FanFiction.Net
for The Shadow of Angmar

2/18/2022 c37 5First Consul
I really, really hope you continue this story one day. You are a magnificent writer, one of, if not the, best on FFN, and as a testiment to that, you claim 3 of the top 5 LOTR/HO X-Overs on this site.
Again, I think this is a superb work of art, and I would definitely be here if you were to update.
2/16/2022 c34 StoneTheLoner
It's a shame this went into hiatus when it did. I imagine if you'd reached the movie canon (Which I don't think is too far away) it would've been like dropping rocket fuel on this story. Like, after all that effort you''ll have finally reached the final stretch, and that final stretch came with several movies you could put on to have places and characters to use. You know, instead of deep dives into the wikis and hard work pulling it all together yourself. Or however you wrote these chapters.

Still, I'm hopeful you'll start chipping away at this again soon. It hasn't been that long since the last update, and if this new amazon lord of the rings thing sucks as much as it's looking like you'll be rearing to get back into this fanfic to bleach the new stuff from your memory haha! So thanks for the story, and I can't wait to see it finished!
1/28/2022 c37 Talonwalker
Really enjoying the story, and hope to see more. Thanks!
1/27/2022 c37 sisyphus1967
I don’t know if I can adequately express how awesome this story is. The way you weave the known world of Tolkien with the possibilities of HP as a change agent and reformulate history into a new creation is marvelous. While I typically don’t like Author’s Notes in fiction, yours are cogent and massively helpful in reconciling what I remember vs what is changed. I would love to see parallel timelines someday to truly understand the differences. Thank you for your efforts.
1/26/2022 c26 22thodge
Reading this makes me really hope that shadow of Mordor and shadow of war are cannon in this. Talion got screwed over by Celebrimbor just because he released one of the nazguls from their ring and then released him from Celebrimbors control.
1/25/2022 c37 neutron95
I stopped following this fic regularly around the Scatha battle. I just reread it and caught up over the last few days, and I really enjoyed it again. I can't wait to see where the story goes next.
1/24/2022 c10 Crainium9
There’s a difference between dark and depressing and you obviously don’t know it
1/24/2022 c27 2Fearful Porpentine
Enthralling story so far. I love it. There is a deep sadness at its core, though, that I hope can be remedied eventually. Harry has been alive for 750 years here, and his life seems empty. He has no hope of returning home, and if he did, things would not be the same. Likewise, he hasn't decided to make middle-earth his home. He's had no close friends, no boon companions, no lovers, no wife, no children-nothing but a life of incessant wandering.

It's hard to see what keeps him going, and how much of Harry Potter is left. I'm hoping for a happy ending of sorts, but it's hard to imagine what that looks like.

Still, though, that's one 'criticism' weighed against the thousands of raves you've already received, all of which are true. Keep up the great work.
1/16/2022 c37 1EVA-Saiyajin
You do well to capture the beauty of Tolkien’s world.
1/14/2022 c22 NCC1701D USS Enterprise
Hii! Can't tell you how much I am enjoying this work of fiction.
1/12/2022 c37 Anon
Unlike so many authors who write Tolkien-inspired stories, you significantly and substantively engage with many of the key themes that drive his work - decline and change across time, purpose and fate, loss and friendship, power and temptation. You have clearly put significant time and effort into exploring how the fact of Harry's existence in Middle-earth intersects with these themes.

From including deep-lore characters like Enelyë to writing sustained original dialogue in Quenya, it's clear that you are deeply immersed in and knowledgeable of this world. Your story is richly textured with worldbuilding and is extremely immersive.

I think your descriptions of Durin's Bane in particular are very compelling and really drive home the elements of menace, ancient evil, and sheer power that we only catch a glimpse of in Tolkien's works.

I am very much looking forward to additional exploration of the exact nature of Harry's 'enigma' status in Middle-earth - how the Witch-king was able to summon him in the first place, what (if any) connection does Harry's original world have to Arda and/or Eä, to what extent the Valar and Ilúvatar are aware of/permissive of Harry's presence in Middle-earth, and whether or not Harry will ever have the chance to actually return home (and more importantly, whether he will still want to).

As you've foreshadowed and explicitly discussed in recent chapters, I suspect that the Ring will end up being a significant source of temptation for Harry in some form (either its use or destruction). Also very curious to see whether Saruman will still fall in this different timeline.

Thank you for sharing the gift of your writing - very excited to see where things go from here!
1/8/2022 c1 Guest
Well I skipped practically this entire chapter with you have Harry only speaking black speech lol trash story not going to bother continuing this garbage
1/2/2022 c37 Cauti0n
10/10 so far
1/1/2022 c37 fanfanfan
this is superb! Thank you for writing this, the quality and the story is magnificent. I hope you'll keep up the good work
12/28/2021 c37 Rhapsodist
Don’t give up! Keep writing this amazing story
6,574 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »