I think you were dead-on in having her be the one who'd watch the jungle while the others were involved in their own emotional crisis. BTW, I don't know how long this story will be, but if you keep writing, "The Lost World" (TLW) fics, may I suggest that Finn exchange her puny crossbow for guns? She would, in a flash, if able. Her first words to Roxton were, "Nice guns!" And expeditions like that which perished in, "Suspicion" would provide enough firearms to give her a choice. She certainly has suitable and plausible guns in my own fics, most Rated as Mature. I think it's interesting to move beyond Canon and the completed episodes to write continuing and evolving characters as they grow more used to each other and encounter new experiences and relationships.

To be honest, I'm a bit tired of fics that leave Marg. unable to commit to John and to move their status forward. I think they had already bonded by the time of the episode that you mentioned, "Legacy." So very many authors dwell on M&R's perennial angst. This seems to fascinate most female fans. I'd rather see all the "family" bonded in personal and communal relationships and facing mostly external threats. That M&R "will they; won't they" gets old after awhile.

This was a great show, if a bit far out with some plot ideas. I'm glad that you're helping to keep interest alive, and you write well, if a little carelessly.

I suggest re-reading this story with an eagle eye and catching the missing words and the spelling errors. I know it's hard to see all, but try. Not really very many...

Apart from that, I really like the story so far, and am glad to see you publishing about this show. I'll stay tuned and hope that you have more TLW fics planned.
3/11/2015 c1 Guest
This was so good! You managed to capture the characters amazingly! I loved seeing inside everyone's mind (you obviously don't get to do that when you watch it!) exactly how I imagined they would think!

Thank you!