FanFiction.Net
for The Shadow of Angmar

3/25/2022 c37 Raeger
An excellent read from start to where the tale has now reached.

In earlier chapters, your A/Ns expressed surprised that people enjoyed the story despite its slow pace. Part of the appeal of this story for me has been the appreciable buildup all the way from the onset. We see Harry freshly released from Angmar, unable to keep down food and drink, on the verge of death. A desperate struggle and a hastily contrived concoction that deals with his attackers but also wounds him and Daewen. I felt rather invested seeing the steps Harry made in his recovery. Two scenes feature prominently in my recollection — where Saruman cautions Harry about the crude wand made using his own blood, and later when Harry regrows his teeth and realises that all along his appearance which he feared to see has not been so diminished for a while already.

All this leads to the way in which you closed the first arc of the story, with Harry creating a new wand and regaining a core part of who he is and what he lost. Very satisfying indeed.

A second point revolves around one of the aspects of your story which I've enjoyed the most. I like how you've steadily built up this concept of Harry's magic as being about listening to and understanding the nature of the surrounding world. I liked how it wasn't an info dump, but very interwoven into the happenings of the story. Part of the interest is appreciating Harry's growth and amazement at what he is now able to do. On a deeper thought, perhaps part of it is also to do with some of the secondary matters which you have been exploring: Harry has become much more learned, yet there is still much which he does not understand. Recent setbacks and chapters have reminded that for all his age, he is still dwarfed in wisdom and understanding by the likes of Saruman and Galadriel. For all the respect that Harry is accorded from the younger races for his deeds, his is not the well-trodden path of the wise and aloof elf lord or wizard.

And there we come to some big questions brought up by recent chapters. What is Harry's purpose? I was quite struck by what Arwen and Daewen said about the significance that they see in Harry.

Anyway, very much enjoyed. I'm sure lots of other reviewers have mentioned something about the immense effort you've put into the geography and linguistic aspects of the story that truly make the world come alive.
3/20/2022 c37 Guest
I love, please update !
3/18/2022 c5 Please Drink Bleach
Lol this isn’t Harry Potter…. It’s an OC named Harry Potter. Don’t know why you type of authors have to leech off fandoms for reviews.

Should have just made an OC with potter magic instead.
Would make this far more believable. The writing is good but every time he’s addressed as “Harry Potter” I cringe hard.
3/18/2022 c1 Dalke320
This is one of several fanfics that I seMi regularly reread. I am pretty sure I’ve commented on things before. This time I have no grand words, but merely crass ones unbefitting the grandeur of this story. I totes ship Harry and Daewan.
3/15/2022 c37 ChainsofMisery
This is by far the best lotr/hp crossover i have read.
I really hope you will continue with it.
3/3/2022 c24 cgw1500
badass
2/27/2022 c37 asdasd
Has this been dropped? shame if so, best crossover of hp and lotr by far.
2/26/2022 c4 NOGARD
Does harry get his teeth back? :(
2/21/2022 c37 Rayga
this story is absolutely brilliant and amazing
one of the best I have ever read
I hope you return to writing this masterpiece soon
2/18/2022 c29 1066wthec
nice
2/18/2022 c37 5First Consul
I really, really hope you continue this story one day. You are a magnificent writer, one of, if not the, best on FFN, and as a testiment to that, you claim 3 of the top 5 LOTR/HO X-Overs on this site.
Again, I think this is a superb work of art, and I would definitely be here if you were to update.
2/16/2022 c34 StoneTheLoner
It's a shame this went into hiatus when it did. I imagine if you'd reached the movie canon (Which I don't think is too far away) it would've been like dropping rocket fuel on this story. Like, after all that effort you''ll have finally reached the final stretch, and that final stretch came with several movies you could put on to have places and characters to use. You know, instead of deep dives into the wikis and hard work pulling it all together yourself. Or however you wrote these chapters.

Still, I'm hopeful you'll start chipping away at this again soon. It hasn't been that long since the last update, and if this new amazon lord of the rings thing sucks as much as it's looking like you'll be rearing to get back into this fanfic to bleach the new stuff from your memory haha! So thanks for the story, and I can't wait to see it finished!
1/28/2022 c37 Talonwalker
Really enjoying the story, and hope to see more. Thanks!
1/27/2022 c37 sisyphus1967
I don’t know if I can adequately express how awesome this story is. The way you weave the known world of Tolkien with the possibilities of HP as a change agent and reformulate history into a new creation is marvelous. While I typically don’t like Author’s Notes in fiction, yours are cogent and massively helpful in reconciling what I remember vs what is changed. I would love to see parallel timelines someday to truly understand the differences. Thank you for your efforts.
1/26/2022 c26 22thodge
Reading this makes me really hope that shadow of Mordor and shadow of war are cannon in this. Talion got screwed over by Celebrimbor just because he released one of the nazguls from their ring and then released him from Celebrimbors control.
6,569 « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »