for Father's Love

10/8/2020 c16 7QueenTatooine
A very well thought out story. I really appreciated the slow burn. Thank you for sharing it with us.
9/16/2020 c16 10rosesnblueberries
Love this so much!
4/9/2018 c16 191Virodeil
This is one of my most favourite fics. I'm a newbie to Labyrinth fandom, and I haven't even watched the film. From the things I've read and the titbits from the film that I've 'heard', though, I'm beginning to get disenchanted, even before I've spent a month exploring the fics. How Jareth so desperately proposed to Sarah at the end of the Run always bugged me, and the idea that he'd been stalking her since some time before that disturbed me in another level entirely; but this way, there was a plausible explanation that was entirely sensical, sweet, possible and engaging, and I found myself falling in love with it, and subsequently the fandom all over again. With your permission, I'd like to borrow the idea of a paternal Jareth and make it my headcanon for this fandom.
Well, I've never been fond of romance as a genre, but this fandom has taught me to begin liking it. Still, I enjoyed the slow, subtle romance in this story so much; it was not sickly sweet, not filled with an abundance of gaudy UST, and progressed so naturally. There are more fics with this genre in this fandom that I like; and yet, many are… not preferable, all the same. Thank you for writing and posting this, to its completion no less.
I cried during Toby's fake funeral, although I suspected heavily that he was safe with his dad in the Underground. I might still be influenced by my grandmother's death about a month ago; but regardless of my personal feelings, you write beautifully, and I wouldn't be moved that much without that touch. The interactions between Jareth and Toby was nearly just as achingly sweet… You even didn't forget to bring Merlin along to the Underground, when you had Jareth fetch Toby. I'm not a pet person, and my person isn't one which considers a pet as an additional person in the home in most cases, but this was a sweet gesture in Jareth's part nonetheless, and I understood it. It's sad that you wrote the elder Williams out of the children's lives; but again, it made sense, and I'm just being a sucker for an irrationally happily-ever-after. :rueful:
This story is really something that I need to keep myself in this fandom. Thank you so much.
Rey
9/21/2016 c16 29Tailsfan
So good, it took me on an emotional Roller coaster !
5/1/2016 c16 1kittymoon14
This is really good!
3/30/2016 c16 13jessthereader13
A wonderful conclusion. Even though the 2 protagonists made me want to bash my head on the table due to their stupitdiy of not seeing that the other loved them...but I greatly enjoyed the story regardless.
~jess
3/11/2016 c16 VioletzDreamz
This was beautiful! I love every bit of it..the feels was just..amazing :)
2/25/2016 c16 Guest
This was a delight to read. Thank you for writing it. I applaud you on your talents and your willingness to share them!
12/1/2015 c16 1Scarlett Foxie
Thank you for posting. I enjoyed it very much.
9/11/2015 c16 Tempduloupe
APPLAUSE! It's 2:21 AM. So you get the sherlock award for writing a story so interesting that a person was willing to stay up until 2:21 in the morning despite having to get up early. Toast.
8/10/2015 c16 15friendrat
Poor Toby had to wait for a brother. Oh well, I'm sure it turned out to be worth the wait.
8/10/2015 c15 friendrat
I knew Toby was in the Underground! Not telling what she wispered to Jareth I'm the hospital gave it away. And, I didn't think Jareth would stay away from the funeral, or Sarah if he didn't have Toby. Although, you didn't explain what happened in our world. I'd assume a changling, since that its a common legend that a changling would pretend to die. Anyway, Jareth's slip up was an awesome way to bring them together, and I love that Toby's response was "I want a brother"!
8/9/2015 c6 friendrat
Discipline can really suck... but it's so true that even though it can be momentarily painful for both the parent and the child, it is the parents responsibility to teach their child that actions have consequences and that they aren't always pleasant. If more parents realized that these days we would have a much better society to leave in our kids hands. I really hope you didn't get any hate for the spanking!
8/9/2015 c5 friendrat
You know, I just love the daddy side of Jareth! And I always thought he acted differently with Toby then he usually would with a wished away. Also, I love how this story starts with Jareth and Sarah strongly disliking each other, as opposed to the one sided affection or repressed emotions that usually happen. I could definitely see a relationship starting based on mutual love for Toby. That being said, this is not going to be all sunshine and roses, is it? I'm expecting tragedy to strike along the way...
7/31/2015 c16 Guest