FanFiction.Net
for Breaking Away

3/16/2015 c1 JAG'ed Bones in the Casckett
interesting beginning. I just hope you are not abandoning Casckett to this new federal direction. I am intrigued but as my name suggest I need me some casckett.
3/16/2015 c1 BigKahuna
Very Nice. The "Dan's" are making a pitch for Rick. And Beckett still won't say anything. Rick would be a much bigger asset at the Fed level. His little "case"? And what's up with Bob? Got lots going on in this chapter.
3/16/2015 c1 CWT
It's really great to see the sequel happening, I've said this before, but I love your version of Castle. I'm interested to see what he ends up doing with the FBI and such. Do you have plans to get him into a relationship with someone at some point? Whether that be Beckett or someone else.

Looking forward to reading more :)
3/15/2015 c1 3Bahamut Slayer
Tried this story, didn't really like this Rick Castle. Sounded snobbish no matter how you want to spin it. Castle has always been the writer that was in for the story and followed Beckett simply because 'he doesnt do this for research, he could write 50 books.

Espo, Ryan, and even Beckett may play around with him, but he has always been good about it. Joins in on the fun. Despite how things turn out, he was never spiteful or held a grudge of anyone except Tyson. Near the end, he was rubbing it on their faces, be it Beckett's team or his publisher.

Well it's your story, your portrayal of Rick. Wish you luck and enjoy.
3/15/2015 c1 3thekiller00
Good to see that people didn't wait to long to tell the press that there was more to Castle's involvement in the Cartwright case. I'm wondering if Kate or the other's will question Gates about it or why the mayor hasn't called Castle. I'm also curious to see how his talk with Shaw goes.
3/15/2015 c1 sthomas086
Vbffan,
Do you think a man who has wrote 20 plus best sellers or a NYPD detective would be more intelligent? Do you think that an actual best selling author like James Patterson hasnt done extremely detailed research on human behavior? One thing I actually thinks gets lost on the show is that Richard Castle would have to be a very intelligent human being to be as successful as he is. So I do think this story line is plausible. Remember Richard Castle has consulted with the CIA. I don't care who his daddy is, if he was intelligent he wouldn't of been allowed. Do you think that the experiences that a person in such a position would give him some unique insite?

To the actual author of this story, I enjoyed this chapter a lot and am looking forward to see where you take the story. I would like to know, since you say it's au sometime in season 4, is the back story before that the same, basically the lies and the conversation on the swings?
3/15/2015 c1 kato769
Interesting start. Look forward to the next chapter. Hope life treats you well.
3/15/2015 c1 1MLN
Interesting. Looking forward to seeing where this goes
3/15/2015 c1 txgal2015
Great chapter. Please keep me posted on new chapters.

Kim
3/15/2015 c1 10VFBFan
I always thought it was ridiculous of the writers of the show to make it look like New York cities finest are dependent on Castles theories. Your story sounds interesting and you are right...Castle had a huge impact on many of the 12th cases but lets face it: The trio around Beckett, Esposito and Ryan were doing just fine before Castle came around. He made the investigations more fun. He brought light into the detectives lives (especially Becketts) but to say he is "needed" is far-fetched. His behavier in this story is very smug to be honest. He's acting like the 12th would be lost without him. Despite of what a great impact he has on the 12th they managed ok without him there. Castle brings some fresh air into the investigations but Beckett, Espo and Ryan are still trained cops and shouldn't be schooled by an book author who has got ten most of his knowledge through research.

It is RIGHT that Castle helped with alot of cases but it's not right that the detectives can't solve cases without him. Especially season 4 was ridiculous in that matter. How many cases Castle solved almost on his own was laughable and totally unrealistic. When Gates asked Beckett "to solve a case without Castles HELP I laughed out loud. Help?

The amount of cases Castle solved with his far-fetched theories were unrealisticly high on the show. The good and refreshing thing about Castle is that he thinks differently than the detectives do. That's what makes him and the team so great but to say that Castle is "needed" is kind of laughable.

The writers of the show often forget that Castle is a writer and not a super cop.
Your story is well...your story and if you think that Castle has
such an influence on the 12th up to the point where they can't
go on without him...I personally disagree with that. His fame
is something the precinct benefits from, that is right but I
don't see Castle rubbing it into his friends faces like that and lik I said before: The 12th was perfectly fine before Castle came around.

I wish you good luck with this story. :-)
3/15/2015 c1 sacto
I enjoyed "Just Along for the Ride" and am intrigued by the set up here. Can't wait to see what happens in this story.
3/15/2015 c1 craspon
I'm confused by this sequel. If this is really supposed to be set in season 4, why is Beckett so cool toward Castle? By this point she knows she has feelings for him, but she's just trying to improve so she can have a relationship with him. She was awfully nonchalant about her meeting with him that first Wednesday, content to settle for a handshake and hearty thank you. That didn't feel right. This first chapter feels more like it should be set in season 1 or 2. Ryan and Esposito are awfully cool toward Castle as well. Finally, there was no explanation for what Gates did.

And now, finding out he's talking to the FBI and contemplating leaving Black Pawn, Beckett doesn't seem very bothered by it. I sense no real concern on her part about possibly losing her partner. Is something else different in your season 4 AU?
432 « Prev Page 1 .. 19 26 27 28 29