FanFiction.Net
for The Shadow of Angmar

3/17/2015 c1 erbkaiser - closed account
Are you writing from Ëarnur's POV when you refer to the Cataclysm that sunk Númenor as the Wrath of the Valar? Wrath seems the wrong term, it was more their desperation and the actual change of the world was a direct act of Eru.

Dark start. I wasn't expecting Harry to begin as a tortured prisoner of the Witch King with no language other than the Black Speech. Strange that Westron hurts him... an influence of Death?

A good start nonetheless. Looking forward to the rest.
3/17/2015 c1 2DarkBlade the Damned
Hello Steelbadger.

I wanted to compliment you on what is a very intriguing start to what I hope will be another excellent fic.

I really enjoyed The Power he knows Not.

I thought you did a really good job of bringing in Harry and making good use of his abilities while still keeping the story interesting.

I truly love how you try to keep faithful to the tone and form of Tolkiens works in your story.
So many fanfics these days I find unreadable as the authors modernize the story or setting far too much. Your fics have been a job to read so far and I hope they continue to be so.

This story really has me excited because you are starting things so far back in the timeline and as you have already stated canon is going to change dramatically later.

A Harry with a thousand years prior to the war of the ring could do so much.

One thing that never really made sense to me in the Lord of the Rings was how little the human nations seemed to develop. Its a bit hard to believe that in the thousand years following the fall of Arnor no real human civilization replaced it in the North. The only real ones we see are Dale and laketown. Im not sure if others did exist but it seems human civilization is gradually dying rather than recovering or progressing.

Harry could change that in so many ways, with his knowledge of what humans from earth were able to achieve, even without magic and he has plenty of time to do so.

So many questions I want to ask, like what you have planned for the men of the North.
What will happen when Smaug attacks Dale and Erebor in this timeline.
Will Harry be able to save Beorn's people before they are nearly wiped out.

But I guess I will have to be patient and see where you take this.

One thing I wanted to recommend to you. Look up a Song by Miracle of Sound called Rise.
The artist makes as his own take on the themes for movies and video games.
Rise was made for the 3rd Batman film, the Dark Knight Rises and I think it fits in very well with how we see Harry in this Chapter.

I look forward to the next chapter and seeing how Harry will rise in the future.

regards

DarkBlade
3/17/2015 c1 jax91
I like the idea behind this one. I hope that we see more and soon. That you don't translat the Black Speech is in my mind good. It gives the reader the feeling to be part of the story.
3/16/2015 c1 Nadoxx
Interesting so far!
3/16/2015 c1 Wise-wren-owl
I like the start. I am kind of imagining Harry travels with the elf for a while, maybe starts to learn other languages. Overall, Harry seems pretty badass.
3/16/2015 c1 28FalconLux
I'm thoroughly intrigued, but I'm not an authority on the Lord of the Rings Verse by any stretch of the imagination. Will you be providing enough information for me to follow the story without doing independent research?

Either way, I like what I've read thus far and I plan to continue reading if I don't get too confused.
3/16/2015 c1 iheartfictionalbadguys
Fantastic, can't wait for more of this!
3/16/2015 c1 2Dr8gn
oh my what a start Agoreg vae
3/16/2015 c1 Rake1810
Great first chapter.
3/16/2015 c1 Nostam
Odd that one greater than death can be laid low so easily by the fel.
3/16/2015 c1 9ClownWhosFeelnDown
Very good. Interesting. Update soon
3/16/2015 c1 Guest
Love this story! Please, update soon.
3/16/2015 c1 MVDB
Wow, excellent start! You showed us your brilliant writing and storytelling in your previous HP/LotR story, and it seems like you'll continue to do so in this one. I hope to see an update soon!
3/16/2015 c1 5Le Diablo Blanc2
really like the start to this it will be intresting to see it continued and i hope daewen sticks around to
3/16/2015 c1 Guest
Hi!
I liked your last story, and by the looks of it I will enjoy this one to.
I found a little strange the final scene where in a trice he creates a bomb of sort. From what we know of the character up to this moment it doesn't feet in very much..but maybe there is more that we will find out in the following chapters .
Hope to read the next chapter soon.
6,582 « Prev Page 1 .. 427 434 435 436 437 438 .. Last Next »